• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatching TDKR, it's crazy how Nolan got the gun fights right and even the early fight scenes but as the movie went on the fight scenes got worse and worse.

harSon

Banned
The new Chris Tucker stand up was lame as hell :/. Few chuckles, but goddamn dude got that ring rust on stage.

I really enjoyed it. The first 20 minutes were a bore, but it picked up considerably from there. It's a lot safer and more family friendly than his Def Comedy Jam days - but that's who he is now.

Rewatching TDKR, it's crazy how Nolan got the gun fights right and even the early fight scenes but as the movie went on the fight scenes got worse and worse.

I watched it last week for the first time in over a year, and enjoyed it more then I thought I would. Reading people shit on it non stop can effect your perception. The bad parts are still bad but the movie as a whole is very good. I still like it better then the DK.

royalan

C1fCDLl.jpg

GV726xM.jpg

9YP7Xui.jpg

K0zKU1e.jpg

EAT IT, hoes.

Young Magus

Like yo....
Saw the news just as soon as I got online...
Damn man
Damn
Not enough mjcry edits can convey how I feel right now.

This quote from the thread got me:

@Tak_Fujii
Life time is limited no matter who you are. We don't last forever but what we've done won't go away and will stays someone's heart.

RIP Iwata. Guess I`ll play earthbound this week.

zeemumu

Tell that to the more rabid portion of the Metroid fanbase :p

Really sucks too because you wanna go out on a high note. It would suck if the last time Iwata closed his eyes one of his thoughts were "damn we fucked that show up!",

What if he had passed after last year's E3. He would have passed knowing that the show was a success but at the same time he wouldn't have seen how big Splatoon got.

NOPE THIS WON'T BACKFIRE AT ALL!
CIxb2pjXAAEMNzQ.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

NOPE THIS WON'T BACKFIRE AT ALL!
CIxb2pjXAAEMNzQ.jpg
See that skin? That pancake? Auto guard. Every cop will CSI the hell out of the situation. Break out the portable lab with DNA analysis, take video, rewind that shit before considering a judgement.

RIP Iwata. Wii and DS will be a good legacy. But who's next? Biliary cancer is a terror.

tkscz

it's a reference to people calling her "manly" or have a man's frame. so i picked a black male sports figure

Didn't know that was a thing. She has muscles, but I've seen girls with muscles before, that doesn't give them a less feminine figure. Hell, look at "Iron women", even their figures have a distinct difference from a man of equal muscle mass. Why are they talking shit about her anyway?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I should be asleep for the big day tomorrow but this insomnia is ridiculous. I think I just need to get back into a cycle after staying up late after a year. Anyways, I should be dead tired tomorrow. In the mean time here's some statistics on iwata and others with bile duct cancer. Cancer is generally shitty but this is some nefarious shit

30 fucking percent? I feel like no one on gaming looked this up a year ago when he got his operation.

Didn't know that was a thing. She has muscles, but I've seen girls with muscles before, that doesn't give them a less feminine figure. Hell, look at "Iron women", even their figures have a distinct difference from a man of equal muscle mass. Why are they talking shit about her anyway?

oh you know the usual, gay people got people's hatred flaring up so they are visiting their old haunts of racism on her now. If her sister had won it'd be said to her instead

tkscz

oh you know the usual, gay people got people's hatred flaring up so they are visiting their old haunts of racism on her now. If her sister had won it'd be said to her instead

Looked up more. I'm not calling out racism yet, sounds like they just hatin cause she won. Who all are hatin? I just saw one article and that article was scolding the haters.

Looked up more. I'm not calling out racism yet, sounds like they just hatin cause she won. Who all are hatin? I just saw one article and that article was scolding the haters.

Oh it's racism. And sexism. And perhaps a little transphobia if you squint hard enough.

Kreed

The new Chris Tucker stand up was lame as hell :/. Few chuckles, but goddamn dude got that ring rust on stage.

His stand up has been like this for years after Rush Hour. A couple of the bits about his mom, the reporter in Libya (originally Iran), and church were bits I heard live before Rush Hour 3 was released (the delivery was much better for a lot of them). Back then he had jokes about Jackie Chan and Rush Hour 3 which obviously he can't do now (I was almost expecting him to change them to Rush Hour 4 jokes). It was nice hearing his stories on Michael Jackson though. It's too bad he decided to go the "old Christian black man" route with his comedy vs say Dave Chappelle (both being around the same age).

andthebeatgoeson

How come. ?
The site layout is trash. I'm probably biased but it was painful to visit.

The mobile layout is not inviting, is still showing 'who won E3' as a banner, has a sightly functional story about Iwata.

I guess their Wii channel seems like a news service, with the bare minimum of insight into the president of a major company dying. It's a potentially huge story and a way for them to shine. They put up 3 paragraphs. I know they treat their Wii channel like garbage. Oh wait, you search for ign and only the Wii channel shows up. That has more articles about Iwata than the Wii u channel.

All small things but I would assume an enthusiast website would have someone capable of writing a decent article.

andthebeatgoeson

I should be asleep for the big day tomorrow but this insomnia is ridiculous. I think I just need to get back into a cycle after staying up late after a year. Anyways, I should be dead tired tomorrow. In the mean time here's some statistics on iwata and others with bile duct cancer. Cancer is generally shitty but this is some nefarious shit

30 fucking percent? I feel like no one on gaming looked this up a year ago when he got his operation.
I did and I remember posting about it once or twice. I remember because I realized it wasn't worth it and people wanted to swallow the story line easily. Biliary cancer is fucking terrible. I've seen people glow yellow line the bad guy from Sin City and just deteriorate under the pain and stress.

If you hear bile duct cancer or pancreatic cancer, enjoy those last few months. It's one of the cancers where you rarely hear that someone beat the odds and 'the doctor's told me I only had such and such to live but I've been here for 13 years'.

One of my old bosses used to say just give him a six pack and tell him to go fishing. And he just missed E3? Yeah, that shit is no joke. At least he's not suffering now.

His stand up has been like this for years after Rush Hour. A couple of the bits about his mom, the reporter in Libya (originally Iran), and church were bits I heard live before Rush Hour 3 was released (the delivery was much better for a lot of them). Back then he had jokes about Jackie Chan and Rush Hour 3 which obviously he can't do now (I was almost expecting him to change them to Rush Hour 4 jokes). It was nice hearing his stories on Michael Jackson though. It's too bad he decided to go the "old Christian black man" route with his comedy vs say Dave Chappelle (both being around the same age).

Well that's who he is pretty much. Different paths and all that.

Im remember watching a Sinbad special not too long ago that was pretty funny though and it was clean as a whistle so there's no excuse for Chris.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Today started off weird. I happen to be looking out the window while making breakfast and saw a stray kitten stuck and suffocating in a old ground beef wrapper. I went to save him but was nervous cause I wasn't sure if it was a cat or raccoon. The cat let me take it off with ease. I thought he was gonna be freaking out. Think dude had given up at life lol. So odd.

Slayven

Today started off weird. I happen to be looking out the window while making breakfast and saw a stray kitten stuck and suffocating in a old ground beef wrapper. I went to save him but was nervous cause I wasn't sure if it was a cat or raccoon. The cat let me take it off with ease. I thought he was gonna be freaking out. Think dude had given up at life lol. So odd.

Niggaz be capeing for any pussy in the streets

SMH

RP912

Banned
It was alright, you can tell he aint got that fire no more.

I want Chappelle to release on of his stand ups.

So much this.

I really enjoyed it. The first 20 minutes were a bore, but it picked up considerably from there. It's a lot safer and more family friendly than his Def Comedy Jam days - but that's who he is now.
Yeah I know it was more geared towards families. I felt like the stand up had moments, but mostly filler. Then again, my sense of humor is weird.

it was bad.

It wasn't that bad. Dude had some funny quotes about church and cops catching dudes speeding. For what it's worth...it's 5/10.

Yeah, majority of the jokes felt dated as hell. I cringed to the point my teeth almost shattered at the "tax evasion" jokes. I thought I was watching Comic View for a second :/. I didn't mind the "christian man route" because honestly, he should have been himself than trying to be raunchy when he knows his heart isn't into that anymore. There were parts in the show he was forcing the curse words, I'm like dude...just be real. Steve Harvey did the full christian stand up and it worked out ok....

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It was probably in shock at that point. Good on ya for the rescue. That's good karma in the bank.
god damn, slay try to teach the younglings a lesson and got put down. Lmao at the guy running at the end, he didn't know what happen just heard the noise, saw uncle ruckus on the ground and started running.

Kreed

Well that's who he is pretty much. Different paths and all that.

Im remember watching a Sinbad special not too long ago that was pretty funny though and it was clean as a whistle so there's no excuse for Chris.

Yeah, majority of the jokes felt dated as hell. I cringed to the point my teeth almost shattered at the "tax evasion" jokes. I thought I was watching Comic View for a second :/. I didn't mind the "christian man route" because honestly, he should have been himself than trying to be raunchy when he knows his heart isn't into that anymore. There were parts in the show he was forcing the curse words, I'm like dude...just be real. Steve Harvey did the full christian stand up and it worked out ok....

See, I'm not even talking about the cursing vs his material and the subjects. You can be "clean" with your comedy but still sound like you are part of this generation vs the last one. Sinbad is a good example though because he and Chris Tucker sound like they are talking to the same audience, but Sinbad actually was a part of that generation vs Chappelle who is 2 years younger than Chris but sounds his age and also tries to appeal to younger crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom