• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

According to some folk, BCT is the worst community thread and its 90% white people looking for "black cred"

am...am I one of those folk?

4nQ5zGw.png

I post here because I like it. Don't agree with everything that's said all the time, but its pretty chill.

bVtgVOv.png

eh, not really snitching. I have just spoken to some folk and that's what they think. Other forums too, but as I said whatever. Seems like they lurk BCT a lot, so that was just my response.

I know that 10-15 member sub forum of a forum based around complaining 24/7 about being banned from this forum about playing video games that they've given up a lot of time playing to maintain that forum shares this opinion, but you need to realize that this is just a way to insult the members and black people in general.

Just think about that statement for a minute, 90% of the members are white people pretending to be black. Their sole "proof" of this being a handful of white members like Besada, Mumei, and Devo participating in this thread in addition to accusing members like Angelus of being white along with being confused with how multi ethnic backgrounds work (the intelligence and lack of self respect of joining a forum like that in response to being banned from an internet forum for playing video games being low anyway). They always seem to "conveniently" ignore our own self census collections though, whether it be our first time poster questionnaire or JC's skin color chart.

But the other thing is, why is it so easy to entertaining a silly comment like that? If I said 90% of GAF was black or 90% of GAF was female, I'd be laughed off of GAF and the internet. But because it's a "black thread" it's still easy to say and get away with because "Black people? On the internet? Black people don't use computers they use guns!".

But the reality is most of these people were banned because of lack of understanding of how to socially interact with people of other ethnic backgrounds, sexualities, different gender than their own, so it's not a surprise that they want to lurk, spread rumors, and overall confusion about how black members can possibly interact with white members. They hold "us" responsible for ruining their lives (GAF).

...Assuming that's who you're talking about. If not, feel free to pass that along in response next time, minus the sub forum with no life part.

DominoKid

I don't disagree. I remember (loosely) a while back some actress talked about niggas in paris and people got mad. But they called the damn song niggas in paris I can't be angry they sould have come up with a better name.

iirc Hov wanted to call it Ball So Hard put Ye went for Niggas In Paris because thats what it is. Great decision imo

Hov ultimately won though. Kanye wanted a deeper album while Jay wanted radio friendly album. No ID tried his best to get the kind of album Ye wanted. We got a decent compromise, but man...what could have been. T_T

I know that 10-15 member sub forum of a forum based around complaining 24/7 about being banned from this forum about playing video games that they've given up a lot of time playing to maintain that forum shares this opinion, but you need to realize that this is just a way to insult the members and black people in general.

Just think about that statement for a minute, 90% of the members are white people pretending to be black. Their sole "proof" of this being a handful of white members like Besada, Mumei, and Devo participating in this thread in addition to accusing members like Angelus of being white along with being confused with how multi ethnic backgrounds work (the intelligence and lack of self respect of joining a forum like that in response to being banned from an internet forum for playing video games being low anyway). They always seem to "conveniently" ignore our own self census collections though, whether it be our first time poster questionnaire or JC's skin color chart.

But the other thing is, why is it so easy to entertaining a silly comment like that? If I said 90% of GAF was black or 90% of GAF was female, I'd be laughed off of GAF and the internet. But because it's a "black thread" it's still easy to say and get away with because "Black people? On the internet? Black people don't use computers they use guns!".

But the reality is most of these people were banned because of lack of understanding of how to socially interact with people of other ethnic backgrounds, sexualities, different gender than their own, so it's not a surprise that they want to lurk, spread rumors, and overall confusion about how black members can possibly interact with white members. They hold "us" responsible for ruining their lives (GAF).

...Assuming that's who you're talking about. If not, feel free to pass that along in response next time, minus the sub forum with no life part.

They can't make up their minds about me. Sometimes I'm a militant black woman from some random place in Europe, other days I'm a white kid from Oregon, one time I was apparently a "lesbian muslim wetback nigger" (I kid you not). But in all situations I'm reverse racist as fuck lol.

All of it humorous.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
real shit though - i'm soft pissed off about angelus being more hated than me these days

i don't think he worked as hard as i did

yal mustve forgot

edit: ^I'm loving this terra formars fukkery theme we got going on. more people need to hop on board this ain't shit train

real shit though - i'm soft pissed off about angelus being more hated than me these days

yal mustve forgot

edit: ^I'm loving this terra formars fukkery theme we got going on. more people need to hop on board this ain't shit train

It's because I'm quicker to insult people's perceived intelligence, you're all nice and shit. And I did "pull a Mumei" in which many people were not happy with.

Slayven

yal mustve forgot

Riggs never forget.

JeanGrey

I'm not surprised the incident that's most likely accidental gets an indictment but Eric Garner killer gets a nope
Absolutely an actual accidential death gets a conviction whilst premeditated murderers get off. Don't get me wrong this guy was an idiot opening a door with a loaded gun in his hand.

I've played around with Unity and Game maker and the only thing I can advise I'd try everything and find what works for you.
What type of game do you want to make?

Equal-footing starts arena shooter with a basic class system. Gameplay is Halo CE/H5G meets Metroid Prime meets Mirror's Edge. Sandbox roles are very CE/5G with dedicated purposes and tiers, and generally speaking the foundation is similar to how H5G played sans Sprint and all the Abilities save for Thruster. In-game Thruster is very similar to Prime's dash / juke mechanic and the class variety resembles that of Prime Hunters'. Double jump feels hella Prime, too. Overall minimal aesthetic similar to Mirror's Edge / CE, and a tight-knit but very rewarding CQC system / map movement options strongly resemble Mirror's Edge or Escape From Butcher Bay.

EDIT: I honestly might go back to Halo Custom Edition to work out a rough draft, but iirc the weapon functionality in PLC (my game) is a little too alien for the engine to handle. I have tightened mechanics up, though, so who knows.

Come again?

Everyone starts out with the same equipment - a magnum pistol, a "stun rifle" and grenades. The actual class differences on spawn are primarily hitboxes for balance reasons, and each class has a basic ground-in perk that affects a sandbox element. Class A can throw grenades farther and in a cleaner arc, Class B's melee hitboxes can affect multiple targets (think those sword swipes / kicks Elite Zealots could do in higher difficulties on Reach), C's allows them to throw grenades / melee without interrupting firing their weapon, and Class D's is related to movement but I haven't explicitly defined it yet - it may be as simple as a floatier jump. So there are infinitesimal differences on spawn, but "ground-in perks" notwithstanding everyone can use the same tools. The differences in class come in with Patron Weapons. Every weapon excluding starting weapons has a Patron Bonus or alt-fire mode that particular classes can use; for example, the samurai Van Helsing class gets a patron bonus on a crossbow that makes it ignore shields, meaning it's an instant kill on headshots, but the arrows aren't hitscan and have a considerable arc. The Protean class (designed to be highly adaptable and force "pivots" turning the tides back to your team's favor) has a Patron Bonus on a beam weapon, allowing the Protean to consistently bank shots off walls and generally fuck over objective holders / campers.

The size of the classes are also kept in mind with regards to balance - the two classes that have the high-yield grenade launcher and the game's rocket launcher as Patron Weapons are substantially larger than the rest of the cast so they can't just juke every shot and continue to blow enemies to smithereens. On the flip side, the dedicated Class B / crowd control melee monster fights like a close-quarters Black Panther with a little Miles Morales and waterbender thrown in, and has very fluid, flexible animations that make it hard to pin him down. While he has a Disney's Tarzan sort of build, his thigh plating and helmet / headdress stick out like a sore thumb, making it very easy to hit him if he's on the run or headshot him.

If you guys have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them via PM, but I don't want to bog this thread down with all of my game talk.

I really liked Misfits but yea.. the second the irish dude left the show it went downhill.

Antonia tho

Someone besides me watches misfits? My nigga. That's how I know where Ramsey Bolton got his start (in my eyes). Turning from pedophile looking ass to that shining white knight even Olivia Pope could dream of.

did some digging, prepare for nerdgasm post

So I just found out that the Misfits/Game of Thrones connection is real
Michelle Fairley as Louise (Nathan's mom) and Catelyn Stark
Josef Atlin as Gary
first dude to die
and as Pypar
Nathalie Emmanuel as Charlie and Missandei
Iwan Rheon as Simon and Ramsey Bolton
Gwyneth Keyworth as Marnie and will be playing as
Clea a Volantene courtesan
in the new season of Game of Thrones.

and in reverse

Francis Magee as Yoren and then as Dan, Finn's father no pic of him in this role.

Just fucking wow. There is a lot of connection. I expect to see more

Kreed

yal mustve forgot

You need to update your game for 2015.

1- Start using "totes" in your posts more often.

2- Recommend reading books with no pictures

3- Send random shout outs to Besada and bish for doing a good job.

4- Post in other culture threads to cause confusion to lurkers.

5- Respond to posters you know are "on their way out" with sarcasm, and lots of it.

You need to update your game for 2015.

1- Start using "totes" in your posts more often.

2- Recommend reading books with no pictures

3- Send random shout outs to Besada and bish for doing a good job.

4- Post in other culture threads to cause confusion to lurkers.

5- Respond to posters you know are "on their way out" with sarcasm, and lots of it.

I feel some type of way about this post.

DY_nasty

Yal know my troll style by now. I just don't post enough. Its easy to get random dumbass poster banned just by poking them hard enough. You gotta lure people into the bullshit brush - let them think their argument is valid enough (because they're almost always showing up just to be validated or defensive, one of the two every single time) to convince yourself or others. They'll be too happy to tell you how fucked in the head they are if you're able to drag them in deep enough before people dogpile and they start to get shook.

Racists here are easy. But cooning is coming back in style...

Angelus' "totes" kill me everytime. I feel like they are disrespectful, but I don't know why

I'm pretty sure he's using it ironically to "appropriate" it from white people. Probably flips a switch in diet racist think-tanks that goes something like "wait a second, the only people i know that say 'totes' are white women - oh my god, he's gotten to them, too!"

Man feels good to have the kid getting into cars now. He picked up a K&N air intake system we / I threw in his car yesterday now he looking at a magnaflow exhaust system.

When I asked the kid to hand me a 11/16 in socket he actually knew what I was talking about. *sniff* He starting to make me proud fam.

jmood88

You got some islander in you?
Nah, but I look like it. When I visit my Japanese family in Hawaii, all the Samoans/native Hawaiians think I'm one of them, until I start talking. This one Samoan dude who works with my uncle was shocked when he found out that I was black and Japanese and not a Samoan.

DY_nasty

Nah, but I look like it. When I visit my Japanese family in Hawaii, all the Samoans/native Hawaiians think I'm one of them, until I start talking. This one Samoan dude who works with my uncle was shocked when he found out that I was black and Japanese and not a Samoan.
that's a pretty common problem lol

i don't think anyone can tell black/japanese apart from samoan

Equal-footing starts arena shooter with a basic class system. Gameplay is Halo CE/H5G meets Metroid Prime meets Mirror's Edge. Sandbox roles are very CE/5G with dedicated purposes and tiers, and generally speaking the foundation is similar to how H5G played sans Sprint and all the Abilities save for Thruster. In-game Thruster is very similar to Prime's dash / juke mechanic and the class variety resembles that of Prime Hunters'. Double jump feels hella Prime, too. Overall minimal aesthetic similar to Mirror's Edge / CE, and a tight-knit but very rewarding CQC system / map movement options strongly resemble Mirror's Edge or Escape From Butcher Bay.

EDIT: I honestly might go back to Halo Custom Edition to work out a rough draft, but iirc the weapon functionality in PLC (my game) is a little too alien for the engine to handle. I have tightened mechanics up, though, so who knows.

Sounds cool, I'd give Unity a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom