• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

best shonen? TTGL or FMA:B.
No
One Piece ovverated
And no.

One Piece will make you fucking catch feels on the reg. Straight up fuck yo onion shit. I mean Ace. Fucking Ace. That was a rip your damn heart out your chest moment. Most writers don't have the balls to put their main character through the wringer for so long, have him struggle so hard, make him face insurmountable odds on insurmountable odds to win and win, only to snatch defeat for the jaws of victory at the very last moment. Oda is a brilliant writer and the fact that one piece has gone on for so long without (IMO) a drop in quality is a testament. You wouldn't expect it to be so damn excellent considering the art and the premise, but there is nothing that remotely touches One Piece. Every single character has a backstory that's good enough to be the protagonist of another series.

Trey

How would you folks feel about a BCT interview series of sorts? I got the idea from the FGW thread; it seems to go over well there. I (or whomever comes up with the questions) wouldn't ask anything super personal that would get folks identified. It might give this place a more community feel, especially with so many grey names nowadays.

cool idea but I don't think bct has the numbers to make it work.

We have a few dozen regulars and semi regulars. Even if there was one a week it would take about a year to get through them all.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
cool idea but I don't think bct has the numbers to make it work.

B9x8OEVCUAEzKur.jpg:orig
WE GON EAT BEEF

Furyous

I don't think I've ever posted in here, so hai

Where you're from - Houston, TX
Where you live - Houston, TX
What is your age? - 19
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - My family is Creole from Opelousas, and theres other madness mixed up in there too (I just identify as Black)
Do you know your roots - a little
Favorite musical genre - Pop, I guess? Honestly, I don't have one. I listen to random whateverness (http://www.last.fm/user/whackexcellence)
Your profession/major/career interest - Real Housewife
Your religious affiliation - None
Hobbies - Beyoncé
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's is the only right answer

Welcome! We need to talk... Is Riff Raff official? I have a hard time believing Houstonians, "you people", would let anyone through the cracks especially that guy. OG Ron C managed but we want to see the receipts.

I don't have a valentine/date/booty-call/whatever and I don't much feel like going out, so my V-Day is being spent with netflix and this godlike spaghetti dinner I plan to hook up.

That shouldn't stop you from pursuing. That sounds sad but at the same time sometimes it's not worth it. At least get you a good fap going. It's not good to have pent up sexual tension on Valentines Day for health reasons. It's been clinically proven that no jacking or jilling off over a three day period is bad for your long-term health according to Joe Rogan.

Shy

Sub you da man.

Shy hope your back gets to feeling better. And don't ever be afraid to express yourself in here, no one will insult or think less of you for your opinion. Most of the stuff that gets thrown around is just for jokes between willing parties, so don't worry.

I feel you on the gamers money point but man, I both stopped believing and buying any Molyneux product after the whole fable thing. It all seems like super old beef to me, like I am genuinely surprised people are still so heated about it. Why hold the grudge? Most of his famous exaggerations (Black and White 2, fable) are from YEARS ago. The guy exaggerates and fails to deliver, does that make him a liar? I don't know but it doesn't sit right so many people basically wanted to see him torn down.
thanks so much for the kind words about my back and me posting, jack.

my back is feeling much better today, but it still feels a little sore at the mo.

one of my biggest fears in general is being misunderstood, so i always get self conscious when i post.
it was one of the main reasons that kept me away from joining GAF for years.
How would you folks feel about a BCT interview series of sorts? I got the idea from the FGW thread; it seems to go over well there. I (or whomever comes up with the questions) wouldn't ask anything super personal that would get folks identified. It might give this place a more community feel, especially with so many grey names nowadays.

We have a few dozen regulars and semi regulars. Even if there was one a week it would take about a year to get through them all.
i'd be down for that.
it looks like those gundam fighting games i hear good things about.

akira28

don't sweat it shy. you're a nice person, so you'll do well here.

especially when you surprise someone by snatching their wig. they'll never see it coming. ;)

KumaJG

No

And no.

One Piece will make you fucking catch feels on the reg. Straight up fuck yo onion shit. I mean Ace. Fucking Ace. That was a rip your damn heart out your chest moment. Most writers don't have the balls to put their main character through the wringer for so long, have him struggle so hard, make him face insurmountable odds on insurmountable odds to win and win, only to snatch defeat for the jaws of victory at the very last moment. Oda is a brilliant writer and the fact that one piece has gone on for so long without (IMO) a drop in quality is a testament. You wouldn't expect it to be so damn excellent considering the art and the premise, but there is nothing that remotely touches One Piece. Every single character has a backstory that's good enough to be the protagonist of another series.

That still doesn't the fact it is overrated. Oda terrible. One Piece dropped in quality a long time ago.

andthebeatgoeson

Independence day
I robot
Enemy of the state
Mib1
Ali
Bad boys 1
Bad boys 2

These are great WS movie off the top in no particular order. BB 1&2 make it hard. I love enemy of the state.

Top 3 is hard. I would say top 5 easily. Then it's like separating Zelda games.

Independence day
I robot
Enemy of the state
Mib1
Ali
Bad boys 1
Bad boys 2

These are great WS movie off the top in no particular order. BB 1&2 make it hard. I love enemy of the state.

Top 3 is hard. I would say top 5 easily. Then it's like separating Zelda games.

Replace I robot with bad boys 1 and that's what I think the top 3 are.

Don't know what happened to him though, Mib3 and after earth were horrible

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

I think this is a cool idea. You need any help organizing or running this, send me a PM.

This super stable 3D is legit guys.
Not a fan of the c-nub thing though. How did people play Resident Evil: Revelations with the Circle Pad Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom