• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
moms up in the kitchen cooking to hardcore 90's hiphop.

I don't even.... looking like
BLAndvC.png
I got them yams playboi.

royalan

Traditionally, right after New Year's is the meal I look forward to the most...

Because that's when all the women in my family make gumbo...

Slayven

We grilling tomorrow. And making some BBQ

Yes I made one. 7 replies maybe.

Retro FPS's get no love but people be in a 16th anniversary megaman thread circlejerking.

I don't understand the world.

People don't love Megaman, they love the Idea of Megaman

G-Fex

welp some of my present for myself came in the mail today. Based postal service.

Good times,fried chicken and soda and free time to do..I don't know. Something? :(
We grilling tomorrow. And making some BBQ

People don't love Megaman, they love the Idea of Megaman

I'm not sure I follow.

Malyse

welp some of my present for myself came in the mail today. Based postal service.

Good times,fried chicken and soda and free time to do..I don't know. Something? :(

I'm not sure I follow.

People like the concept of MM games, but they don't sell nearly as much as people fuss about them. Else the series wouldn't be stalled.

Slayven

I'm not sure I follow.

People fend for a game, but when it drops, it goes double wood maybe.

Going by the internet Bayonetta 1 and 2 should be 13 millon LTD

Malyse

A lot of my family still falls along those stereotypical gender role lines, I'll admit. Won't always be this way.

Although it's funny, as much as the women dominate the kitchens in my family, a lot of the grilling is done by the men. Never understood that.

Grilling is manly.

A lot of my family still falls along those stereotypical gender role lines, I'll admit. Won't always be this way.

Although it's funny, as much as the women dominate the kitchens in my family, a lot of the grilling is done by the men. Never understood that.

Sounds like the shit portrayed on TV to me. You don't see a bunch of those grill commercials with a husky middle-aged white man wearing an apron cooking a burger or a hotdog on a grill?

People fend for a game, but when it drops, it goes double wood maybe.

Going by the internet Bayonetta 1 and 2 should be 13 million LTD

Maybe people like us make up the minority in game sales?

royalan

Sounds like the shit portrayed on TV to me. You don't see a bunch of those grill commercials with a husky middle-aged white man wearing an apron cooking a burger or a hotdog on a grill?

Well yeah, but I still don't understand how grilling became this big manly thing, while regular cooking was seen as being for women.

Especially if you see how finicky my one uncle gets over the meat from the time he buys it, to the moment it's placed on your plate.

Slayven

There is a good segment of folks that love to talk about games rather than play them or buy them.

akira28

People like the concept of MM games, but they don't sell nearly as much as people fuss about them. Else the series wouldn't be stalled.

Nah, I love Megaman, but couldn't be arsed to play the MM9 for XBox Live I bought. Shit was too Nintendo hard and I wasn't 12 anymore. I love MegaMan Legends, and I'm even replaying it on my tablet now, but the formula needs work. Serious retooling. The Megaman Data games for handheld didn't do much for me, either.

I mean, how many fucking Mega Man side scrolling platformer beat the level boss games can they keep putting out, with minor additions? Exactly 18, and they've sucked that well dry a this point. They're just too afraid to try new shit with their IP, and that's a shame.

Hell no I don't want more of the same. No MM fan does.

DominoKid

Well yeah, but I still don't understand how grilling became this big manly thing, while regular cooking was seen as being for women.

Especially if you see how finicky my one uncle gets over the meat from the time he buys it, to the moment it's placed on your plate.

cause grilling kicks the shit out of kitchen cooking and you get to do it outdoors

grilled meats
YlVGJ.png

grilled vegetables
n6DZ7.png

smelling like the grill tho
AM71U.png
. actually thats probably why its a guys thing.

RedSwirl

I still need to learn how to grill. Come to think of it, I don't even know why I never have. I like most grilled food, and how hard can it really be? You're just flipping shit over a propane fire right? I just recently learned how to do hot dogs on a stove.

If there are any black women left in this thread, can y'all come help me educate this guy in the weave thread?

Because he seriously thinks I'm insulting this girl by saying her hair has been styled with a little heat, and now he's saying stuff like this:

And I'm running out of ways to explain it.

I put in my two cents. I have no idea, man. As was said multiple times, too much money being made on straightening black women's hair for this kinky thing to not be true.

Anyways, Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanza to BCT. Be safe out there.

Nah, I love Megaman, but couldn't be arsed to play the MM9 for XBox Live I bought. Shit was too Nintendo hard and I wasn't 12 anymore. I love MegaMan Legends, and I'm even replaying it on my tablet now, but the formula needs work. Serious retooling. The Megaman Data games for handheld didn't do much for me, either.

I mean, how many fucking Mega Man side scrolling platformer beat the level boss games can they keep putting out, with minor additions? Exactly 18, and they've sucked that well dry a this point. They're just too afraid to try new shit with their IP, and that's a shame.

I'll take more of the same Battle Network. That's for sure.

jWILL253

Banned
Another Christmas by myself.

I'm glad I'm not a heavy drinker, else I would've went the DD route and drowned myself in E&J while sending replies to myself both in GAF and real life.

For once my fam won't be making tamales for Beefmas. My aunt, uncle, and mom got into a fight, and they're usually the ones who help make the truckload that are usually made.

Y'all...y'all got a plate for me?
fFo9b.png

JohnDoe

Banned

Ay honestly, I went back to MM2 for a bit before MM9 came out and I found MM9 much harder, but in an unfair and bullshit way :/

Malyse

I'm glad I'm not a heavy drinker, else I would've went the DD route and drowned myself in E&J while sending replies to myself both in GAF and real life.
I'm a teetotaler now.
I don't know what to do with all this gin.

I'm personally taking the ignant route and going for a red berry ciroc + pink lemonade combo. Got it for cheap so fuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom