• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

Pretty amazing (and not surprising at all) how the Chattanooga was shooter was instantly labeled a terrorist once his name was discovered.

Now she will all of a sudden find love with a white guy because black men don't know how to handle business.

ay girl

CKshlHv.gif

Not just lost to her, but hasn't beaten her in years.

Oh and Monica didn't do as much damage as that infamous Olympic games match.

Like 2-18 all time.
The last match was 6-4, 6-2 or something.
She beat her twice in one year and never since.

It's the tennis version of the Generals and Globetrotters.

Jacir

I know I have the tendency to link stuff without any of my thoughts with it. So here it goes...

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/16/8974447/harper-lee-go-set-a-watchman-racism-controversy

This article is about the current hoopla over Harper Lee's newest novel, a sequel of To Kill a Mockingbird. It made me remember how much I disliked that book (being black in a majority white private school) and to why it was more popular with white readers. The article goes into other things, but mostly why the sequel is getting lots of negative and also positive feedback.

Seen Ant-Man. It was good, but my mind was out of it, unfortunately. Family really enjoyed it..lots of laughing. Good cameos. Then, the credits remind me that I'll be bludgeoned with the name Edgar Wright for days, if not months..and I love the fucking guy!

Do Better

I think I just experienced what y'all call having your soul snatched. I've never looked that deeply into a woman's eyes and seen nothing but ice before.

are you white?
You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now. I expected ANYTHING but that question..good gawd. I happen to watch a lot of euro stuff. Hollywood tends to be shit, so the only thing I've gone to the theater for is DC/Marvel for the last who knows how many years.

I just find dude funny. Figure you'd dig him as well, old man..

You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now. I expected ANYTHING but that question..good gawd. I happen to watch a lot of euro stuff. Hollywood tends to be shit, so the only thing I've gone to the theater for is DC/Marvel for the last who knows how many years.

I just find dude funny. Figure you'd dig him as well, old man..

are you white tho

jmood88

I love how Rust is bringing out the people who are all of a sudden so concerned that women and minorities, who have never been able to choose the race/sex of protagonists (outside of games with character creators) won't be able to choose their character.

Merc_

I love how Rust is bringing out the people who are all of a sudden so concerned that women and minorities, who have never been able to choose the race/sex of protagonists (outside of games with character creators) won't be able to choose their character.

I like that they're self aware just enough to know how it would sound if they really pitched a fit about not being able to play as a white dude. It's fun to watch them dance around how they really feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom