• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

No one made a thread for Blade and his fatherless ass daughter?

Blade_and_Fallon_Designs_by_Logan_Faerber.jpg

Dude went full weaboo with his sword it looks like.

http://www.newsarama.com/25189-new-blade-is-anti-peter-parker-says-seeley.html

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Looked up more. I'm not calling out racism yet, sounds like they just hatin cause she won. Who all are hatin? I just saw one article and that article was scolding the haters.

There has been very little hate on Serena this year. There has been more reaction to the very few comments than praising what Serena has done. All of the tennis greats have been praising Serena for years and called her among the greatest of all time. Hell, Chris Evert is her mentor. The chorus for a few years has been Serena is one of the greatest, she is beautiful, and is a legend. Why people want to pay attention to and respond to the very few who think otherwise is beyond me,

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bill Bellmy is like the black Paulie Shore. He has a charm that's etch in the memories of the 90s.

How To Be A Player is underrated, it has Jermaine "Huggy" Hopkins in it dammit

See, I'm not even talking about the cursing vs his material and the subjects. You can be "clean" with your comedy but still sound like you are part of this generation vs the last one. Sinbad is a good example though because he and Chris Tucker sound like they are talking to the same audience, but Sinbad actually was a part of that generation vs Chappelle who is 2 years younger than Chris but sounds his age and also tries to appeal to younger crowds.

Idk depends on who you are. Chris identifies with the older generations. Chappelle just probably identifies with his and the latter generation.

The new Chris Tucker stand up was lame as hell :/. Few chuckles, but goddamn dude got that ring rust on stage.

That stand up was just sad. No stage presence at all. The way he let each unfunny joke linger for what felt like forever was straight up painful. Shouldn't have expected much from a dude who hasn't been funny for almost 20 years now

Kreed

Idk depends on who you are. Chris identifies with the older generations. Chappelle just probably identifies with his and the latter generation.

He didn't used to be like that though. Somewhere between Rush Hour 1 and 2 he decided to go with a different image and he's been like that ever since. I remember Brett Ratner complaining in the DVD commentary for Rush Hour 2 how he couldn't get Chris to do the jokes he was doing in Rush Hour 1 in Rush Hour 2 because he wanted to clean up his image (ex: calling one character a crazy bitch, Ratner claimed it took multiple takes for Chris Tucker to give up on his alternatives and just say it as written). I also feel that's the real reason why he won't do another Friday vs Cube not paying him enough money.

It's fine if that's what he wants to do, but I feel like it would be easier to go back to his old style and he'd be much funnier.

Shy

The site layout is trash. I'm probably biased but it was painful to visit.

The mobile layout is not inviting, is still showing 'who won E3' as a banner, has a sightly functional story about Iwata.

I guess their Wii channel seems like a news service, with the bare minimum of insight into the president of a major company dying. It's a potentially huge story and a way for them to shine. They put up 3 paragraphs. I know they treat their Wii channel like garbage. Oh wait, you search for ign and only the Wii channel shows up. That has more articles about Iwata than the Wii u channel.

All small things but I would assume an enthusiast website would have someone capable of writing a decent article.
Ahhhh. the same thing happened when Hiroshi Yamauchi died. games sites are the worst. :(

RP912

Banned
have you been drinking bleach?

Now this is underrated

51Y1TSZ435L.jpg

Psst....now this is a underrated movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExqgweH48NA

That stand up was just sad. No stage presence at all. The way he let each unfunny joke linger for what felt like forever was straight up painful. Shouldn't have expected much from a dude who hasn't been funny for almost 20 years now

The fact that he let off an awkward chuckle at some of those meh ass jokes made me feel for the dude :(.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

If you want to see sad standup, just look at something Bellamy put out a couple years ago. Jokes about AOL chatrooms...it was terrible.

"Any of yall use the internet?" you ask this in 2012...?

RP912

Banned
If you want to see sad standup, just look at something Bellamy put out a couple years ago. Jokes about AOL chatrooms...it was terrible.

"Any of yall use the internet?" you ask this in 2012...?

I thought Tucker had the title when he was making jokes about Westley Snipes/Ron Isley tax problems...but this takes the cake. Now I got to find this stand up for the cringe.

RedSwirl

Ahhhh. the same thing happened when Hiroshi Yamauchi died. games sites are the worst. :(

When you look up a game on IGN these days you don't even see "news" for it anymore. It's just "guides, items, maps" and whatnot. Put that together with all the other entertainment news and it's starting to look like Spike TV in website form. Throwing in science news is cool though.

Is it okay to say GameSpot won?

It feels so... impersonal? I also dislike "African-American," but significantly less.

Just say minorities, or if you're talking about black people, say "black people." Never identified as a PoC, but as a black dude - regardless of whether it seems there's a difference.

So BCT Fam my Ex's friends hit me up on twitter calling me pathetic and shit because I was being open (as far as why we broke up and the issues nothing personal or disrespectful) about the relationship. I felt the need to because we broke up around April and I flunked out of school the next month and just talking about it and my school issues helped me cope for awhile.

Then these chicks come out nowhere to defend a friend who doesn't even like them. Practically calling me trash for doing it having me like:

Silly thing is by that point I already realized that talking about it was making me bitter so I've pretty much stopped talking about it by that point. So for them coming in crusading was unwarranted. Idk. I'm just tired of my Ex's childishness. My friends came in and helped cheer me up but that really pissed me off.

Jacir

I hate the terms "PoC," "WoC," and all other oC, srsly.

It feels so... impersonal? I also dislike "African-American," but significantly less.

Just say minorities, or if you're talking about black people, say "black people." Never identified as a PoC, but as a black dude - regardless of whether it seems there's a difference.

What about POS do you not like?

I understand what your saying, but even before Twitter, people always shortened words and phrases for several reasons. Simplification would be the easiest and logical reason of them all.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

I understand what your saying, but even before Twitter, people always shortened words and phrases for several reasons. Simplification would be the easiest and logical reason of them all.
Dat typo...

I mean, I don't even like being referred to as a "Person of Color." The abbreviation isn't my issue.

I was unclear; sorry.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It implies white as a default and anyone who isn't white isn't normal. They are "colored" or a "person of color". I always felt like it was a coded term.

RedSwirl

Man you really can't say shit about Japan

You know where I've found some of the most balanced discussion on anime and Japanese culture? Anime forums.

It's all anime avatars and for some reason the people there are actually willing to criticize the things they love. It's as if obsessing over anime in a non-anime forums gives you this "outside" perspective that still makes the whole body of a medium/culture look ideal and makes you want to defend it. But, for some reason people who immerse themselves ENTIRELY into that body, like on a purely anime forum, start to see it for what it is, for all its pros and cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom