• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally finished S3 of Legend of Korra, shit was excellent you guys were right.

Korra on that wheelchair though :(

Season 4 you can really feel the cut funding. Still, it's a great season (though not as good as 3) and (as has been said above) the final piece of music is incredible.

Nickelodeon need to hurry up and release the soundtracks.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
There has to be a black guy on the American Dad cast. They really be on some random shit. Stans wife pulling out her hoodrat necklace or the Boyz II Men stuff.

Have you heard Steve sing R&B songs? It's ridiculous how funny/flexible American Dad is

DrFunk

CKDA7zzUMAEEvbB.jpg

lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
still waiting for the feminist defense to Serena

Maybe I have been living under a rock, but I have not seen Serena getting attacked at all in the past couple of years. A few idiots that gain an audience because of Retweets and people trying to grabs hits for their thinkpieces, but I just haven't seen it. I have seen universal love and praise for her. Maybe I am just not looking in the right places.

Correct me if I am wrong though.

Dude Guy

Anyone here from Philly? I might be visiting in a couple of weeks and would love to know some places to be (food, museums, touristy shit, whatever)

Perhaps I'm missing it, but I don't see any bitterness persay, just begrudging acceptance that she was a better match than them.

Not familiar with tennis myself, but I'm assuming she said someone other than Serena because she doesn't want to admit that Serena was a challenge. (Having lost to her and all.)

Rembrandt

Banned
It's incredible how much better the show is than every other Seth MacFarlane show.

by a huge margin, too.

Principal Lewis shows up pretty frequently, even if he's usually on some fuck shit.

lmao, he's a great character. the scene where he gets steve and his friends into blackjack is GOAT

Have you heard Steve sing R&B songs? It's ridiculous how funny/flexible American Dad is

the crazy thing is that they're surprisingly good. they be killin' their dance scenes, too.

Trey

Perhaps I'm missing it, but I don't see any bitterness persay, just begrudging acceptance that she was a better match than them.

Bottom right panel is Maria Sharapova saying that another person other than Serena - who has defeated her 17 times straight - was her toughest opponent.

Con_Smith

Banned
Didn't want to post a thread in OT, but has anyone heard anything about Sandra Bland? My twitter has been blowing up and wanted to get a community response before the get all the facts people start chiming in.

DrFunk

Didn't want to post a thread in OT, but has anyone heard anything about Sandra Bland? My twitter has been blowing up and wanted to get a community response before the get all the facts people start chiming in.

Yup. Twitter's moving a lot on it. Haven't seen it on nat'l news yet..

I think it's still developing. Only seen stuff on Twitter so far. Very troubling, from the looks of things, at the very least.

I would have posted it, but I've been really busy today.

In short, it's haunting the hell out of me. Really shows that all it takes is being black and running into the police.

RP912

Banned
Anyone here from Philly? I might be visiting in a couple of weeks and would love to know some places to be (food, museums, touristy shit, whatever)

Please Touch Museum if you have kids. You can't go wrong with the Franklin Institute. The best cheese steaks are not pats and genos *go to Mimmos*. Penns Landing is cool to just walk through and chill.

Con_Smith

Banned
I understand we can never really know what goes through a persons mind, but after watching her arrest video and some of her video posts prior and seeing she seems to be a pretty religious woman, I can't see why she would have committed suicide nor why she may have been detained in the first place.

Of course with these things no one can really say for sure...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

It has been blowing up down here. The medical examiner (not from the county that the incident happened in) called it a suicide. Backing up the official account.

Here is the story. Hopefully that link works.

Here are the particluars -
A Texas Department of Public Safety trooper pulled Bland over Friday afternoon around 4:30 p.m. near Prarie View A&M after changing lanes without signaling, according to Trooper Erik Burse, a spokesman for the Public Safety Department.
The trooper ordered her out of the car because she was argumentative and uncooperative, he said, adding that she was about to be issued a written warning when she kicked the trooper who had pulled her over. At that point, she was arrested and charged with assault on a public servant.

In a video of the arrest, Bland complained of police slamming her head against the ground and being unable to hear.

She was held on a $5,000 bond, according to records from the Waller County District Clerk's Office.

Smith told The Chicago Tribune Bland had been put in one of the two "tanks" for women at the county jail, which sits about 50 miles northwest of Houston and has a capacity of 110 inmates. Smith said Bland had been placed alone in one of the tanks and was given breakfast about 7 a.m. Monday.

She spoke to staff about an hour later about making a phone call, he said. Authorities found her around 9 a.m. having hanged herself in the tank. Officials with the sheriff's office have not said what she used to hang herself, but said she did not use her shoelaces or a blanket.

Jailers performed CPR, but were unable to revive Bland, according to the Sheriff's Office press release.

The Prairie View alum's death sparked outrage from family and friends, who say they don't believe she would have committed suicide.

Man, suicide or not, it says a hell of a lot that even a simple detainment can lead to that.

That's how fucked our justice system is, how much we can't trust it, how socioeconomically handicapped previously arrested people are, and how much we know it.

Like, can we live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom