• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

Keep an eye on those anime avatars, I'm telling ya.

Vice plans doc delving into Japan's obsession with sexualizing girls underage in various forms
People pull the "well the west does it too" card

Damnit to both the events taking place and folks cape'n for it.

Niggas need to learn that whatever culture they like is not immune to having faults and valid criticism thrown at it.

You know where I've found some of the most balanced discussion on anime and Japanese culture? Anime forums.

It's all anime avatars and for some reason the people there are actually willing to criticize the things they love. It's as if obsessing over anime in a non-anime forums gives you this "outside" perspective that still makes the whole body of a medium/culture look ideal and makes you want to defend it. But, for some reason people who immerse themselves ENTIRELY into that body, like on a purely anime forum, start to see it for what it is, for all its pros and cons.

^+1

It's like the difference between actually learning about something that holds interest to you WHILE learning to critique it and those that grasps the bare minimum about the same topic and stans it like no tomorrow.

tumblr_nlfkicFXKd1tlup31o1_250.gif

VrQfyxN.png

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Diet Chris Tucker is still the best description for Mike Epps that I've ever heard. That thread from a while back talking about the Sway interview where Kevin Hart responded to Epps shitting on him was hilarious.

Sometimes, you just disengage.

^+1

It's like the difference between actually learning about something that holds interest to you WHILE learning to critique it and those that grasps the bare minimum about the same topic and stans it like no tomorrow.

You also have to be ready to accept that the thing you enjoy has flaws.
It's a part of growing up, but not everyone gets there.

RedSwirl

I'll add though that the western media does probably put too much of a microscope on a very particular subculture of Japan that's probably looked at with similar speculation by Japan's own mainstream population.

I honestly can't believe I read multiple posts in that thread that are saying blacks are genetically dumber than other races. I mean......why they hate us man?

Crocodile

What I love about the Black Culture Thread is that often I'll see a thread title in OT or Gaming and think "I ain't going in there; its probably filled with fuckery" but then someone will drag that into here anyway. Like somebody stepping in dog shit and then not wiping their shoes before they enter the house nor taking off their shoes when inside LOL

Not throwing shade at you BTW, just making funny/obvious observations out loud :p

Young Magus

You also have to be ready to accept that the thing you enjoy has flaws.
It's a part of growing up, but not everyone gets there.

Sadly, some think there interest are flawless but any/all forms of media are anything but.

I'll add though that the western media does probably put too much of a microscope on a very particular subculture of Japan that's probably looked at with similar speculation by Japan's own mainstream population.

Very True. Large examinations about a different culture's smaller/stranger subculture does not help common perception and can build bias over time.

I honestly can't believe I read multiple posts in that thread that are saying blacks are genetically dumber than other races. I mean......why they hate us man?

They Jelly.....I think

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What I love about the Black Culture Thread is that often I'll see a thread title in OT or Gaming and think "I ain't going in there; its probably filled with fuckery" but then someone will drag that into here anyway. Like somebody stepping in dog shit and then not wiping their shoes before they enter the house nor taking off their shoes when inside LOL

Not throwing shade at you BTW, just making funny/obvious observations out loud :p
You're not wrong. It's a bad habit but we all do it a lot. The thread commenting I mean, not the dog shit thing. That would get asses beat instantly.

Alt post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fvfsT3LNNM

Merc_

There is something about threads about Asian folks that causes gaffers to completely lose all common sense and post the most ignorant shit possible. I swear that it happens every single time.

Ah. You weren't kidding. Also find it funny that people still are completely ignorant of how badly slavery fucked up any chance for tracing back ancestry or culture to anything not related to being white-owned slave labor. Did people think black people got to say goodbye and take family photo albums before they were packed into their ships? It was pointed out in another thread but too many people soften the edges on slavery and if we don't pay attention, the narrative in the next few generations will be that black people came over willingly because they love working for free so much.

GOAT tutorial site for creative and tech training.
http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/index.php

Thanks for the link. Might use this for learning Unity.

There is something about threads about Asian folks that causes gaffers to completely lose all common sense and post the most ignorant shit possible. I swear that it happens every single time.

Folks here don't know how to admire, yet criticize and country's culture. It's bit distressing.

Also, Asians ain't scaring no one.

It's all in the extra hip bone we negroes have.

Oh is it leg bone? I can't remember what it was.

twitch muscle fibers iirc

also enhanced lung genomes that allow you to ingest marijuana in larger quantities at the cost of it throwing you into an enraged state or some shit

not a racist

Trey

People make far away observations and accept them intuitively all the time: it's how stereotypes take off. Like how people used to say that whites are better swimmers because their bones are more hollow than blacks. That was always a fun rationalization.

Trey

Cause the official reasons offend people

Ye

You can look at any sport, even the ones blacks dominate in, and attach it to cultural signifiers far before any genetic predisposition. But maybe some racial genetic bias exists. I'm not convinced.

Would make for an interesting study actually, there has to be some work on the topic.

Slayven

Ye

You can look at any sport, even the ones blacks dominate in, and attach it to cultural signifiers far before any genetic predisposition. But maybe some racial genetic bias exists. I'm not convinced.

Would make for an interesting study actually, there has to be some work on the topic.

people think racism is a one shot and done thing. But the real racism is subtle , the shit that destroys the much lasts for years and molds generations.

Young Magus

Who the chick tho?!

Folks here don't know how to admire, yet criticize and country's culture. It's bit distressing.

Also, Asians ain't scaring no one.

I have an hunch that if there country's cultures would be part of the discussion then those same people would be the first to shit on it like there's no tomorrow.

amazing how much "The negro is fine physical specimen, but their intelligence is subhuman" crops up on the internet.

You've think that shit would've died out when the internet started to treat recent evolutionary facts as the gospel.
Or maybe its the opposite.....idk

people think racism is a one shot and done thing. But the real racism is subtle , the shit that destroys the much lasts for years and molds generations.

Thats the scary part, the worse thing to face is a society that lives the lie about how racism is dead while still benefiting from it.

Kreed

Ye

And even the theorized racial genetic biases have roots in slavery in regards to the black community.

I hear good things but that it's a damn sight harder. Gotta really be on top of everything in order to succeed.

Yeah. Didn't play it but I watched some eps from a Let's Player I like and he screwed himself over badly like 3 times and had to restart. It's a tough one. Biggest secret to some success is having a big soldier pool to draw from.

Bubba T

Today is my last weekday off before working at my new job (and working the M-F 8-5 stereotypical office job). I should be working on my Finance homework right now, but I'm sitting here watching Love and Hip Hop Atlanta and posting on the internet.

Ah, procrastination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom