• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ntxb659Xtd1qh9nffo1_400.gif

This is perfect

Nicki bowing in front of her Queen?

Wtf is Miley wearing?

Exactly what I was thinking. Also had Madonna in mind when she started speaking. Anybody know what the disrepect Nicki was angry about?

Miley Cyrus said:
People forget that the choices that they make and how they treat people in life affect you in a really big way. If you do things with an open heart and you come at things with love, you would be heard and I would respect your statement. But I don’t respect your statement because of the anger that came with it.

And it’s not anger like, ‘Guys, I’m frustrated about some things that are a bigger issue.’ You made it about you. Not to sound like a (expletive), but that’s like, ‘Eh, I didn’t get my VMA.

What I read sounded very Nicki Minaj, which, if you know Nicki Minaj is not too kind. It’s not very polite. I think there’s a way you speak to people with openness and love. You don’t have to start this pop star against pop star war. It became Nicki Minaj and Taylor in a fight, so now the story isn’t even on what you wanted it to be about. Now you’ve just given E! News ‘Catfight! Taylor and Nicki Go at It.

I think it's a shame that Kanye West is wasting away his talent and energies on wild stunts like these when he could be doing actual positive things. I know that he's very popular and that this stunt will catapult him even further, but everything he does seems so contrived, fake and artificial to me, as a grown man.

I can't really blame him. He's married to the Kadarshans and those people mastered the art of the publicity stunt and how to exploit fame to earn money, and I can't blame the guy for making millions and millions doing that. The public is there and they want to throw money at them.. Why not exploit them?

I remember cringing at first at the whole VOTE OR DIE thing created by Puff Daddy a few years ago, but at least he was getting people involved, people were talking and those people actually went to vote. I hope Kanye will use his fame to get people informed about politics, and I hope that it will not be some grotesque vanity stunt.

I wish I could take this man seriously

Merc_

Seriously tho, somebody should tell Miley not to talk shit if she can't handle the fallout. That was a weak ass comeback.

andthebeatgoeson

Trust. It sucks. I'm 5'7 which is short for a black man. It sucked all the way until it didn't. You just gotta wait 'em out. Some where between their height requirements diving as fear sets in and your own confidence going up is the dating sweet spot.
Just walk by their house and say, 'I got a job' until they relent.

Sharapova mailing her L in early.

Merc_

All of the black people with speaking roles are now officially dead on FTWD. We're now about due for a new black to appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom