• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the link the thread I linkg and the affidavit

Then start the ethering of Angelus

k5mJIkH.png

smh.... not only did he posses that horrible material, he had the nerve to brag about it on FB.

Slayven

Dude in the video looking like Riley from Boondocks with that skirt and makeup and the hardcore attitude

I stopped at "hustle" and laughed quite heartily..thank you, Sir Slayven..
Korean Boy Bands try so hard, you just want to say "Awwwww"
why did you just subject me to this

Trill needed to be recognized.

Hit you with nu-jitsu flow so cold you thinking the flu hit you

Damn when has Lupe had a bar that hot?

MormaPope

Banned
I have a theory.

Gaming has run out of games to complain about and are literally throwing whatever to the wall to see if it sticks.

There are also no exclusives to perform fellatio on for a while, so during this dry spell forced humor and memes will carry people until the next big thing.

ReiGun

I feel like the general gaming community hasn't actually enjoyed games in like two years. Almost everything that comes out is this massive disappointment.

MormaPope

Banned
The next big thing…whose online component is busted for like 3 months and shit.

I think its an addiction that some Gaffers have, they NEED the newest releases that people talk about so then they can talk about it as well. Every game is its own club, and everyone wants in. So glad I sticked with hardware a lot of Gaffers call ancient and dookified. Played on a friend's Xbox One, shit was not that hot.

I think its an addiction that some Gaffers have, they NEED the newest releases that people talk about so then they can talk about it as well. Every game is its own club, and everyone wants in. So glad I sticked with hardware a lot of Gaffers call ancient and dookified. Played on a friend's Xbox One, shit was not that hot.

Can't argue that. I have yet to see anything on PS4/XBO worth buying those machines for. I'm quite fine with my Steam backlog and F2P games.

I can't speak on J Stars but Pirate Warriors 2 is the best Musou since Orochi

I just can't get into Musou games, you'd think I could given that I like Diablo, POE, Marvel Heroes, etc. But Musou games are a struggle for me.

Village

Rewacthing GOTG

Its weird watching the comic movies when you know some of the plot future plot points already

" we the nova corp"

PFffta HAhAHA, wooo that ain't gonna matter soon

Silky

Banned
I feel like the general gaming community hasn't actually enjoyed games in like two years. Almost everything that comes out is this massive disappointment.

People have ridiculous expectations for games and refuse to broaden their horizons instead of copping themselves in AAA hellholes. Too much loyalty for devs/pubs who don't give a shit about you. Crazy japanese game fans who swear up and down that such and such Japanese director is the GOAT and everything h/she makes is solid gold.

I'm optimistic for everything, and my most hyped game of this year turned out to be fucking awesome. That's good enough for me.

MormaPope

Banned
When it comes to comics as an outsider, hearing about really cool shit makes me want to read comics. Then comic book movies come out, and then none of them have the sorta shit I read about. Haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, but from the looks of it, it looks like a fun movie that doesn't try to wring the comic book juices out to appease the majority of people.

People have ridiculous expectations for games and refuse to broaden their horizons instead of copping themselves in AAA hellholes. Too much loyalty for devs/pubs who don't give a shit about you. Crazy japanese game fans who swear up and down that such and such Japanese director is the GOAT and everything h/she makes is solid gold.

I'm optimistic for everything, and my most hyped game of this year turned out to be fucking awesome. That's good enough for me.

Yup. Another problem is people won't even read. Seriously, reading up on a game that multiple people have randomly talked about is treated like a complex murder mystery. Some of my favorite games last gen are ranked as middling pieces of garbage on metacritic.

Village

When it comes to comics as an outsider, hearing about really cool shit makes me want to read comics. Then comic book movies come out, and then none of them have the sorta shit I read about. Haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, but from the looks of it, it looks like a fun movie that doesn't try to wring the comic book juices out to appease the majority of people.

Its easy to swallow, because they made a very ... traditional team kind of things. Just with very unique characters, star wars esque in many places. But they slip a lot of stuff in thats set up for later, that normal audiences get when they need to and extra stuff like for comic fans. It being in space about cosmic marvel in a weird way doesn't really need to be trimmed down too much, because if people don't understand it, they can explain it away as space shit.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

So much truth. Thank you Silky.

ReiGun

True. I'm not going to give people shit for being fans, but the expectations have gotten out of control since last gen. And like you said, it doesn't help that most people don't care about anything that's in the indies or the mid tier.

I just can't understand continuing to follow after the AAA scene after it's burned folks so many times.

MormaPope

Banned
True. I'm not going to give people shit for being fans, but the expectations have gotten out of control since last gen. And like you said, it doesn't help that most people don't care about anything that's in the indies or the mid tier.

I just can't understand continuing to follow after the AAA scene after it's burned folks so many times.

Its easier to talk about and be "passionate" about something if its new for everybody. Why talk about game design in ways that require extra brain juice when you can rattle of your newest opinion willy nilly with a hundred other dudes?

Shit isn't always the cynical though, there are a lot of posters that post and talk about stuff with passion, with thought. But it would be naive to say that a lot of posters don't treat these forums as a internet highschool.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
It's perfectly understandable that people have their concerns about the games they want to play but I feel like there's got to be a point when you step back and ask yourself, what the hell am I doing? Why does there have to be so much criticism and debate over something you enjoy as a hobby?

It's pretty sad. I'm picky about my games too but even I can stop and allow myself to enjoy something. If your hobby gets you so worked up that you can't have fun anymore, you should consider something else. You deserve better than to be miserable over things you have little control over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom