• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
dope answer

i marathoned the last 8 episodes because i got tired of waiting a week between episodes. fuck. after it was all said and done i just laid in bed and stared at the ceiling for 3 hours. what the fuck is even life
That show just could not let a nigga be happy through a whole episode

Ah wait, FLCL and Samurai Champloo gotta move down to Honorable Mentions, because JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the shit. Can't wait to see how these last fights look

Jacir

Man this brazilian Eva Andressa chick is so so fine. Search her name on facebook. I'm on mobile so I ain't got the nerve to make a link.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That show just could not let a nigga be happy through a whole episode

Ah wait, FLCL and Samurai Champloo gotta move down to Honorable Mentions, because JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the shit. Can't wait to see how these last fights look

casshern is brutal. "oh look yal, casshern met a friend today!" *entire village burned to ground minutes later* *casshern goes into blood rage and kills bandits and survivors alike* *douchelord rival shows up and throws him through a mountain* *douchelord's lover finds a witness and tortures them until casshen lands only to kill them in front of casshern* commercial break

Not loosely. That cat is specifically tying all his works together.

Nah it's loosely. Magic works differently between the two series which is the big give away (Though I think they've retconned most of the differences out and just flat out ignored the less trivial stuff...then they tied together the supernatural in Tsukihime with heroic spirits in Fate). Then you have characters like Aozaki who is several grades above any of the magi in Fate (Again because of the magic differences). Shiki and Shiki (Nanaya) would make quick work of any of the summoned heroes due to their Mystic eyes of death perception and there is nothing anyone in Fate could do to stop it (It would be hilarious to watch Berserker get one shotted). Type Moon has tied them together by saying Fate takes place a year after the events of Tsukihime...but it's pure after thought. Which makes sense because Tsukihime came way before Fate was ever a thing. That and none of the vampires ever mention the Holy Grail war despite the fact it supposedly happens every 60 years. Honestly I think Night of Wallachia/Tatari would be too much for Fate characters.

Also Acrueid's Marble Phantasm > Noble Phantasms.

(It's also the reason why they didn't put Fate characters in any version of MB despite putting in KnK characters).

I remember lurking the Toonami thread while Casshern Sins was first starting and watching people actually get more and more depressed as the show went on.

Unbelievable.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
oh

look at these happy motherfuckers

with dreams and aspirations and shit

i bet they get hugs before they go off to work like fucking lames too

scust

jWILL253

Banned
So, this motherfucker Eren gon' get eaten by a Titan, then he becomes a Titan, and is now fulfilling his goal to kill other Titans by being a Titan, without the show actually explaining how the fuck this dude became a Titan?

Yep. Fuck this show.

So, this motherfucker Eren gon' get eaten by a Titan, then he becomes a Titan, and is now fulfilling his goal to kill other Titans by being a Titan, without the show actually explaining how the fuck this dude became a Titan?

Yep. Fuck this show.

They kind of explain it in the manga I think.

jWILL253

Banned
They kind of explain it in the manga I think.

Kind of?

See, this is my problem with most of the shit coming out of Japan right now. In all these mangas, anime, and games, they just put all these bullshit twists in the story without bothering to explain any of it, and I'm supposed to either follow up on the outside lore, or just go with the flow. Speaking of which, there is no flow! It's just "Here's Eren. Here's a bunch of build-up to him being great. BOOM, he's dead now. Here's more build-up to everyone else losing hope. BOOM, this nigga Eren is a Titan now!"

Kind of?

See, this is my problem with most of the shit coming out of Japan right now. In all these mangas, anime, and games, they just put all these bullshit twists in the story without bothering to explain any of it, and I'm supposed to either follow up on the outside lore, or just go with the flow. Speaking of which, there is no flow! It's just "Here's Eren. Here's a bunch of build-up to him being great. BOOM, he's dead now. Here's more build-up to everyone else losing hope. BOOM, this nigga Eren is a Titan now!"

Well I said kinda because I wasn't sure. I stopped reading it around the time Eren gets captured.

TheOGB

Banned
It wasn't until my second time watching through, but there was definitely a point where I had enough of AoT's shit. Eren sucks and Mikasa should have been the main character after he got eaten. But she really needs to get over that dude. Beyond that, the twists and turns and DRAMA got to be pretty stupid, and not in a fun way.

Crocodile

Attack on Titan = LOST for better or worse. That's all you need to know

On a side note, how many people who frequent this thread live in NYC?

I remember lurking the Toonami thread while Casshern Sins was first starting and watching people actually get more and more depressed as the show went on.

Unbelievable.

Yep. T'was good times. The RAGE (deserved to be fair) over SAO was pretty funny too :)

ReiGun

casshern is brutal. "oh look yal, casshern met a friend today!" *entire village burned to ground minutes later* *casshern goes into blood rage and kills bandits and survivors alike* *douchelord rival shows up and throws him through a mountain* *douchelord's lover finds a witness and tortures them until casshen lands only to kill them in front of casshern* commercial break
Lyuze tho.

:,(

Kreed

Kind of?

It was recently fully explained how he became a Titan. You're supposed to be "ok" with the hints they give you in the form of sporadic flashbacks from Eren's life for a long time though. The thing about the series is it keeps throwing secret after secret. So by the time you find out, there's like 20 other mysteries you're waiting to figure out, and the series only gives you like 1 answer a chapter while adding like 3 new ones.

you'd think a bullshit game like Hearthstone would be kind to it's whales, guy bought $70 in packs and got 3 legendaries and 2 of them were the same card

Jacir

OK I have a question for the fellas. Do you sometimes get the feeling when you absolutely or just minimally adore a woman that its because she almost mirrors your mother's complexion, caress, love, and other things that make you feel a certain way? I'm not sure if this makes. Like for example, my moms is light pale skin black, and even tho I only had one chick who closely resembled her... well long story short...that chick gave me an experience I will never forget. I get the feeling there some type of connection. Anyone understand this phenomenon?

OK I have a question for the fellas. Do you sometimes get the feeling when you absolutely or just minimally adore a woman that its because she almost mirrors your mother's complexion, caress, love, and other things that make you feel a certain way? I'm not sure if this makes. Like for example, my moms is light pale skin black, and even tho I only had one chick who closely resembled her... well long story short...that chick gave me an experience I will never forget. I get the feeling there some type of connection. Anyone understand this phenomenon?

And after I called you good people too... SMH.

Jacir

Should I say that these hoes ain't loyal or something? Being single is the best right now.
Or its just too late in the night for this shit?

J10

Banned
Hello, I'm in here early. Let's talk about cars, fighter jets, just mechanical machines waiting to be enlightened by our future generations.

Writing shit just to write shit is buffoonery.

Guys, Swat Kats is great. I was always more of a digimon fan than Pokemon fan because it felt less childish and delt with more deeper topics.

If I'm understanding this correctly, is that shes a tree branch. For sure I prefer my lady thick like a tree trunk. That comparison might be corny lol.

Should I say that these hoes ain't loyal or something? Being single is the best right now.
Or its just too late in the night for this shit?

dHvZtjB.png

TheOGB

Banned
What don't give me that look Cosby. I'm losing my black points aren't I, right? If so should post some wonderful black women to redeem myself? Or should I actually just sleep the rest of the night
If you can't sleep try reading a book
tumblr_lktj9qzicA1qghmgr.jpg

I know I need to take my ass to sleep...

Jacir

Well I'm taking my ass to sleep if I can. I did drink plenty of beer last night. Im uppity n pretty tired tho . I need to rejuvenate my mind. Hoplefuly I dont throw up. And fuck that book.

Jacir

Is this how it is during nighttimes? I guess most folks is on the east coast waking up right now.

I'm so bored. Semester is over for me. Don't feel like playing shit. Idk what to do.

That was asking for trouble.

blame Demi for even telling me about Madlax and trying to find it and clicking on something similar. I was 1 1/2 minutes into Najica and knew it was panty shot city. It refused to go longer then 35 seconds without a panty shot

i'm in Central and up at night as it's only 5am

Jacir

I watched high school of the dead anime last week to see whats up with it. Its fun and ridiculous. I havnt been upto date by any measure with manga, anime, and cartoons in general for a couple of years lately. So when you guys talk about this stuff, it just goes over my head.

I don't think I'm gonna be sleeping soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom