• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Technically, I suppose. This whole thing started when Amber went on Breakfast Club not too long ago and, when asked about Tyga fucking that underage Kardashian girl, she responded that she didn't think it was appropriate. Well, that's the cleaned up version of what she said.

But then Courtney hopped her ass on Twitter and stated calling Amber a whore and said something like, "but didn't you used to strip at age 15?" And, when the whole reason your entire family is famous is because your one sister got five-dollar-foot-longed by Brandy's little brother, the last thing any of you should be doing is calling someone a slut. That's how Amber sees it, anyway.

Amber has been scalping Kardashians relentlessly ever since.

Amber also went at Kim in the Breakfast Club interview last Friday saying she doesn't like her or anything she does and that she was fake. She definitely started it, but she's dragging all of them easily.

It says a lot that this is the only thing from the Kanye interview today getting attention (which was much better than his previous Breakfast Club interview where he got dragged and then he cried about it on Sway In The Morning). The Drake/Kanye album, the "surprise" new album, the Dame Dash talk, or working with Farrakhan...nope, let's talk about 30 showers.

Trey

Kanye can drop the mic on amber Rose any time he wants but he goes the "she nasty" route. Better off saying nothing at all.

Jacir

Guess I should finally enter this thread

Where you're from - Akron, OH
Where you live - Dayton
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Both parents are from Kashmir (India Occupied Side)
Do you know your roots - Nope. Very hard to track,
Favorite musical genre - hip hop/rap. Frequent the Nujabes thread a lot
Your profession/major/career interest - right now I'm starting my PhD in biomedical engineering/medical imaging
Your religious affiliation - Islam
Hobbies - videogames
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's

Also animorphs was awesome. Had the origin book of the centaur guy that gave them powers, and maybe like 5 other books. Also had one where they time traveled and another where they fought some sorta cloud-hive monster thingy

Welcome.

Furyous

Guess I should finally enter this thread

Where you're from - Akron, OH
Where you live - Dayton
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Both parents are from Kashmir (India Occupied Side)
Do you know your roots - Nope. Very hard to track,
Favorite musical genre - hip hop/rap. Frequent the Nujabes thread a lot
Your profession/major/career interest - right now I'm starting my PhD in biomedical engineering/medical imaging
Your religious affiliation - Islam
Hobbies - videogames
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's

Also animorphs was awesome. Had the origin book of the centaur guy that gave them powers, and maybe like 5 other books. Also had one where they time traveled and another where they fought some sorta cloud-hive monster thingy

I was born somewhere around the same area. We got a PhD in here! My brain hurts thinking about how hard a PhD in biomedical engineering is to obtain. I say that as a nigga with five degrees pursuing a sixth. You from Akron and don't like Churches? THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT then again you in Dayton so lord knows what's going on out there. That Churches out there is ran efficiently.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I have all gifs and images disabled on mobile GAF, I think you do that from the control panel. I just open selective images if interested. Disabling avatars helps with that too. Mobile GAF in general is a godsend. Before it was designed, browsing was a much bigger pain in the ass from mobile devices smaller than tablets. I really enjoy the dark theme on the mobile site, and actually prefer the way subscriptions and thread details are organized. If I recall correctly, the GAF buttons next to each thread taking you to the first unread post is actually copied over to the desktop site from mobile gaf.

More resources:

NeoGAF new thread - posts a tweet for each new thread on gaming side, good for browsing.

NeoGAF new thread (OT version)

NeoGAF shitposts (RIP, now defunct but good for a trip down memory lane)

NeoGAF IRC: (here is a web client if you need it)

I always use studio64.yi.org as the server, join #ga for GAF chat, there are other rooms for other communities.

G-Fex

shit I held that L for that first race, but came back decent for the 2nd race.

Not bad in all, shoutouts to BCT for whoever visited me today.

I was born somewhere around the same area. We got a PhD in here! My brain hurts thinking about how hard a PhD in biomedical engineering is to obtain. I say that as a nigga with five degrees pursuing a sixth. You from Akron and don't like Churches? THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT then again you in Dayton so lord knows what's going on out there. That Churches out there is ran efficiently.

tbh I didn't really eat out till I went to college at OSU. So I was big on the wings over there. I only went to church's once in cbus, but dayton has no real chicken place. All that's near me is a kfc and a place called wingzone

rude

Banned
^Yeah. I remember my high school had this light skin v. dark skin thing and both groups totally ignored me because I was just brown colored.

akira28

that shit is so stupid.

even in jest. makes me want to slap people.

In fact...think I'll go to the local high school tomorrow and just slap the shit out of the kids I see.

^Yeah. I remember my high school had this light skin v. dark skin thing and both groups totally ignored me because I was just brown colored.

Being brown, I'd like to call that 'brown skin privilege". You don't get the "you so black" jokes. You don't get the "sensitive light skinned" jokes. The few black dolls/action figures out there are your shade. You're the default black person.

Being brown, I'd like to call that 'brown skin privilege". You don't get the "you so black" jokes. You don't get the "sensitive light skinned" jokes. The few black dolls/action figures out there are your shade. You're the default black person.

The default black person isn't even the color black (no seriously, why are we still called "black people" when like 80% of us aren't anywhere near that color?).

EloquentM

aka Mannny
How would rate each other on the blackness scale. 1 being that midnight guy from that black Twitter joke while 10 being Michael Jackson pale. I'd say I'm somewhere between 7 and 8 leaning closer to 7

akira28

How would rate each other on the blackness scale. 1 being that midnight guy from that black Twitter joke while 10 being Michael Jackson pale. I'd say I'm somewhere between 7 and 8 leaning closer to 7

No. no arbitrary numbers. We have a scientifical scale. Would someone be so kind to repost? I believe JC is banned.

Merc_

The default black person isn't even the color black (no seriously, why are we still called "black people" when like 80% of us aren't anywhere near that color?).

Well, there are still some dark skinned black folk around. I see a few of them at my gym. Although, yeah, the majority of us seem to be various shades of brown more than anything else.

Shy

hmmm, i'm more pale than i used to be ( for personal reasons ) but when i was a 13 or 14 i was in the army cadets, and one evening this irish kid looked at me and in a quizzical tone asked. "are you a nigger ?" NOW at this point in the story you guys are hoping i punched or yelled at him. unfortunately i sheepishly said "..... no" and then slinked off home.

i'm sorry i'm such a pussy, fam. :(
No. no arbitrary numbers. We have a scientifical scale. Would someone be so kind to repost? I believe JC is banned.
i remember that chart, i think it was in BCT 8, i'll try to have a wee look for it.

Jacir

No you are just one shy motherfucker.

Let's stay friends. Was hoping the android keyboard's word prediction had motherfucker in its database. It aint shit.

Shy

FOUND IT! i was just about to give up too. lol.
it was inOT9 not 8.
A3KW37T.jpg

No you are just one shy motherfucker.

Let's stay friends.
:)

andthebeatgoeson

Trying to decide if i should go to the gym or not. really not in the best of moods this morning.
Do it and plan on only 30 minutes. Just hop on a bike or tread mill and do a few lifts only doing one set. Crank down the weight. That way, everything is easy and you'll fly thru.

Blame it on the weather and the cold but you'll feel better just getting some exercise in.

-----

I see they made a thread going after janedro's whole family tree.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=996386

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom