• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where you're from - Sweden!
Where you live - Sweden!
What is your age? - In my twenties.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Kurdish, hailing from from a 17th century Persian king.
Do you know your roots - More or less, it's in history books.
Favorite musical genre - Pop
Your profession/major/career interest - Psychology, but I'm getting into med school now.
Your religious affiliation - N/A
Hobbies - Talking and watching video games. I don't play them.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes.

Sou Da

Where you live - Sweden!
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Kurdish, hailing from from a 17th century Persian king.
Your profession/major/career interest - Psychology, but I'm getting into med school now.

Which one?

Furyous

Where you live - Sweden!

Early, mid, or late twenties?

Watching video games is a great way to save money. I've watched a Let's Play of every Ass Creed and saved north of $300 off youtube. We've got a Swede!! Educate us on why your country is awesome other than women. Welcome and what's your favorite pop song of the moment? Put us on some Swedish music, please?

JeanGrey

Too late. Successful war was successful.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=151983461

480px-Civil_War_Vol_1_1_Variant.jpg

Both sides lost alot.:(

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I suggest we skip to the anime part of the cycle and talk about how trash Naruto Shippuden is.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even watch anime anymore. I just read the wiki pages and discuss the shit on GAF.

the ending to that Titans Eating Everyone anime is in. sane.....
shit like that....I wont even say no more.

I never got why Shingeki was so popular, so much shock value to compensate for a plot that was decent at best

Crocodile

Is there any current anime worth discussing though?

If we are talking just about stuff that's airing in Japan right now

Jojo
Shirobako
Death Parade
Gundam Build Fighters Try
Parasyte (this is just "ok" though)

I also hear Garo might be legit but I don't know enough about it to have a strong opinion.

I never got why Shingeki was so popular, so much shock value to compensate for a plot that was decent at best

For similar reasons shows like Walking Dead are popular

Zombies are popular

If we are talking just about stuff that's airing in Japan right now

Jojo
Shirobako
Death Parade
Gundam Build Fighters Try
Parasyte (this is just "ok" though)

I also hear Garo might be legit but I don't know enough about it to have a strong opinion.

For similar reasons shows like Walking Dead are popular

Zombies are popular

I read the Parasyte manga, is the anime not as good?
The only anime I'm watching atm is Tokyo Ghoul and Log Horizon.

Crocodile

Come on Sensui's arc was pretty cool. I just didn't like the cliche victory.

I thought Jojo was an old anime Crocodile.

I mean Jojo is a classic franchise and there have been OVAs in the past but there has never been a TV series until recently. I'm aware of some of the stuff that goes on in Stardust Crusaders just due to cultural osmosis but a lot of it is still new to me and MANY others.

I read the Parasyte manga, is the anime not as good?
The only anime I'm watching atm is Tokyo Ghoul and Log Horizon.

I haven't read the manga (though some of the writing issues I have with the show are probably in the manga as well), but anime specific problems include amateurish sound direction, mediocre direction, mediocre animation (though occasionally they go all out so I have to give them props for those instances), etc. I just don't think the production overall is strong even if I like the premise and the two main characters. Also, again, there are some issues with the writing that irk me but they are likely in the manga as well.

Whoa whoa whoa. Attack on titan is over?

Season 1 of the TV show ended back in 2013? Season 2 is slated for Japan next year. Manga is still ongoing.

D i Z

Is this Rising Star challenge going to be worth anything? I barely know any of these players so I have no gauge for the potential.

Africanus

My gaze overlooks this thread and Neogaf in general for a brief period of time in excitement over a New 3ds and multiple bannings occur. As well as a demodding.
Que asco!
Oh well, one never knows when such events may occur.

On topic: The premium version of Steel Diver: Sub Wars is quite beguiling indeed!

Latch

I don't think I've ever posted in here, so hai

Where you're from - Houston, TX
Where you live - Houston, TX
What is your age? - 19
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - My family is Creole from Opelousas, and theres other madness mixed up in there too (I just identify as Black)
Do you know your roots - a little
Favorite musical genre - Pop, I guess? Honestly, I don't have one. I listen to random whateverness (http://www.last.fm/user/whackexcellence)
Your profession/major/career interest - Real Housewife
Your religious affiliation - None
Hobbies - Beyoncé
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's is the only right answer

D i Z

Yo. Farcry 4 is on sale on Amazon US, ranging from $29.99 on all systems except PS4 which is $39.70 right now. If you know, anyone is still looking to pick it up.

Jacir

First post for the new thread.

These jokes on the last two pages of OT10 are hilarious:

Labor in them streets screaming Get your Billions back America

Labor schedules in his google calendar when it is time to flip his mattress.

Labor planning on giving all the single ladies he know Halloween candy tomorrow talking bout don't worry girl u can be my boo.

Labor once did a 10 hour shift with no break at Best Buy because he didn't want to disappoint people by telling them he didn't work there.

Labor planning on giving all the single ladies he know Halloween candy tomorrow talking bout don't worry girl u can be my boo.

I like when radio DJs play older records over modern beats, but Aaliyah's "If Your Girl Only Knew" had no business being over Hot Nigga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom