• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

I am probably the type to bring some x rated videos while I'm getting a shapeup at the barbershop. No shame. I just want my hair done. Think I might just change careers. Fuck all pimps too.

Lemme get this straight: You on xvideos as you're getting a lineup? Don't tell me you one of these designerds that streams content straight to the television. Not cool unless the barbershop allows it.

Jacir

Lemme get this straight: You on xvideos as you're getting a lineup? Don't tell me you one of these designerds that streams content straight to the television. Not cool unless the barbershop allows it.

No, I just watch them on my phone. I didn't know there are people who do that. I think that is too far and disrepectful.

Slayven

Walmart peeps must be like "wtf?" after going thru all that trouble putting out PR about matching Amazon Prime Day deals.

i've seen more appealing sales at Bath & Body Works

You know folks at wal mart are like "Damn we thought we about to get embrarresed"

Bath and Body works always have a 20 percent off coupon ready for you.

Bubba T

I was basically an unknown at my job, just minding my own business. When I got at job offer to work in a new department, I have managers who barely acknowledged me aside from the usual hello coming up to me saying congratulations. Just yesterday the COO chatted me up for a little bit.

Kind of weirded out, but it's nice being on the map for once.

What is wrong with some of us, damn.

I listen to a couple hip hop and r&B stations on the way to work. Man, every time the topic comes to removing Cosby's stuff (or putting up some sign noting what he did) and they ask for callers, everyone is like "oh, he's a hero, everyone else is being silly." One dude had the audacity to talk like "this is what they do to black heroes that don't stay in their place" or some nonsense like that. I keep waiting for someone to call in and break the consensus - never happens.

How are you, BlackGAF? I see that the beat doesn't go on anymore.

Crocodile

still waiting for the feminist defense to Serena

43b86d4772684665686e6de390f55b27.jpg

Trey

What is wrong with some of us, damn.

I listen to a couple hip hop and r&B stations on the way to work. Man, every time the topic comes to removing Cosby's stuff (or putting up some sign noting what he did) and they ask for callers, everyone is like "oh, he's a hero, everyone else is being silly." One dude had the audacity to talk like "this is what they do to black heroes that don't stay in their place" or some nonsense like that. I keep waiting for someone to call in and break the consensus - never happens.

How are you, BlackGAF? I see that the beat doesn't go on anymore.

You gotta chill when you on your alt, b.

And black people always gonna take care of their own regardless. Did the same with Michael.

Cosby was finger wagging black folks for years but he made Cosby show so it's all good. Hard to combat emotional attachments people make.

You gotta chill when you on your alt, b.

And black people always gonna take care of their own regardless. Did the same with Michael.

Cosby was finger wagging black folks for years but he made Cosby show so it's all good. Hard to combat emotional attachments people make.

I don't get the reference lol
Who do I act like?

But you're right. It's just weird, because every time I'm sitting there like "someone has to go against the grain, right?" Maybe it's because I never had feelings like that for Cosby.

Merc_

still waiting for the feminist defense to Serena

lol the majority of feminists only pretend to care about Intersectionality when WoC start calling their asses out on their bullshit. They drop the "we have to do better and start listening to WoC and their issues" lines and then proceed to do the same shit all over again until they get called out yet again. I'm amazed that WoC still have the patience to bother with them anymore.

Trey

I'm pretty sure I've seen some defenses thrown up on tumblr and random blogs but I'm not gonna chase down links. Matters little in this context, you already know the hood got her.

Rembrandt

Banned
There has to be a black guy on the American Dad cast. They really be on some random shit. Stans wife pulling out her hoodrat necklace or the Boyz II Men stuff.

She's beautiful, but it is way obvious that this pic is photoshopped. No where near as Amazonian as real life Serena, see those recent White House pics for comparison.

And no, white feminists aren't caping for Serena. All her competition is white women. They're protecting their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom