• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Or maybe some Fox News dirt digging to make sure the Daily Show is devalued in the eyes of liberals after Stewart leaves. They will probably party hard on Stewart's last day because they think that no one else will be picking with them.

The real question is, will Noah ignore the reaction, apologize, fake apologize, or stand up for those bad jokes?

He responded yesterday:

To reduce my views to a handful of jokes that didn’t land is not a true reflection of my character, nor my evolution as a comedian.

https://twitter.com/Trevornoah/status/583019964556152832

Slayven

Stumbled on some k-pop videos while listening to music. Why do their groups roll deeper than Wu-Tang?

They be going in don't they? You would swear the lyrics were about trapping and clapping folks. But you look them up and they are about buying candy for a girl they have a crush on.

Young Magus

Honestly, it looked like they took the dumber parts of both games and combined them.

But then again that trailer wasn't doing the game any favors.

True, I'm thinking its all bait-n-switch tho. They did picked THEE worst parts to show off imo.

a lot of people were expecting more fire emblem.

Folks were expecting that and OG SMT (I-III) type stuff. Soon as the 1st info popped up folks were wanting Demi-fiend and Aleph to command units and shit.

Merc_

The SMT x FE trailer was great for both being funny as hell and bringing out the heat from posters.

Such a beautiful troll.

Furyous

Folks are heated bout that SMTxFE trailer man

What is this trailer that you're talking about?

MV5BMTM4NjEwNjM4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzMzMTA0MDE@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Paige Hurd is rather than striking.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm impressed. He stood up for the bad jokes, with a President Obama "I've evolved" twist. I admit, I'm biased towards the guy, so I'm not rolling my eyes too hard about his 3 year old idiocy. Just smack the guy upside the head and let him tell these jokes. Hopefully good ones.

I think evolution is a good idea to talk about. Years ago, I always said the f word (f***ot). But I've had a better chance to understand its use and hurtfulness. I grabbed dinner with an old college buddy and found myself wincing when he used it. It's good that people change.

But was the jokes 3 years old or 7 or both? I haven't put a ton of time to dig thru the story.

Kreed

I think evolution is a good idea to talk about. Years ago, I always said the f word (f***ot). But I've had a better chance to understand its use and hurtfulness. I grabbed dinner with an old college buddy and found myself wincing when he used it. It's good that people change.

But was the jokes 3 years old or 7 or both? I haven't put a ton of time to dig thru the story.

They were multiple tweets coming from his twitter timeline going back to 2008. Most of the people getting outraged don't realize this though since many of his old tweets are being retweeted by people who want Comedy Central to change their minds.

ReiGun

The whole conversation around this incident with Noah has moved to that place where it's not even about him anymore. It's about the rest of us and how we engage and talk to each other online. Which seems to be where every internet "outrage" leads nowadays. Everyone is more mad at each other than anyone was ever mad at him.

I mean, besides those who are still mad as fuck he got the job in the first place.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The whole conversation around this incident with Noah has moved to that place where it's not even about him anymore. It's about the rest of us and how we engage and talk to each other online. Which seems to be where every internet "outrage" leads nowadays. Everyone is more mad at each other than anyone was ever mad at him.

I mean, besides those who are still mad as fuck he got the job in the first place.

"Internet Outrage" is the worst. People just live to be outraged about things. I always wonder exactly how empty their lives have to be that they spend so much energy to get upset about some crap that doesn't really matter. One thing to keep in mind is the relatively low percentage of adults on twitter. So take the "outrage" with a grain of salt.

Whoever replaced Stewart was going to have a uphill battle. When he announced he was leaving, I was hoping they would consider just shutting the shit down because it wouldn't be fair to anyone taking his place. No one can be a Stewart clone and that is what people think they want. Noah just has to weather the storm and he will be fine. But it's not going to be easy.

With that said, I haven't looked at one episode of the Daily Show.

Village

The reveal showed a lineup of classic characters matched to iconic music from both franchises.

How the fuck did we get from that to whatever the hell this is?

A fusion of concepts instead of just a crossover I would Imagine. In the case of MVC or Smash I would go for the former, but considered what both those games are and how boring that might turn out. I'm totally ok they just decided to make a new thing

A fusion of concepts instead of just a crossover I would Imagine. In the case of MVC or Smash I would go for the former, but considered what both those games are and how boring that might turn out. I'm totally ok they just decided to make a new thing

I just had a moment. When I saw MVC the first thing I thought of was not Marvel vs Cap but rather...Model, View, Controller.

ReiGun

"Internet Outrage" is the worst. People just live to be outraged about things. I always wonder exactly how empty their lives have to be that they spend so much energy to get upset about some crap that doesn't really matter. One thing to keep in mind is the relatively low percentage of adults on twitter. So take the "outrage" with a grain of salt.

Whoever replaced Stewart was going to have a uphill battle. When he announced he was leaving, I was hoping they would consider just shutting the shit down because it wouldn't be fair to anyone taking his place. No one can be a Stewart clone and that is what people think they want. Noah just has to weather the storm and he will be fine. But it's not going to be easy.

With that said, I haven't looked at one episode of the Daily Show.

The thing is, a lot of the time it's not even outrage. Sometimes it's really just folks talking. Sometimes it's just jokes.This idea that every time people on Twitter or wherever decide to all weigh in negatively it's an "outrage," that they all must be mad as THEE fuck instead of maybe just disappointed or amused or slightly discontent or whatever emotion they may be actually feeling is part of why public discourse (at least online) is so shitty right now.

Remember when you guys told me not to simp? Well I simped. She told me to have a good life, not even a hug, lmao. Lesson learnt. Biggest L in my life for sure.

Slayven

I hate the quick dismissal of "outrage culture", I just judge shit on a case by case basis Cause folks argueing about a dress is totes different than some one talking about black people need to fight for them now that black people got theirs..

Remember when you guys told me not to simp? Well I simped. She told me to have a good life, not even a hug, lmao. Lesson learnt. Biggest L in my life for sure.

At least you acknowledge your L. Some cats go into denial mode. "Nah man, she's just going through somethings right now!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom