• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

"This my lost and found, I make the rules in this bitch! I run shit, I'm the Nino Brown of forgotten umbrellas and scarves!"

"Nah nigga you did not leave a hello kitty hairclip in the car, just because I got one holding my sandwich bag close doesn't mean I stole it"

Merry Christmas BCT. I got the complete James Bind collection now.....yasss

One day you can upgrade to the James Bond collection

Kreed

I'm visiting family and watching a lot of US "Christmas Classics" that I never watched growing up. "A Christmas Story", "It's a Wonderful Life", etc... And I'm noticing all these random racism scenes just sprinkled in among these movies. Black Mammy Nannies, Chinese people singing Christmas songs without the L sounds...some of these movies need to be docked "classic" points.

Moms hooked me up.

Macbook Pro
iPhone 6
Wacom
$1,500

Made me a red velvet cheesecake

I ain't worthy of it all. *chokes up* She's the real MVP

Do you having any siblings?

2014 Forest Hills Drive also broke the record for most album streams on Spotify, being streamed over 15.7 million times in its first week. The previous record holder was One Direction with 11.5 million streams

I don't an appropriate gif on hand

Trey

niggas taking passes at other folks' moms, dudes getting bootleg movie collections.

Truly an Ain't Shit Christmas.

I'm visiting family and watching a lot of US "Christmas Classics" that I never watched growing up. "A Christmas Story", "It's a Wonderful Life", etc... And I'm noticing all these random racism scenes just sprinkled in among these movies. Black Mammy Nannies, Chinese people singing Christmas songs without the L sounds...some of these movies need to be docked "classic" points.

Younger brother in the army currently in Kansas...miserable...making decent money though

Older sister, currently making nearly as much as my mom.

…Then me making the least.

DominoKid

would you say Tom & Jerry should be docked classic points because of the mammy in it? i mean if you would, that's cool. you wrong. but that's cool.

IeRQA6a.gif%20imageanchor=

DominoKid

man why the hell did melo stay w/ the knicks. is the extra money he's making with them really worth giving up any chance at a ring in your career?

Trey

man why the hell did melo stay w/ the knicks. is the extra money he's making with them really worth giving up any chance at a ring in your career?

I read an ESPN article on Melo. It feels to me that's he's resigned to the fact that he won't win any rings, and is trying to build his legacy outside of basketball with more urgency by investing in cigars and tech companies.

Kreed

Younger brother in the army currently in Kansas...miserable...making decent money though

Older sister, currently making nearly as much as my mom.

…Then me making the least.

Just curious, thought you might be an only sibling due to all the gifts and the cake. Did your mom make three cakes?

would you say Tom & Jerry should be docked classic points because of the mammy in it? i mean if you would, that's cool. you wrong. but that's cool.

Not the whole series, but those specific episodes, why not? I don't know about you, but seeing Tom getting his face blown up to look like black face and shit like this...

...just suck all the comedy out of the episodes IMO.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

ask yourself

50 million dollars guaranteed or be the best guy at 2k on your block

jWILL253

Banned
So after playing a little bit, here's my impression of my little pseudo-Christmas gift that I bought for myself, WWE 13.

• My god, is this game ugly. I mean, the entrances and effects are decent, and most of the licensed wrestlers look good. But they look PS2 good, but not really what you would've expected out of the PS3 at the time. It's The Create a Superstar feature where the game looks really bad. Really ugly starting templates, and some of the face morphing sliders don't even work. Also, no matter what the actual size you make your wrestler, you'll most likely end up with a wrestler who's head is disproportionate to his or her body. Most of the clothing templates are hideous and have way too many sharp angles from the low polygon counts. And the hair is some of the worst looking hair I've ever seen in a video game. Thankfully, all this is made up for with most hair styles and some clothing items featuring Havok physics integration.

• The actual in-ring gameplay is a bit up and down. The moves look good, for the most part, but wrestlers move like molasses in the ring, and everything feels clunky and disjointed. For a game that is based on a very contextually-dependant sport, the game lacks plenty of it. Unless you direct the wrestlers in the usual locations, the angles at which wrestlers collide with objects and barriers will feel awkward. Some moves have awkward animation hitches where on specific grapple will morph into a seemingly completely separate launch, which will sometimes have different impacts (or no impact at all) depending on where you're at in the ring. This is especially noticeable when using custom signature moves (which, by the way, leaves a lot to be desired). Reversals feel random. At some moments you'll successfully reverse a move before the indicator even shows up. Most other times, you'll either get a "Too Late", or "Too Early". The game also does a poor job of explaining the controls, as I still don't fucking know how the Breaking Point submission system works. And the AI is atrocious one you start to get comfortable with the controls enough to win. Hell, you have the option of watching CPU matches, and sometimes the wrestlers won't even attack each other and instead just run in circles. However, the game does manage to be entertaining, despite all of that.

• The presentation is atrocious in this game. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler get tiring real quick with their awkward delivery and repetitive lines. Sometimes entrance songs and sound effects don't play when they are supposed to. If you have a custom Superstar or Diva in your stable, the crowd won't react to his or her entrance music, regardless if your CS is a babyface or heel. Speaking of sounds, the audio design in this game is poor. Crowd reactions are disjointed and bland. If you use custom soundtracks for a custom entrance, the music will be much, much lower than the commentary and crowd.

• The servers are down for this game, so I couldn't redeem the online pass that this came with, and all the DLC was removed from download. Herein lies the problem with all forms of DLC.

ask yourself

I mean, people like Slayven take Ls for free. For $50 million dollars, niggas can't tell me nothing.

"Oh, we sorry? I'm sorry, can't hear you my nigga got these $3,000 cans on right now" *blasts off in expensive car to giant mansion and pool of money*

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

DominoKid

ask yourself

seriously though what was on the table for him?

80 mil on the bulls vs 130 mil w/ the knicks (+ lala's media shit) ?

i get it but i really wanted to see him compete for a ring.

wonder how long until feel sacrifices fish.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
seriously though what was on the table for him?

80 mil on the bulls vs 130 mil w/ the knicks (+ lala's media shit) ?

i get it but i really wanted to see him compete for a ring.

you need to bring that shit elsewhere to get properly sonned for that kind of thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom