• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Hello, I'm in here early. Let's talk about cars, fighter jets, just mechanical machines waiting to be enlightened by our future generations.

Writing shit just to write shit is buffoonery.

I was recently thinking about the mechanical ingenuity that has to go into things like the Hubble Telescope or the ISS.

Grand creations, but they can be more. In the near future, they will be.

Caught up on Flash and Agents of Shield. Both those shows have been great.

So its a shame to see that Arrow is still some hot doodoo.

Man, Arrow is just uneven. It's got that hotness. I'd think it's be more forgiving about a property with a dude in a hood.

The Flash has the benefit of super-powers and brand-new metahumans to work with, while Arrow has to fuck around with normal people. That leaves them with people like Deathstroke (done), Deadshot (done), Bronze Tiger (wasted), Komodo (wasted), Cupid (why?), and Katana (what?). They're better off mining other low-powered properties, like The Question, the Blackhawks, and Azrael. Characters like Lady Shiva would just be mining the same storylines we've already messed with.

I'd get Richard Dragon in there, do the Outsiders War, use Flash super-science to drop in a version of Prometheus, throw some Cheshire at Roy to mess with his life, and put on of the The Questions in the show.

ok, KFC or Popeyes tho

Popeyes.
fried-chicken-o.gif

Cat

You were the main person that greeted me when I first started posting in BCT threads way back though I'm not sure that this is in reference to that. If it is, I have not forgotten. If I came off poorly with that remark, I apologize.

~~~

I don't know how to respond to these petting remarks, so I'll just post this:
NkMPFjL.jpg

J10

Banned
Why did we not think to start posting cats before now? This thread is already a thousand percent better than the last one.

Jacir

I was recently thinking about the mechanical ingenuity that has to go into things like the Hubble Telescope or the ISS.

Grand creations, but they can be more. In the near future, they will be.

Well read this for second. Im from an archipelago in central Africa(Sao Tome & Principe), where on the second island of Principe, the theory of relativity was being experimented by Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington on May 29 1919.

I always wanted to ask my grandparents if they have any stories related that. However theres a language barrier so next time I'm there i will be sure to ask them about it.

Its also weird and amazing that sometimes out of nowhere you encounter an old item, in this case, an old issue of The National Geographic Magazine from May 1946 in a rather random place than my apartment building's laundromat which occasionally has reading stuff on a bookshelf. The issue had a feature story with pictures and all, about the main island of Sao Tome and it mostly about how the country, then a former colony was a "Jewel of the Portuguese Empire" because of mostly European demands for chocolate, coffee and palm oil normally marketed through London. The country was known for having the best cocoa for a long time until production in the New World surpassed the islands exports And there's more of it that I dont mind taking pics of but its a long article.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Well read this for second. Im from an archipelago in central Africa(Sao Tome & Principe), where on the second island of Principe, the theory of relativity was being experimented by Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington on May 29 1919.

I always wanted to ask my grandparents if they have any stories related that. However theres a language barrier so next time I'm there i will to ask them about it.

Its also weird and amazing that sometimes out of nowhere you encounter an old item, in this case, an old issue of The National Geographic Magazine from May 1946 in a rather random place than my apartment building's laundromat which occasionally has reading stuff on a bookshelf. The issue had a feature story with pictures and all, about the main island of Sao Tome and it mostly about how the country, then a former colony was a "Jewel of the Portuguese Empire" because of mostly European demands for chocolate, coffee and palm oil normally marketed through London. The country was known for having the best cocoa for a long time until production in the New World was surpassed. And there's more of it that I dont mind taking pics of but its a long article.
Who knew the palm oil industry would explode bigger than any of those things. I wouldn't have guessed. I agree it's pretty cool coming across old stuff like that, artifacts from the past can be fascinating. It's like a window into another time and place where they had a different perspective on things. I wonder what the people of the future will think of the shit they find saved on Internet archives.

royalan

BCT, WHAT was that anime with the Bad Bitch and the Bad Bitch Nun?

I only saw one episode, but it was awesome. Haven't seen it on Adult Swim since. :(

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
What's y'all game of the year ?

for me it's easily PT.
- legit scared me shitless
- was free
- very atmospheric and creative
- good graphics
- gave a memorable experience and left me wanting more.

the only negative thing I can say about it was that the last puzzle was a little too obscure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom