• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
From that video someone else linked earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpEHzyUnPxs
Dude is flat out proud SC stood up for the right to own slaves. I don't even think he's aware of it fully. All he knows is "States' rights". Like you could tell the chick was thinking "Is he goi...oh he said it...wow." Then she gives him that "Oh really? Go on" look when he says "Not slavery".

I chortled.

Yeah, it's crazy. I'm used to seeing them all over living in Louisiana. Hell, I remember back in my college days some of my friends marched to get the Confederate flag out of LSU games with the LSU colors.

Dereck

Yo the same people who are hating on Rihanna's new video are probably the ones who actually owe people money. I like both the song and video. Haters gonna hate.

Edit. This post is funny.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=170641247
Hmmmm, when I see people post with such strong words like, trash, terrible, shit, awful, uhh..what kind of music do they like? And also, I don't really get how people come to such a powerful "hate filled" conclusion, can't "I don't care for it", be enough?

EDIT: I'm buggin', I'm on the internet.

royalan

Yo the same people who are hating on Rihanna's new video are probably the ones who actually owe people money. I like both the song and video. Haters gonna hate.

Edit. This post is funny.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=170641247

Nothing quite like a Pop thread on GAF. Bunch of posters who swear they don't listen to Pop, don't know anything about Rihanna ("she's a slut anyway..."), but still rush to click that link and watch that video.

Nothing quite like a Pop thread on GAF. Bunch of posters who swear they don't listen to Pop, don't know anything about Rihanna ("she's a slut anyway..."), but still rush to click that link and watch that video.
You know..they might just lurk this thread, and want to see what all the hubbub is about. Pasta knows I don't listen to her..video was cool though..on mute :p

Don't kill me, peoples!!

---

That NBC Trump thread is hilarious. Almost seems like folks who
1. Don't care for Trump
2. Don't care for the confederate flag
3. Don't care if gay people get married

always have a huge BUT right behind those statements..quite entertaining.

RP912

Banned
Pop music haters are hilarious because they throw some shit like "20 producers and song writers" as an excuse to hate a singer. Nevermind, if the person can produce a hit or can sing at all. I'm not a huge fan of Ri RI, but I respect her craft. Umbrella still goes hard in the earbuds.

zeemumu

Is it hypocrisy if you complain about people copying black culture and you're not black but you go out of your way to act black?

Kreed

Wait, what happened to Sakura? I didn't bother reading the new manga.

Prior to the final chapter of this spin-off, Kishimoto implied that Sakura and Sasuke's daughter wasn't Sakura's and was instead Karin's daughter (via a hidden photo of Karin and Sasuke together that Sakura folded Karin out of so that she would have a photo of Sasuke on the family dresser, and a DNA test that we thought was using Karin's DNA). Sasuke's daughter looks a like Karin and has glasses. This chapter revealed that the DNA used was Sakura's DNA the whole time. The chapter ended with Sasuke giving his daughter a goodbye gesture, but Sakura being ignored when she went for the same gesture.

BlackJace

Prior to the final chapter of this spin-off, Kishimoto implied that Sakura and Sasuke's daughter wasn't Sakura's and was instead Karin's daughter (via a hidden photo of Karin and Sasuke together that Sakura folded Karin out of so that she would have a photo of Sasuke on the family dresser, and a DNA test that we thought was using Karin's DNA). Sasuke's daughter looks a like Karin and has glasses. This chapter revealed that the DNA used was Sakura's DNA the whole time. The chapter ended with Sasuke giving his daughter a goodbye gesture, but Sakura being ignored when she went for the same gesture.

Unbelievable.

I knew about the first part already, but lmao at the last part.

How you act black tho? D:
blackcomedy.jpg

lol..son, warn people!

RP912

Banned
People need to stop with the rhotic of the south being more racist than the north, they just show it in different ways. The whole country is racist

This....

When I first moved to Georgia, I was blown away at the fact that most of the neighborhoods had a variety of culture and color, compared to Philly where it's like San Andreas levels of segregation :/. Don't get me wrong, the racism is still strong...but at least folks not faking the funk about the ignorance.

Shy

People need to stop with the rhotic of the south being more racist than the north, they just show it in different ways. The whole country is racist
Looking in from the outside (i'm from the uk)
I'd say in the north, racism is a lot more "polite" using euphemisms to cloak what people want to say.
Where as in the south, it's a lot more "honest" and people feel more free to be open with their racism.

I should a made my post much earlier, as now i'm just repeating what Faceless said.

Onemic

I dunno man, I'd say I'd feel a hell of a lot more unsafe in a largely white place in the south than up north. Not to say that both aint racist as shit, but there are definitely levels to it. I'd rather have polite racism than my ass straight being gunned down.

RedSwirl

I dunno man, I'd say I'd feel a hell of a lot more unsafe in a largely white place in the south than up north. Not to say that both aint racist as shit, but there are definitely levels to it. I'd rather have polite racism than my ass straight being gunned down.

Recently my mom has been telling me that it even differed between southern states, at least back in the 60's and 70's. In Arkansas where she grew up she says it was mostly just ignorance, and she tells me in places like Georgia it was markedly more intentionally malevolent.

Glad someone did the legwork for me. I'm not disagreeing, Slayven..the levels are absolutely real. I'm out of the south hopefully in less than a year, and I'm not coming back. No funerals. No babies. Fuck it.

I've lived in this shithole all my life. DC and die..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom