• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

Guess I should finally enter this thread

Where you're from - Akron, OH
Where you live - Dayton
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Both parents are from Kashmir (India Occupied Side)
Do you know your roots - Nope. Very hard to track,
Favorite musical genre - hip hop/rap. Frequent the Nujabes thread a lot
Your profession/major/career interest - right now I'm starting my PhD in biomedical engineering/medical imaging
Your religious affiliation - Islam
Hobbies - videogames
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's

Also animorphs was awesome. Had the origin book of the centaur guy that gave them powers, and maybe like 5 other books. Also had one where they time traveled and another where they fought some sorta cloud-hive monster thingy

Welcome mothafucka!

Good luck on that PH.D

ReiGun

"Kanye West says he couldn't have sex with Kim Kardashian until he took 30 showers to rid himself of the stench of Amber Rose."

A MESS!!!

giphy.gif

@DaRealAmberRose

Wait 30 showers? But Kim let RayJ nut on her.... Never mind.

Akainu

I'm with Slay. Like, she's physically attractive and all, but I really don't fuck with hair that short/baldness on women. Not that my tastes should affect women in any way, of course. But persuant to the conversation, that's where I'm at.

*shakes head*

From what I've seen she actually looks worse with long hair.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Practical NeoGAF tips:

Utilize subscriptions

Activate the subscribe on post feature, no email update. This will allow you to be notified automatically when threads are bumped and has the added benefit of subconsciously dissuading you from posting in threads that irritate you since they will be stuck on your feed unless you manually delete them afterwards.

Disable avatars

This is a personal preference but saves a ton of bandwidth and screen real estate as wel as removing image bias and forcing you to pay more attention to screen names and post content.

100 posts per page

Just the smart way to do it unless you want to be wasting bandwidth and constantly clicking the "next page" button.

Most of it is just an eye of experience for what threads have potential, the reputation of certain posters, the history of how different discussions traditionally play out on the forum etc. Honestly the community threads are very good for staying up to date too, as other posters that you trust will often stumble upon something funny or interesting before you do and thus you have a pre-selection of good reading at your disposal.

Africanus

So BCT I have a worrying situation.
This all starts back with my A.P. Chemistry teacher. He is a nice yet very rotund man who has diabetes amongst other health complications. Periodically this school year he has been out of class on certain days getting tests and whatnot. However, a few weeks ago, there were some scans done that discovered he had major artery clotting around his heart. As such, around two weeks ago, he went in for quintuple bypass surgery. The time of this surgery as well as rehabilitation meant that he wouldn't be back for eight weeks, which is just in time for our A.P. test.

However, more complications arose during the surgery due to his weight and other factors. One of our substitute teachers said, and I quote, "we were afraid he was going up to the lord over the weekend" . He has stabilized a bit now, but he is still in critical condition and thus, the eight weeks was extended to the rest of the year.

Now, there are a few more parts to this story. Our principal was supposedly interviewing those in the region who might be qualified to teach chemistry, but I am unaware of how that has gone. Our grades (of those in the class) have not been updated since January 30th, and we have not learned anything from the teacher (as he is, as mentioned earlier, incapacitated) nor taken a test in two weeks. Fortunately, our chemistry teacher left a schedule with videos to watch, but he only creates calenders for 1 month, and the substitute is unable to access the homework for the second half of the month, as well as only has knowledge of chemistry in certain areas. The quarter ends March 6th.

My friend and I yesterday decided that we had to do something otherwise our class would fail the A.P. test, and, as such, have decided to try and take on the role of teachers for the time being. It was a bit rough today, given that certain students are in higher math classes than others (The chemistry involved kinematics and logarithms, and our Chemistry class ranges from those in Algebra 2 to those in Calculus B.C.). I'm hoping we can make out a schedule and hopefully homework problems until our actual teacher enters rehabilitation and can utilize a computer to assist the substitute.

Trey

100ppp is the only way to live.

Also, I hope amber rose ain't saying she not with the cumshots. Also could've went at Kanye direct instead of proxy dissing him through Kim K.

Also, I hope amber rose ain't saying she not with the cumshots. Also could've went at Kanye direct instead of proxy dissing him through Kim K.

Maybe I read it wrong, but I thought Kim made Kanye take those showers, which is why Amber shaded Kim.

Kreed

This all started (Khloe twitter argument, Tyga interview, Kanye interview) because she made comments about Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner on the Breakfast Club, so she's dissing Kim on purpose.

Shy

Practical NeoGAF tips:
thanks for those jack.
i already do them except for the avatar one.
So BCT I have a worrying situation.
This all starts back with my A.P. Chemistry teacher. He is a nice yet very rotund man who has diabetes amongst other health complications. Periodically this school year he has been out of class on certain days getting tests and whatnot. However, a few weeks ago, there were some scans done that discovered he had major artery clotting around his heart. As such, around two weeks ago, he went in for quintuple bypass surgery. The time of this surgery as well as rehabilitation meant that he wouldn't be back for eight weeks, which is just in time for our A.P. test.

However, more complications arose during the surgery due to his weight and other factors. One of our substitute teachers said, and I quote, "we were afraid he was going up to the lord over the weekend" . He has stabilized a bit now, but he is still in critical condition and thus, the eight weeks was extended to the rest of the year.

Now, there are a few more parts to this story. Our principal was supposedly interviewing those in the region who might be qualified to teach chemistry, but I am unaware of how that has gone. Our grades (of those in the class) have not been updated since January 30th, and we have not learned anything from the teacher (as he is, as mentioned earlier, incapacitated) nor taken a test in two weeks. Fortunately, our chemistry teacher left a schedule with videos to watch, but he only creates calenders for 1 month, and the substitute is unable to access the homework for the second half of the month, as well as only has knowledge of chemistry in certain areas. The quarter ends March 6th.

My friend and I yesterday decided that we had to do something otherwise our class would fail the A.P. test, and, as such, have decided to try and take on the role of teachers for the time being. It was a bit rough today, given that certain students are in higher math classes than others (The chemistry involved kinematics and logarithms, and our Chemistry class ranges from those in Algebra 2 to those in Calculus B.C.). I'm hoping we can make out a schedule and hopefully homework problems until our actual teacher enters rehabilitation and can utilize a computer to assist the substitute.
i hope your teacher gets better.

you and your friend are doing some fine work Africanus, i hope it all works out.
sup ya'll
welcome back fam.
S0A3dD1.gif

Malyse

evening BCT. how everyone doing this evening, hope you boys and girls had a good week.

*sigh* reading stuff like that makes me want to cry, how you write stuff like that with a straight face. shameful

smh.

What's crazy is how many times he doubled down on it. Like, really?

harSon

Banned
You kidding me man. I'm back on twitch, have a decent base for viewing me every stream. I semi-speedrun.

I'm on a new team rubbing shoulders with KingDime and Adam_AK.

I've arrived.
wtqsCee.gif

Speaking of this GIF, I can't remember the last time I've gone a week without being called or told I look like Drake....

Practical NeoGAF tips:

Utilize subscriptions

Activate the subscribe on post feature, no email update. This will allow you to be notified automatically when threads are bumped and has the added benefit of subconsciously dissuading you from posting in threads that irritate you since they will be stuck on your feed unless you manually delete them afterwards.

Disable avatars

This is a personal preference but saves a ton of bandwidth and screen real estate as wel as removing image bias and forcing you to pay more attention to screen names and post content.

100 posts per page

Just the smart way to do it unless you want to be wasting bandwidth and constantly clicking the "next page" button.

Most of it is just an eye of experience for what threads have potential, the reputation of certain posters, the history of how different discussions traditionally play out on the forum etc. Honestly the community threads are very good for staying up to date too, as other posters that you trust will often stumble upon something funny or interesting before you do and thus you have a pre-selection of good reading at your disposal.

I don't see the point of most of this and why do you have an avatar if you have them disabled.

Naw bruh, people just see you're mixed/light skinned and jump to the biggest celebrity that fits the bill. I'm about to take my talents abroad though, rocking Dada, shorts and timberlands.

This really only applies to females. I mean other than Drake and J.Cole...who else is there on the male side of things?

royalan

But didn't Amber start it?

Technically, I suppose. This whole thing started when Amber went on Breakfast Club not too long ago and, when asked about Tyga fucking that underage Kardashian girl, she responded that she didn't think it was appropriate. Well, that's the cleaned up version of what she said.

But then Courtney hopped her ass on Twitter and stated calling Amber a whore and said something like, "but didn't you used to strip at age 15?" And, when the whole reason your entire family is famous is because your one sister got five-dollar-foot-longed by Brandy's little brother, the last thing any of you should be doing is calling someone a slut. That's how Amber sees it, anyway.

Amber has been scalping Kardashians relentlessly ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom