• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif

Ain't shit good this morning..damn it.

Slayven

Oh wow, people responded to my hello. Thanks!
We got home training unlike other threads

Indeed..I put grits in the trash!
Bet you would like them with cats

I'm gonna be honest: I've never even seen grits, let alone eaten them.
They are polenta.
No problem. Most of my posts on GAF are ignored, at least until recently, maybe because I've been posting a little more, bit by bit.

Popeyes.
One of the good ones

See... I like you. You are in tune with your inner kitten. Unlike some poster who refuses to admit he's part of the Equidae family.
And you are in tune with your inner K-on

Jacir

I am my worst enemy. Not even close to become asleep after last nights heavy drinking. I know theres too much in my system right now. Awaiting the knockout that will come eventually.

It does eventually get explained why Eren can become a Titan. Happens around the middle of season one in the anime, not sure about the manga.

Jacir

Anyone remember the animated movie called An American Tail:Fievel Goes West? I just recently figured out what it even was called cuz it was a long time this came out. I watched it as a kid, didn't know what it was about, just thought it looked fun. However, a recent viewing made me understand the deeper meaning behind it. Ultimately a story about those who immigrate or flee to america for whatever reason, be it war, crime, persecution of any kind, and corruption just to eventually realize that america had the same problems. Other than that, man they don't make these animated films like this one anymore. I don't know how they included some parts in it. Another golden age needs to come before the end of the decade comes before I become apathetic to the industry.

Jacir

I hated that mouse and his singing..that, and the Land Before Time. They just bring the hate out of me..

I expect that all kids who watched it didnt care to know that the mouse families resembled Jews. I think that's what the director had inspiration from. I may need to check the wiki for that one tho.

How can you hate Land Before Time? Land Before Time 14 sure, but the OG?

By the way don't google anything about he actors in the movie. It will sadden you.

The original Land Before Time is still a masterpiece. It was surprisingly accurate on actual dinosaur anatomy (for its time), too.

But yeah, the Land Before Time actors are basically the Kennedys on steroids.

Land Before Time was the shit. Little Foot and Sharp Tooth and the toys I think Pizza Hut was giving out.

Damn why am I up?

Terraformars is the shit.

Kreed

They should do a American Tail remake for modern times like:

An American Tail: Janjak Mumumbo Floats North or An American Tail: Rodriguez Crosses The Line.

They'd be straight to digital releases, but still.

cat pls

the fact that you, jado, ishi, and royalan post in the bct regularly or even at all is awesome to me

i'd gladly trade 20 subzeros and dreamdrops

Now I'm wondering if there's an exchange rate for users

50 Slayvens = 1 Mumei
2 1/2 Moris = 1 Dreams-Visions

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Land Before Time was the shit. Little Foot and Sharp Tooth and the toys I think Pizza Hut was giving out.

Damn why am I up?

Terraformars is the shit.

Terra Formars is entertaining as fuck. I look for every reason to hate that show and for some reason I just fucking can't.

Yes..L is the first letter in Land Before Time..good point!
I expect that all kids who watched it didnt care to know that the mouse families resembled Jews. I think that's what the director had inspiration from. I may need to check the wiki for that one tho.
I felt it was pretty obvious they were Jewish immigrants. Also, Spielberg movie..
How can you hate Land Before Time? Land Before Time 14 sure, but the OG?
I dunno. They just annoyed me, I guess. Then, you get these people that want to rewind and watch 30 fucking times a week..nah, man. Ain't happening. Give me Transformers The Movie any day..

Jacir

I have to say I don't remember anything about that dinosaur movie. I came here in the mid 90s and stuff from that era is either nostalgia, mesmerizing, or forgettable because of my English at the time. Any recommendations for the absolutely necessary things to watch especially anything culturally appreciated or whatever. Like I have snippets of dede's kids in my mind. I don't mind seeing the bad shit too.

Can't resist an anime list

1. Tenchi Muyo OVAs
2. FLCL
3. The 08th MS Team
4. Card Captor Sakura
5. Slayers

Honorable Mentions
Koi Kaze, before the theme was otakubait
DBZ, YuYu Hakusho, One Piece before the anime caught up to the manga
Mitsudomoe, Working, Arakawa Under The Bridge, Love Lab, Binbougami ga, FMP Fumoffu, comedy really just needs its own list

top five is hard, i'm missing so much but lurkers should lurk

Kind of?

See, this is my problem with most of the shit coming out of Japan right now. In all these mangas, anime, and games, they just put all these bullshit twists in the story without bothering to explain any of it, and I'm supposed to either follow up on the outside lore, or just go with the flow. Speaking of which, there is no flow! It's just "Here's Eren. Here's a bunch of build-up to him being great. BOOM, he's dead now. Here's more build-up to everyone else losing hope. BOOM, this nigga Eren is a Titan now!"

Japanese storytelling is more willing to drag explanations out or completely forget to explain them.

SAO was garbage. SAO is garbage. SAO will always be garbage.

SAO was hotness for... 3-4 episodes.

I can't get into any of those MMO premised animes.

Log Horizon is legit.

I have to say I don't remember anything about that dinosaur movie. I came here in the mid 90s and stuff from that era is either nostalgia, mesmerizing, or forgettable because of my English at the time. Any recommendations for the absolutely necessary things to watch especially anything culturally appreciated or whatever. Like I have snippets of dede's kids in my mind. I don't mind seeing the bad shit too.
Bébé's Kids..unless I missed this dede along the way.

As always, I'm late, but I sleep like normal people

FMA Brotherhood
Mitchiko to Hatchin
Umeniko: When They Cry
Psycho Pass
Cowboy Bebop

Honorable Mention
Samurai Champloo
Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Zanjyou no Terror
Excel Saga
Angelic Layer

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Japanese storytelling is more willing to drag explanations out or completely forget to explain them.

SAO was hotness for... 3-4 episodes.

Log Horizon is legit.
AoT has about the same level of storytelling as a 80s action movie. Its why its terrible and awesome.

Can't hold the whole country to that kind of shit though.

And SAO was just the perfect swerve. Everyone got caught.

RP912

Banned
I'm not a anime nut but here's my list:

1. Samurai Champloo
2. Afro Samurai

fuck I really need to step up my anime watching game :/

oh snap I almost missed anime talk? im in thur

TOP 5:

Death Note
Monster
Samurai Champloo
One Piece
Dragonball Z

Honourable Mentions:
Afro Samurai
Claymore
Hunter X Hunter
FMA (never finished Brotherhood because the file got messed up :( )
Kuroko No Basket
Hajime No Ippo

royalan

Good morning, BCT.

Nicki Minaj recently released photos for an erotic calendar she's making.

The links should be easy enough to find.

Now don't say I never do nothin nice for y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom