• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

WeightyPlasticDaddylonglegs.gif

Jacir

Article by Peggy McIntosh: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack of White PrivledgeNatural's Law: still see a few tagged members for this out in the wild. Here is where it comes from.This used to get posted in the older OTs and I think it deserves to be preserved. Captmcblack's thoughts on the imbalance between "blackness" and actually being black.Diet Racism: funny but also shows the "subtle" kind of 21st century racism that is prevalent today.

Also I think some of the discussion Opiate sparked up last thread should be linked to.

Good post breh.

Furyous

I suggest we skip to the anime part of the cycle and talk about how trash Naruto Shippuden is.

*tosses refrigerator off a skyscraper, the double door joint*

Shippuuden is dope and MILF Hinata is awesome.

Now I'm with you if you talk about Bleach...

Shy

HI FAM, i missed you ( even if you didn't miss me. )
i've not been posting in here for the last few days because i've had crippling pain with my back, and i've had a hard time being able to concentrate on anything.

i did make a couple of posts in other threads. but this might be my favorite thread, so i like to take my time in here.
so i missed the last few pages of the last thread, and the first few of this one.

----------------------------------------------------------
much love to JC, Labor, J10, harSon and morris.
hopefully their bans aren't permas and they can come back soon.

hope everyone with a significant other has a truly wonderful valentine's day weekend.

and if you're like me, forever alone. then do what i do, open the window and shout BAH! HUMBUG! at the top of your voice. :p
ok. so. *takes in deep breath and nervously sighs* about the RPS Molyneux interview.
i thought it was a good inerview, and while i understand you can't and shouldn't conduct all interviews like that, i feel this was warranted because as john walker said on twitter "I know that some people aren't going to like the interview. But the rules change when it's the players' money being messed with."
as for the opening question, i feel, as a few other people pointed out in that thread, it was a very Jeremy paxman style question to ask, so i didn't have a problem with it.

i feel very passionately about the games media, more than i'll ever post about, because of fear of not being able to articulate my thoughts correctly, and making myself look foolish. ( as i fear i've just done with this post. )

hopefully you won't think less of me fam for what i said about that interview *sheepishly looks at mhw, dy, slay and others thought the interview wasn't good*
Where you're from -South Bay LA, born in Harbor City, grew up in San Pedro, Lomita and Torrance

Where you live -Torrance, don't go to Court here.

What is your age? -27

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -Mostly Caucasian, dad's mother's side of the family is Colombian, Grandmother immigrated here in the 50's. So 25% Colombian, 75% white dude.

Do you know your roots -Sorta, should probably ask my Mom more about her ancestry, she's looked into it.

Favorite musical genre -Fusion Jazz, Return to Forever, Miles Davis, Weather Report, etc.

Your profession/major/career interest -Game design and wildlife and habitats, mostly volunteer here and there with the animal and habitat restoration stuff, broke and working on independent game with some friends, but doing mostly software test, video recording and level/game design by committee with the programmers.

Your religious affiliation -None

Hobbies -Gaming, Twitch, GAF, music, sports, reading, movies, cycling, hiking, swimming (love the Ocean), comedy, some more stuff.

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -Gotta say Popeye's, but their biscuits are way too salty.

Just a youngin' creeping in here...

Where you're from - Cincinnati, OH. Skyline > Goldstar
Where you live - Central Florida
What is your age? - Turned 20 last November
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Irish (with the freckles to prove)/African American/Native American
Do you know your roots - Yes, but I'm constantly learning more. The black history month threads are a great resource as well.
Favorite musical genre - Electronic, Jazz, Romantic Era, Hip-Hop,
Your profession/major/career interest - Computer Science, with a focus in programming mobile applications.
Your religious affiliation - Presbyterian
Hobbies - Gaming, Reading, Piano/Organ, Music Composition, Biking.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's. Dat spicy shrimp, and dem biscuits... *drools*

Where you're from - Sweden!
Where you live - Sweden!
What is your age? - In my twenties.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Kurdish, hailing from from a 17th century Persian king.
Do you know your roots - More or less, it's in history books.
Favorite musical genre - Pop
Your profession/major/career interest - Psychology, but I'm getting into med school now.
Your religious affiliation - N/A
Hobbies - Talking and watching video games. I don't play them.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes.

I don't think I've ever posted in here, so hai

Where you're from - Houston, TX
Where you live - Houston, TX
What is your age? - 19
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - My family is Creole from Opelousas, and theres other madness mixed up in there too (I just identify as Black)
Do you know your roots - a little
Favorite musical genre - Pop, I guess? Honestly, I don't have one. I listen to random whateverness (http://www.last.fm/user/whackexcellence)
Your profession/major/career interest - Real Housewife
Your religious affiliation - None
Hobbies - Beyoncé
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's is the only right answer
*open arms wide* WELCOME WELCOME GUYS, hope your time hear is a dope one.

Any valentines day plans brehs?

Starting the day out with mugs of oatmeal and coffee, meeting my boyfriend in the morning for a walk on the beach, exchange gifts, work 4 hours, proceed to release frustration regarding having to work on valentine's day by turning him into a cadbury cream egg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Starting the day out with mugs of oatmeal and coffee, meeting my boyfriend in the morning for a walk on the beach, exchange gifts, work 4 hours, proceed to release frustration regarding having to work on valentine's day by turning him into a cadbury cream egg

aUlSnn6.gif

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Fucking Sony.

Can't change my PSn region because someone there didn't think this was a thing people should be able to do in 2015.

Got a PS4 and can't redeem my Last of Us or PS Plus codes cos i made my PSn account back when i lived in the UK.

Steaming pile of bullshit.

On XBL, all i had to do was change my country in the Country field in my account and boom, new region applied.

On PSN, i have to make some stupid new account.

BULLSHIT.

Trey

this Drake album is just a shadow clone to eat the rest of his contract. He sounds bored in general when he raps but this album is pure anesthesia.

D i Z

Well damn. Sounds like a better day than what mine will be like. That's the second time in a matter of months that Cadbury Cream Eggs took a knee. Well played.

And Shy, what happened to your back, if you don't mind me asking?

ReiGun

My sucka ass somehow ended up picking up two extra shifts this week. Finally off tomorrow.

Never let it be said I'm not willing to work.

This got me. lmao

Shy

haha. nice.
have a great weekend sub.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sub you da man.

Shy hope your back gets to feeling better. And don't ever be afraid to express yourself in here, no one will insult or think less of you for your opinion. Most of the stuff that gets thrown around is just for jokes between willing parties, so don't worry.

I feel you on the gamers money point but man, I both stopped believing and buying any Molyneux product after the whole fable thing. It all seems like super old beef to me, like I am genuinely surprised people are still so heated about it. Why hold the grudge? Most of his famous exaggerations (Black and White 2, fable) are from YEARS ago. The guy exaggerates and fails to deliver, does that make him a liar? I don't know but it doesn't sit right so many people basically wanted to see him torn down.

Jacir

Yo, did BCT go through a black hole on pg3 before mods came in?

I actually enjoyed the Rookie game tonight.

ReiGun

I don't have a valentine/date/booty-call/whatever and I don't much feel like going out, so my V-Day is being spent with netflix and this godlike spaghetti dinner I plan to hook up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom