• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, related to that issue I was having rendering sounds using a Genesis soundset yesterday, I figured out a workaround just in time for Christmas! It's not a commercial release or anything, but here's a track off my old album in the style of the Sega Genesis soundchip. The reason I baked this one in particular is because the original track's sound was meant to sound like a modernized take on the Genesis soundset relying on a whole bunch of weird tinny / metallic / punchy sounds.

I had a pretty good haul this Christmas, too. Got a good three boxes of Sumatra k-cups, three bottles of pumpkin spice-flavored coffee syrup, a wireless headset (which oddly works pretty bad with its USB receiver but perfectly on bluetooth), a mouse for my laptop, some workout headphones and a hugeass 12x9" drawing tablet. I was thinking the actual tablet would be 12x9" - the drawing space is 12x9". The actual thing's like 13x13". It's huuuuuge.

also stray thought. Who thinks Adventure Time will pull a Korra when it finally gets off the air? Since they basically have the same problem involving one of their storylines and have to confirm things on twitter/conventions/interviews/etc

Malyse

also stray thought. Who thinks Adventure Time will pull a Korra when it finally gets off the air? Since they basically have the same problem involving one of their storylines and have to confirm things on twitter/conventions/interviews/etc

Olivia said they were dating in a Q&A.

In August of 2014, Marceline's voice actress Olivia Olson told a crowd of fans gathered at a Barnes & Noble book signing from The Adventure Time Encyclopedia, that, according to Ward, Marceline and Princess Bubblegum had dated in the past, but that because the series airs in some areas where homosexual relationships are illegal, the show has not been able to officially make clear the relationship in the series itself
Will unlike Nintendo you still have games to play with the other 2 systems

B5PXs3dIEAAvpYY.jpg:orig

----

Slayven, is Gamora a princess?

G-Fex

Isn't that green chick mostly naked in the comics?

That's pretty ironic, fox made mystique who was clothed with a pretty cool outfit in the comics stark naked, and then Marvel put clothes on the green chick from guardians of the galaxy.

Slayven

What did you expect when you're portrayed by Zoe Saldana?
dfn-colombiana.jpg

She was in a movie carrying a gun bigger than she was

That's pretty ironic, fox made mystique who was clothed with a pretty cool outfit in the comics stark naked, and then Marvel put clothes on the green chick from guardians of the galaxy.

No more than any comic woman.

J10

Banned

Mystique being naked makes sense though. Gamora being half naked is just titillating, but you can see shades of her old outfit in the movie with the chest straps.

Keep in mind Fox is embarrassed by the source material they're adapting, so Mystique's appearance was never gonna be faithful anyway.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
When I heard the casting for Guardians, I thought Saldana was going to be more like she was in Colombiana. Then I watched the movie and they just made her a generic damsel in distress with a few special scenes showcasing how "powerful" she is, except somehow she can't be like that in every other situation in the entire movie.

Slayven

Mystique being naked makes sense though. Gamora being half naked is just titillating, but you can see shades of her old outfit in the movie with the chest straps.

Keep in mind Fox is embarrassed by the source material they're adapting, so Mystique's appearance was never gonna be faithful anyway.

Forever mad

tumblr_ms06326yeW1sc0ffqo4_500.gif

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
When I heard the casting for Guardians, I thought Saldana was going to be more like she was in Colombiana. Then I watched the movie and they just made her a generic damsel in distress with a few special scenes showcasing how "powerful" she is, except somehow she can't be like that in every other situation in the entire movie.

Colombiana was really the only movie she stared in that I liked.

I refuse to accept that. He's coming back.
Apparently there was supposed to be a post-credits scene where he comes back, but that was scrapped.

It's a weird thing with modern movies where nobody wants to be called sexist for having female characters do nothing, but they still wanna have a story about a guy who gets the girl in the end by saving her. So they try to have it both ways and you get "strong" female jobbers as the main love interest.

Malyse

Lmao...but it's true...Where you been? Universities are giving out scholarships for League of Legends and shit now, it's crazy.
To be fair, that dude was fleeing North Korea. It was more of a throw the man a bone than legitimizing e-sports.

(Unless we talk bout some other instance in which case that uni can fuck off)

J10

Banned
I watched a Mirror's Edge speedrun on YouTube a few weeks ago that was kind of entrancing. I might watch stuff like that on TV once in a blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom