• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

I don't see that fight thread ending well for anyone. Spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out where the title for that thread came from, and why the article is over 3 months old.

Onemic

I don't see that fight thread ending well for anyone. Spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out where the title for that thread came from, and why the article is over 3 months old.

That thread is actually getting me upset. That OP clearly had an agenda when making the thread. He took that statement out of his ass to try and fit some warped narrative of his.

It's even funnier reading the rest of the thread talking about how it's a clear hate crime against a white person when the girl in question is half-black.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

kATcG3W.gif

Slayven

That thread is actually getting me upset. That OP clearly had an agenda when making the thread. He took that statement out of his ass to try and fit some warped narrative of his.

It's even funnier reading the rest of the thread talking about how it's a clear hate crime against a white person when the girl in question is half-black.

Woke up and saw that, my fuckery sense tingled. Read the thread and confirmed it.

zeemumu

If the whole thing was a plan to set up MVP then they succeeded.

From what I can tell he didn't read anything and tried to take a swing at it, missed, and hit himself in the face.

If the whole thing was a plan to set up MVP then they succeeded.

From what I can tell he didn't read anything and tried to take a swing at it, missed, and hit himself in the face.

For the life of me, I can't understand why he hasn't been banned yet. Not that he isn't entertaining as hell.

FyreWulff

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was talking about what happened to Monica after The Boy Is Mine with a friend.

She went through some fucked up shit right afterwards. Her boyfriend shot himself in the head right next to her when they went to visit his brother's grave at a cemetery.

Kreed

Thread locked. Crazy that people just run with a title that was clearly made up and nothing else.

It's a problem with GAF/forums and just about everything else when it comes to internet "news" these days. People just want the headlines and quick summaries without actually reading anything from the source because it's quicker. It's just more annoying on GAF/forums because you're trying to create a discussion based on the information and posters are assuming it's accurate from the start. And because so many posters just read the topic title followed closely by posters only reading the summarized info in the OP without ever looking at the source, that's all it takes to get the discussion going regardless of accuracy. Even when posters show up to inform everyone that the OP has misinformation in it, it's too late for the topic because only a handful of posters are actually following along with the thread to get that information. The rest are continuing to post based off of the OP's topic title and what they bothered to read. Editing/updating the OP helps, but most posters don't bother to do that.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just a couple of weeks ago, I was talking about what happened to Monica after The Boy Is Mine with a friend.

She went through some fucked up shit right afterwards. Her boyfriend shot himself in the head right next to her when they went to visit his brother's grave at a cemetery.
Wow...that is fucked up. I understand people go through a lot of pain and can have dark thoughts. Many of us have been in a bad way before, But suicide still really bothers me, especially in cases like this where the suffering person forces their friends and family to live through witnessing such a horrible thing.

It's a problem with GAF/forums and just about everything else when it comes to internet "news" these days. People just want the headlines and quick summaries without actually reading anything from the source because it's quicker. It's just more annoying on GAF/forums because you're trying to create a discussion based on the information and posters are assuming it's accurate from the start. And because so many posters just read the topic title followed closely by posters only reading the summarized info in the OP without ever looking at the source, that's all it takes to get the discussion going regardless of accuracy. Even when posters show up to inform everyone that the OP has misinformation in it, it's too late for the topic because only a handful of posters are actually following along with the thread to get that information. The rest are continuing to post based off of the OP's topic title and what they bothered to read. Editing/updating the OP helps, but most posters don't bother to do that.

The rush to post for GAF fame and copying reddit.

Infinite

Sometimes people have an agenda and they to act on that regardless if the facts and reality support it. There was another thread Here where this doctor wrote a letter apologizing to a woman for calling her obese or at least that's what the thread will have you believe. A lot of people took that and ran with it saying we need to go back to fat shaming and these body positivity folk are ruining America folks are too pc these days etc. Turns out that story is five years old and the doctor was a complete asshole to the woman and even said some racist shit to her. He also has a history of being a dick to patients. Once this was revealed people was still running with the original story out of spite to get their anti-pc agenda going.

Merc_

Folks always using any comedian getting called out for lazy race jokes as an excuse to whine about "fake" outrage. Schumer being the typical white feminist really is surprising in the least. I really love how white liberals think that because they voted for Obama or support progressive policies that they can make whatever lazy race joke they want and not get called out on it. These dudes really aren't as different from conservatives as they think they are. They even resort to the same defenses when they get called on it.

Infinite

Folks always using any comedian getting called out for lazy race jokes as an excuse to whine about "fake" outrage. Schumer being the typical white feminist really is surprising in the least. I really love how white liberals think that because they voted for Obama or support progressive policies that they can make whatever lazy race joke they want and not get called out on it. These dudes really aren't as different from conservatives as they think they are. They even resort to the same defenses when they get called on it.

Progressive policies that amount to supporting gay marriage and weed legalization most of the time.

I just need to lay off the Internet arguments for a while. From defending police brutality, to defending transblack, to defending the Confederate flag, to defending Jim Crow laws; this entire year has been near non-stop with nonsense out of every crevice. I'd say it's progress since people speaking up and changing or trying to change things is what draws them out but it just seems insurmountable when you see that it's not just the politicians and journalists you have to keep an eye on. From now on, I'll pick up a controller whenever I feel the need to respond to anything....Nice that I chose right when WB decided to break Arkham Knight's back and throw it out of a window for the PC crowd.

Breaking news y'all Galactus is now black. Full hood pass privileges.

Don't stop at Michael B. Jordan, Hollywood. I wanna see an all black Fantastic Four on the big screen.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Christ. What did he say this time?

Basically talking crap about Mexican immigrants. Here is what he said -

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best...They're sending people who have lots of problems," Trump said in the speech. "They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists, and some, I assume, are good people."

He tried to clean it up at first, and then went ahead and double downed on the comments. NBC had no choice. They own Telemundo, the spanish language channel. In 2013 it was on track to become the fastest growing broadcast network, regardless of language. So while I am sure NBC wasn't pleased with Trump's comments, it came down to dollars, which it always does. No way you want to be seen as in business with Trump while trying to keep Telemundo's momentum going.

Crocodile

Thread locked. Crazy that people just run with a title that was clearly made up and nothing else.

I saw that title, read the OP, said to myself "what am I even reading?", closed the tab and decided to do something else with my day. Apparently I made the right choice.

Given all the recent debates about comedy and where the line is, I've come to the conclusion that its isn't the nature of the potentially offensive material used or even the target but rather the quality of the actual joke, the delivery and the skill of the actual comedian. Nothing is or should be off limits but some comedians have the skill to navigate the material and some don't. Unfortunately its kind of subjective so I'm not sure these debates will ever end. (I have no idea what Amy Schumer said or did, I'm just using this post as a jump off point)

Has DreamDrop been unbanned yet?

Oh yeah I forgot about that guy. Dude got NUKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom