• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I think after New year's, I'll be letting go of the online stuff. It's got nothing to do with anyone. It is a decision I'm making to put my focus and energy elsewhere. And it feels like the right thing to do.

It's better to make a clean, hard break when you make a significant decision, if you can help it. Putting it off to a future is generally a bad idea, and sets the stage for delays and reneges. That's why New Year resolutions are largely failures. When conviction animates you, don't let that energy lay inert, y'know?

I'm happy for you ishi. Realizing our potential and doing better for ourselves is critical, and the effort put in to such a goal is just as important. Good luck to you, and much respect from me.

andthebeatgoeson

NO I CAN'T BECAUSE PHILLY NIGGAS AIN'T SHIT.

You gotta understand...I think by now I've given enough indication for y'all to know that Roy knows dick. So when I tell you that the dick was too bomb...you gotta believe me. The dick was TOO bomb.

God, it's not gonna be easy to replace...
What, he dyed colored in the beard and the pubes?
He already knew the dick was too bomb. You were fucking him casually for 7 years.

Sounds like you're stressing for nothing.
Yeah, when you swinging, you know. Cats in baseball know it's a home run by the sound. I used to laugh at girls trying to fake it. You know by the sound. You probably tipped him off by the way you breath around him.

hypernima

Banned
Roy's story about some good ol dick

Damn man, can't ever tell em it's that good. But hey, there's always the next frontier amigo.

After next semester, I'm going to be graduating. And this makes me consider something that would be pretty sad but also possibly a step I really need to make, so I'm having mixed feelings...

I think after New year's, I'll be letting go of the online stuff. It's got nothing to do with anyone. It is a decision I'm making to put my focus and energy elsewhere. And it feels like the right thing to do.

We ain't really interact but safe travels Ursa.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
It's not really my New year's resolution (I don't care for those haha). I've kinda been pulling away from the online life for a while now, but I think by New year's I'll be prepared but it will absolutely be before I start my last semester of school (Jan. 7). With each day, it's becoming easier to stay offline. I've been spending more time with family, playing with my pets more, cooking my ass off (I have a love hate relationship with the kitchen UGH!) and even have more energy.

But I'm not gonna leave today or tomorrow or the end of the week. I noticed some of you say you couldn't spend your Christmas with family and I wanted to be here for you guys. No one should feel lonely on Christmas. So, I'll be here and some time after to be supportive.

Kraftwerk

Stacey Hash

http://i.imgur.com/j2QbRot.png
http://i.imgur.com/dLzbyXr.png

nsfw

n6DZ7.png

It's not really my New year's resolution (I don't care for those haha). I've kinda been pulling away from the online life for a while now, but I think by New year's I'll be prepared but it will absolutely be before I start my last semester of school (Jan. 7). With each day, it's becoming easier to stay offline. I've been spending more time with family, playing with my pets more, cooking my ass off (I have a love hate relationship with the kitchen UGH!) and even have more energy.

But I'm not gonna leave today or tomorrow or the end of the week. I noticed some of you say you couldn't spend your Christmas with family and I wanted to be here for you guys. No one should feel lonely on Christmas. So, I'll be here and some time after to be supportive.

Better than we deserve...

Don't lose this niceness about you.

If you cats are going to be around, we can do a Google Hangout or Skype laughathon or some shit. Christmas day that is.

you can admit it. you're running away from Slay and Stro

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's not the bear jokes lol those are funny. It's just a decision I'm making to chase a goal. I noticed a lot of things about myself over the year I've been on here and the changes that have come to my life have made me realize how important it is to live to the fullest and realize my potential.

This isn't the only thing I'm letting go of. And GAF isn't why I'm doing this. It's got more to do with my newfound confidence.

That's awesome, ishi. Best of luck.

To provide some background, this year, I've gained a lot of leverage to become more independent, lost my beloved pet turtle, and have pushed myself to accomplish things that I wouldn't have ever dared to a year ago. Through all my suffering, the highs and lows, I feel like I'm tons better than who I used to be. So, to continue improving, I've got to let go of some things and embrace others.

I hate to kill the mood but I felt I should say something early instead of dropping a bomb on everyone New year's eve. I'm gonna stick around through Christmas with you guys cuz we're fam but after that, ishi won't be a cub anymore.

I'm gonna miss me a sistah 😭

D'Angelo Satch better step up man, my girl Avon ishi is going to the pin :(

ReiGun

I feel like some people really want us to go to war with NK over The Interview. Like, is a Seth Rogan comedy really the hill we wanna die on?

akira28

Mexican't, Minoritry, American.

Are whites the ethic minoritry in UK?
- liam d

I don't mean in numbers, even if that's the case, but more tangibly, the erosion of our birth right in our own country. This is not a slight against those who exploit this situation, but is focused against the "powers that be" that have orchetrated this to our detriment.

I feel like some people really want us to go to war with NK over The Interview. Like, is a Seth Rogan comedy really the hill we wanna die on?

I can't bring myself to give two fucks about that movie. People say dumb shit like nuke NK and forget the country isn't composed solely of Kim Jong Un's body. I saw this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufhKWfPSQOw

over the weekend and any fucks I had about that movie not getting out were vaporized. If the US is going to do anything they need to help the people (out of a situation the government is at least partially responsible for).

MormaPope

Banned

The funny thing is they don't want to go to war to free the terribly abused and enslaved citizens, they want to go to war because of a run of the mill comedy movie. North Korea is none of our business unless South Korea wants to do something.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i would love these warhawks to strap on a full kit and walk 4 blocks

not 12 miles, like... real soldiers

just 4 blocks

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I don't think people give a shit about Seth Rogen.

It's about not allowing agents of a foreign government to use electronic attacks and threats of violence to essentially keep Americans from saying things that they don't like.

Should we go to war over it? Nope. But let's not act like this is just about the "immense" hype levels behind The Interview.

MormaPope

Banned
i would love these warhawks to strap on a full kit and walk 4 blocks

not 12 miles, like... real soldiers

just 4 blocks

Its easy to be a war mongerer if you never read about any aspect of military life, watch any documentaries, read any books, or actually enlisted. I've never been in the military, but I've read a lot about it. I'll never call for war unless I'd be willing to fight, even then I can't, due to a medical condition.

Plus my will to fight amounts to defending my own home or city.

It's about not allowing agents of a foreign government to use electronic attacks and threats of violence to essentially keep Americans from saying things that they don't like.

Should we go to war over it? Nope. But let's not act like this is just about the "immense" hype levels behind The Interview.

Sony wasn't forced to do anything though. They made that decision because they didn't want any more sensitive information to get out and they knew they could eat any financial loss from not releasing the movie. They knew there was more embarrassing stuff and covered their asses, which ultimately doesn't even matter because they hackers have what they need already. If it gets any bigger than just leaking emails, then the government will step in but Sony CHOSE to give in.

MormaPope

Banned
Sony wasn't forced to do anything though. They made that decision because they didn't want any more sensitive information to get out and they knew they could eat any financial loss from not releasing the movie. They knew there was more embarrassing stuff and covered their asses, which ultimately doesn't even matter because they hackers have what they need already. If it gets any bigger than just leaking emails, then the government will step in but Sony CHOSE to give in.

Ultimately, this is true. Sony execs were probably more worried over more dirty laundry being exposed than personal/worker information being leaked. Its naive to think there wouldn't be any dirty laundry, but it was naive of Sony to have its dirty laundry so close to home.

ReiGun

The funny thing is they don't want to go to war to free the terribly abused and enslaved citizens, they want to go to war because of a run of the mill comedy movie. North Korea is none of our business unless South Korea wants to do something.
Really don't. NK is a punchline to folk 90% of the time. Most people have no understanding how horrible it is over there.

Not saying it's only about the movie. No one gave a shit about the movie till Sony decided to pull it. But I see people seriously suggesting war or other extreme measures, I'm thinking we'd be better served to remember what exactly is on the line here. Sony made a call. Our freedom of speech was not taken from us; we'll be able to go back to blissfully insulting other countries with not a care in the world as soon as yesterday. I don't know what exactly people want here from Obama et al beyond telling NK "Yo...not cool bruh." Especially when the government didn't make the call to pull it.

Young Magus

I can't bring myself to give two fucks about that movie. People say dumb shit like nuke NK and forget the country isn't composed solely of Kim Jong Un's body. I saw this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufhKWfPSQOw

over the weekend and any fucks I had about that movie not getting out were vaporized. If the US is going to do anything they need to help the people (out of a situation the government is at least partially responsible for).

Just saw the video, damn, like you I gave less fucks about the film and now I'm wondering what it would take for other nations to help the citizens.

Damn Roy, that's quite the L.

------

Ishi, you will be missed. I never knew how important bear jokes were to me until this very moment.

------

For a number of years now, I've had a "Fuck EA" policy but for some reason I decided to put that aside for Dragon Age Inquisition and boy, I'm glad I did. It is fantastic.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Ishi leaving ? man it's gonna be unbearable around here.

edit: oh we still got the rest of the year but that's bearly enough time for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom