• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
WKrQmU0.jpg
Seeing the sweat uppercut off this guy is just surreal. His face was dry before he even hit the ground.

It's so entertaining.

Like with Ben Sisko never NOT being a badass.

Or having actual good Ferengi characters (wtf?)

Or like this random moment of a Cardassian tailor telling a cute Starfleet counselor that SHE AIN'T SHIT

Goddamn. I never noticed how beefy Garak got compared to the earlier seasons.

How did this guy:
9673.gif

Become this guy without me noticing?

500px-DS9_-_Bu_1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Slayven

It's so entertaining.

Like with Ben Sisko never NOT being a badass.

Or having actual good Ferengi characters (wtf?)

Or like this random moment of a Cardassian tailor telling a cute Starfleet counselor that SHE AIN'T SHIT

Gurak always had a unique way of telling people they ain't shit.

Rom got the baddest chick on the whole damn station

Young Magus

Bob Sapp.

funny-gif-black-man-oh-yeah.gif

uae2d5a72a450.jpg

Of course, he's a mighty monster of man.

20090525124915_200905250520.jpg

Damn MHW, a single mention of the dude takes me way back.

LOL, for a little bit, I thought you guys were talking about this guy:

Davido-naijarace.jpg

But then I saw the video... Oy vey...

That vid is.........something else alright. Still haven't taken a gander at it due to the levels of cringe that the image thumbnail alone gives out.

I think the question asks who or what type of person can be seen as ol' dude but with Black culture instead of Japanese. i.e someone who wants to be/act black with no damn understanding of black life/culture.

e.x
Racheal Dolezel
The main character in Malibus Most Wanted
Iggy A....whatever her name is

RP912

Banned
It seems like her career just imploded and fizzled out. Then I started thinking about her discography and the only song of hers that I can remember that wasn't a collab is Fancy.

The thing with Izzy is the fact that she never had "it". She was a product that failed to reach a market. Her debut album flopped to the point they had to re-release it again just to see if it would sell this time. I barely remember any of her songs except that horrid freestyle she did a few months ago.

Bottom line Banks won.

Onemic

The thing with Izzy is the fact that she never had "it". She was a product that failed to reach a market. Her debut album flopped to the point they had to re-release it again just to see if it would sell this time. I barely remember any of her songs except that horrid freestyle she did a few months ago.

Bottom line Banks won.

Im pretty sure her most recent album sold a lot. Iggy for sure won.

royalan

Bottom line Banks won.

Iggy's debut album sold 70k, which actually isn't too bad in today's climate.

I think what killed Iggy's career was her response to the racism allegations. She really should have been humble and apologetic over all of that. Instead, she let TI gas her up into thinking she could say whatever the fuck she wanted to say. As a result, she allowed herself to be turned into a meme.

RP912

Banned
Im pretty sure her most recent album sold a lot. Iggy for sure won.

I think what killed Iggy's career was her response to the racism allegations. She really should have been humble and apologetic over all of that. Instead, she let TI gas her up into thinking she could say whatever the fuck she wanted to say. As a result, she allowed herself to be turned into a meme.

True, but the way they was trying to push Iggy like the answer to Nikki Minaj...when in reality she's below average at best. If she would have kept her gimmick in tact and not let the battery in her back get in the way of her mil ticket...she would still be on the radar, despite the fact that she sucks.

Slayven

True, but the way they was trying to push Iggy like the answer to Nikki Minaj...when in reality she's below average at best. If she would have kept her gimmick in tact and not let the battery in her back get in the way of her mil ticket...she would still be on the radar, despite the fact that she sucks.

I will never forget this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532368

Trey

A shot from that sex tape where Ray J's foine ass was throwin that dick like he was playing NBA Jam, and Kim K laid there the whole time undeserving like a dead fish.

the only time in history someone expressed jealousy for Kim K getting dicked down by ray j.

Am I the only person side eying the red sleeve with blue stripe with stars worn by the white guy in the damn near middle of the pic?

And completely ignoring the sex tape flag, I guess.

That was exactly what I noticed.

Whatever happened to Iggy?

She got hot. The industry tossed her out. There was no planet where someone like her was going to have a long-lasting career. That is just the norm.

Kreed

I think we have different definitions of dead careers. I think we all agree Iggy sucks as a rapper, and IMO that is what has hurt her career since she kept going onto shows like Sway in the Morning trying to gain legitimacy, but you can't say her career is dead with collabs like that song with her and Britney Spears still on the charts. Hell I wouldn't even say Troy Ave's career is dead and that dude can't even sell more than 40 albums in 3 weeks.

RP912

Banned
The Troy Ave situation is like a modern day greek tragedy. Dude was blessed with NYC's finest from beats to rappers and still dropped the fucking ball :/. NYC plz.

A still from Kim Kardashian's sex tape on a flag before Kanye's Glastonbury set last night.

A lot of concert goers got pretty salty he was headlining, there was a petition with over 133K signatures to get him removed IIRC.

A shot from that sex tape where Ray J's foine ass was throwin that dick like he was playing NBA Jam, and Kim K laid there the whole time undeserving like a dead fish.

Thanks, I was never pressed enough to watch the sex tape.

Young Magus

For those of you who still care, The Read Podcast (Hosted by Kid Fury and the homegirl Crissle) released their weekly podcast 2 days early to allow Crissle to go in the fuck in on Rachel Dolezal, and guuurl does she go in, with quite a finisher.

The dragging begins pretty early in the podcast.

Q8S0PZZ.gif

She and K. Fury go in again this week on Don Lemon, CNN, Charleston and all the excuses we've heard so far. Starts at 58:53

Listened to the podcast, thanks for sharing ya'll really liked what they had to say.

The Troy Ave situation is like a modern day greek tragedy. Dude was blessed with NYC's finest from beats to rappers and still dropped the fucking ball :/. NYC plz.

His material wasn't THAT bad was it?

RP912

Banned
Listened to the podcast, thanks for sharing ya'll really liked what they had to say.

His material wasn't THAT bad was it?

It's not that bad but....if you got Cam, 50, Diddy and even Ma$e on your album, you may want to do more than love ballads about cutting yola :/.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

I like troy. He puts his foot in his mouth but I always support my brothers and sisters on that independent grind.

Roy why you hate Kayne so much ? lol

Slayven

I am not that into the hip hop scene, but one of my favorite podcasts been clowning on this dude for 2 weeks. It has been hilarious.

RP912

Banned
I like troy. He puts his foot in his mouth but I always support my brothers and sisters on that independent grind.

Roy why you hate Kayne so much ? lol

No doubt...dude is ok, but man that album should have been more. You got NYC on your back for crying out loud :(.

I am not that into the hip hop scene, but one of my favorite podcasts been clowning on this dude for 2 weeks. It has been hilarious.

Link plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom