• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Fixed my sleeping schedule so that now i am not up and sleeping the same time as you guys while i am in a timezone that is 9hrs ahead.

Yeah waking up in the morning with an actual full night's sleep is fantastic.
Sleeping better compared to the last 3months shum?
Still fucked, brother..I'm convinced it's gonna be this way until next year. Not looking forward to it. I'm only getting between 2-3 hours a day. Not sure how long that is sustainable..

Numb

Congrats. can't remember the last time i had a full nights sleep.

Was feeling tired after going around towns with a bud yesterday and visited this old american themed burger joint with Marilyn monroe, Frank Sinatra and James dean posters all over the place. Also comes with the mandatory over sized American flag. That was the thickest burger i ever had.Even the ketchup was thicker than usual. So i crashed well hard all that.
Still fucked, brother..I'm convinced it's gonna be this way until next year. Not looking forward to it. I'm only getting between 2-3 hours a day. Not sure how long that is sustainable..
It seems like a serious matter. Hope nothing bad comes out of it. I am guessing you tried sleeping pills or staying up longer till you get tired enough to be out cold for a while?

Drinking helps lol..can't be doing that on a daily, though. Should have had a couple. Wasn't in the mood. I've just got things on my mind I can't change, and they weigh on me. It'll be over when it's over..

Jacir

My schedule is fucked too for the longest. I can't remember when I had a decent sleep in bed. But I had one of those quick naps on the couch, that nap was so good I felt like a superhero waking up.

Numb

Drinking helps lol..can't be doing that on a daily, though. Should have had a couple. Wasn't in the mood. I've just got things on my mind I can't change, and they weigh on me. It'll be over when it's over..
I can't drink anything since i'm such a light sleeper. Any noise or disturbance gets me up. Overthinking before sleeping i deal with alot. Unless i am dead tired i spend an hour sometimes more thinking about shit.
My schedule is fucked too for the longest. I can't remember when I a decent sleep in bed. But I had one of those quick naps on the couch, that nap was so good I felt like a superhero waking up.

Naps i never have much. Depends if you are tired. But whenever i do have one it seems like a slept enough to keep me going for another day.

mqBDvHD.gif

SfsCxcM.png
thank god for twitter, just saw this clip

that clapback

Shy

Was feeling tired after going around towns with a bud yesterday and visited this old american themed burger joint with Marilyn monroe, Frank Sinatra and James dean posters all over the place. Also comes with the mandatory over sized American flag. That was the thickest burger i ever had.Even the ketchup was thicker than usual. So i crashed well hard all that.
Dayum, that sounds fucking tasty.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Nicki got to laugh at her haters while walking up to get the reward and shitted on the corniest person in the room in the span of a few minutes....

Queen Nicki is real brehs
jawalrus.png

I am sure it is, if you are 14 and your favorite band is My Chemical Romance.

I don't think any 14 year old can really conceptualize meme theory. MGS is silly true but that juxtaposition with really heavy themes is that series' charm. It has its missteps but it isn't completely terribly written in the least, especially taking the entire series into account.

Slayven

Ended the show with a wretched ass performance and announcing a free surprise album NO ONE have a fuck about after Nicki came with the clapback.

L's on L's.

Like I said it had the worse kind of fuckery, the boring and corny kind. BET stay winning

MGS is polarizingly capricious, that's the main problem. It juggles serious, totally relevant themes (even pre-emptively so) in stuff like meme theory, social media expanding, the quality of media content being reduced to noise and entropy with the advent of the world wide web, etc. but it likes to do so while juggling Snake trying to knock "PTSD"-ridden [emotion] [animal] troops out by crushing their balls and guards shitting themselves. It's got some meat to it, but I don't blame people for not being able to fully get into it.

Kreed

Really hate the US news media during hurricane season. Florida hasn't been hit by a hurricane in 10 years but Al Roker and the rest of these clowns get everyone hyped up/scared into doing hurricane preparation every year (buying all the water, gas, etc...) and then nothing happens. Then you turn on the news and they are sitting around struggling to find damaged areas so they can justify all the money they spent preparing for "round the clock" hurricane news coverage. Yes of course there's flooding in Gainesville Al, it's Gainesville. Leave that to the local Gainesville news.

Really hate the US news media during hurricane season. Florida hasn't been hit by a hurricane in 10 years but Al Roker and the rest of these clowns get everyone hyped up/scared into doing hurricane preparation every year (buying all the water, gas, etc...) and then nothing happens. Then you turn on the news and they are sitting around struggling to find damaged areas so they can justify all the money they spent preparing for "round the clock" hurricane news coverage. Yes of course there's flooding in Gainesville Al, it's Gainesville. Leave that to the local Gainesville news.
Just lot of rain in my end (Midwest coast)..sunny as hell now. Didn't buy shit to prepare..fuck all that craziness. My bud in Miami got screwed out of his weekly water, forgetting that people down there get in a frenzy when the word hurricane is uttered..

Nicki is 32....

Why is she tryna beef with these young ass 20 something year old girls?

At the end of the day, Miley's an adult. If she wants to get at peers on a very public platform, especially on topics far beyond her scope, she should expect response.

If I become a notable writer and go after Jonathan Franzen for instance, he may be at least 2 decades older than me, but if it's against his character, I don't think defending himself is an issue.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
MGS is polarizingly capricious, that's the main problem. It juggles serious, totally relevant themes (even pre-emptively so) in stuff like meme theory, social media expanding, the quality of media content being reduced to noise and entropy with the advent of the world wide web, etc. but it likes to do so while juggling Snake trying to knock "PTSD"-ridden [emotion] [animal] troops out by crushing their balls and guards shitting themselves. It's got some meat to it, but I don't blame people for not being able to fully get into it.

I like the fact that the series is self aware that it's a video game while scraping the surface of some heavy subject matter.
I think the criticism would be far worse if they tried to keep it 100% serious.

Nice, there's three black characters in Fear the Walking Dead!

Oh look, they all died in the first two episodes. Imagine that.

You know the deal.
I lost that mj remix no nigga zombie smiley. I wonder if anybody saved it ?

Sou Da

No. It just gives exposition about these subjects, every character is just a collection of quirks and a mouthpiece for some essay Kojima. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's really fucking stupid.
I'll never get the whole "The Boss is the best female character in gaming" shit people go on about.

She has a great design and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom