• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
She recently weighed in on the white people using the N-Word debate:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/10/malcolm-x-daughter-n-word-hip-hop-ilyasah-shabazz-video/

full

J10

Banned
Has anybody asked what we get in return for allowing white people to say nigga? Like, if I show exceptional restraint and don't punch you in the mouth, do I get a reward of some kind? Or do I just give this up because it's ultimately your white right do whatever you want?

Slayven

Has anybody asked what we get in return for allowing white people to say nigga? Like, if I show exceptional restraint and don't punch you in the mouth, do I get a reward of some kind? Or do I just give this up because it's ultimately your white right do whatever you want?
Black people can't have one privilege.

tumblr_namvts1soJ1tjro1qo3_400.gif

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Saw the tats thread and got curious.
Does anybody in blackgaf have any tats or piercings ?

I always wanted tats but I'm coal so it seemed like a waste of time and money.

RBK

Banned

Honestly never really bothered me.

It's all about how they want to use the word.

Africanus

She recently weighed in on the white people using the N-Word debate:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/10/malcolm-x-daughter-n-word-hip-hop-ilyasah-shabazz-video/
This post made me realize I had never read up on Malcom X. What a shame! While one always hears of Martin Luther King, the other leaders are often cast aside.
A very interesting man! I had no idea his hair was red nor why his last name was X. A true example of one who changed his negative radical philosophies into positive radical ones. It's unfortunate that, like so many reformers of the 20th century, he was assassinated. Quite appalling actually, perhaps people would not have forgotten the tenets of these international reform movements so soon if these people had not died.
I remember a poster of South Africa commenting that Apartheid was only used as an excuse in government nowadays. Only 22 years have passed! Mandela died but two years ago! I suppose the passing of time dulls the public conscious.

This post made me realize I had never read up on Malcom X. What a shame! While one always hears of Martin Luther King, the other leaders are often cast aside.
A very interesting man! I had no idea his hair was red nor why his last name was X. A true example of one who changed his negative radical philosophies into positive radical ones. It's unfortunate that, like so many reformers of the 20th century, he was assassinated. Quite appalling actually, perhaps people would not have forgotten the tenets of these international reform movements so soon if these people had not died.
I remember a poster of South Africa commenting that Apartheid was only used as an excuse in government nowadays. Only 22 years have passed! Mandela died but two years ago! I suppose the passing of time dulls the public conscious.

I read The Autobiography of Malcolm X back in ninth grade and it was what really got me into looking further into civil rights movements and black culture and all of that. Eye-opening stuff. I also had to research "terrorism" in the 1960s, so I ended up learning a lot about the Black Panthers, Weather Underground, etc.

Malcolm X looked baller as shit, too. I can only hope that if my boyfriend and I have a kid, his reese's cup ass comes out looking that sharp.

Young Magus

I said damn

Y'all hear about the shit with Malcolm X's daughter?

Heard

Better start on that biography

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0345350685/?tag=neogaf0e-20

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I could fucks with some tattoo sleeves provided I designed everything myself.

usually how it works

most (good) artists are more than willing to work with (reasonable) requests and whatnot

check portfolios and do your research before asking some junkie to surprise you

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've never had the urge to get a tattoo. I've never seen, read, or came up with anything I wanted printed on my body forever.

usually how it works

most (good) artists are more than willing to work with (reasonable) requests and whatnot

check portfolios and do your research before asking some junkie to surprise you

Yeah please do your research. I've seen people get some crazy shit on their bodies and even infections because of bad artists.

Africanus

I read The Autobiography of Malcolm X back in ninth grade and it was what really got me into looking further into civil rights movements and black culture and all of that. Eye-opening stuff. I also had to research "terrorism" in the 1960s, so I ended up learning a lot about the Black Panthers, Weather Underground, etc.

Malcolm X looked baller as shit, too. I can only hope that if my boyfriend and I have a kid, his reese's cup ass comes out looking that sharp.

An interesting story! And yes indeed, he was a quite fashionable and handsome man, my history room has a nice picture of him with the fist up and "By any means neccessary" by it.

Will do as soon as possible. Thanks for the reccommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom