• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Is this a cool character design guys?

Dwayne-Lost-Reavers-493x600.jpg

G-Fex

* insert megaman games don't exist joke*

Your avatar reminded me how shitty the worlds unite thing archie just did.

Its bad, thats like the worst comic book thing.

When the crossoever is bad, and you waisted like months on this and several books. And now some of the books are going away after the horrible crossover.

but my av is X. I don't know about any of the comics, I've only seen some pages of the regular MM comic which look pretty good. A crossover sounds bad cause...sonic's world is bad.

Sounds like you had high hopes in such a thing.

Also MM had about 10 good original games, 5 good x series games, a great 3D game. Sonic just dragging his face in the dirt at this point in his career.

Jacir

Haven't read the last few pages but I will do that when I have time. Anyway, just wanted to post this video that someone posted on the coli because MY GOD this sister is speaking truth from the beginning and doesn't seem like she is stopping. I'm only hàlfway and its that good. 38 minutes of truth.
https://youtu.be/RPSwvZk4nPA

Slayven

Gaf ads really want me to be a uber driver and buy 4 tires. I don't want either

Also I like the "rap with me thread"

also people tossing reddit gold to a racist using the old "black fbi statistics" argument
Basement dwellers love their racism
How does he walk with all that stuff strapped on him? Why does he need a sword and knives? Why a brother got tribal tats? What's with the glowing rave necklace?

Otherwise, he aight.
Kryptonite necklace

Village

but my av is X. I don't know about any of the comics, I've only seen some pages of the regular MM comic which look pretty good. A crossover sounds bad cause...sonic's world is bad.

Sounds like you had high hopes in such a thing.

Also MM had about 10 good original games, 5 good x series games, a great 3D game. Sonic just dragging his face in the dirt at this point in his career.
No the first crossover was fine. This one was ass because... Well because quite a few things, but im doing a review right now. But the shining and most glaring of issues, is that there wasn't enough space to fit capcom vs sega. They arent marvel where every event cant have every book dedicated to it, and restart books to dedicate to it. They only had about 12 books. So no one actually does shit

Also comic haa proved that the sonic world is aiight. The most recent head writer has consistently made sega look whole sale incompetent in how they reprisent characters.

As to your spoiler,
1) you arent giving mm enough credit in the good games, there is more than that.
2)Sonic is aiight, has a bunch of games i like. More to probably happen in future. Pretty good comic book and cartoon too. Exists, its doing aiiight.

Sadly no, a local book type might be able to special order it for you

Missed this.

Yeah, figured it was a long shot. Local stores are a no go too. Any kind of nerdish hobbies (comics, videogames, boardgames, etc) has their prices marked up to oblivion. Fuck that shit.

I'll grab it from Amazon.uk someday i guess.

Numb

Haven't read the last few pages but I will do that when I have time. Anyway, just wanted to post this video that someone posted on the coli because MY GOD this sister is speaking truth from the beginning and doesn't seem like she is stopping. I'm only hàlfway and its that good. 38 minutes of truth.
https://youtu.be/RPSwvZk4nPA
Oh man she is amazing. Was shocked at the end when she went back to being nice to say goodbye after that 30min hot fire spitting.
Ms. AMerica

3198474-america+david+1.jpg
Girl is cool.
Street looking clothes are the best hero clothes sometimes.

But he was/is on a 16 year old boy body. Them hormones are hard to control.

EDIT: also Loki has/had his book so it's not like he needs to feature on YA anymore.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
We like the look of Mount Pleasant as we've seen some nice places round there and the vibe round there seems nice.
That's where I live. It's amazing, not crazy gentrified yet but close to pretty much everything. Restaurant Row goes all the way up Main Street, you'll be in heaven. Come to the Reef at 26th if you want real Caribbean cooking, I took a couple of visiting GAFfers there a few years back and it blew their minds :D

Plus we can get downtown. Vancouver looks a hell of a lot easier to get round than London.
N5ENcLL.png

Only if you're already near downtown, ie. Cambie, Mt Pleasant, Olympic Village or Kitsilano. Take it from someone who lived in London for a bit, the tube is 1000x better for getting around London proper than our busted up Translink service. Traveling around the outer areas of the Lower Mainland on public transit? nope nope

G-Fex

No the first crossover was fine. This one was ass because... Well because quite a few things, but im doing a review right now. But the shining and most glaring of issues, is that there wasn't enough space to fit capcom vs sega. They arent marvel where every event cant have every book dedicated to it, and restart books to dedicate to it. They only had about 12 books. So no one actually does shit

Also comic haa proved that the sonic world is aiight. The most recent head writer has consistently made sega look whole sale incompetent in how they reprisent characters.

As to your spoiler,
1) you arent giving mm enough credit in the good games, there is more than that.
2)Sonic is aiight, has a bunch of games i like. More to probably happen in future. Pretty good comic book and cartoon too. Exists, its doing aiiight.

You're right.

So I think I should check out the MM comic then.

Portugal's also getting StarWars before US: YAY! :p

(I remember seeing Batman Begins a week before the worldwide release too due to some cinema festival!)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I finally caught Straight Outta Compton with my brother on Saturday. As someone who was fully into West Coast gangsta rap, the movie captured that late 80's/early 90's aesthetic perfectly. A lot of nostalgia triggers hitting me hard. I thought Yella's character got a lot more screentime than people were originally complaining about, frankly. If anyone got short shrift, it was MC Ren (incidentally, my fave rapper of the group).

Heard some noise about a possible Death Row movie thanks to the success of SOC, but that would be a waste of time to work on a story about an offshoot of NWA. What more could it bring to the table? More Snoop? I'd rather see a Tupac-focused biopic instead.

cdyhybrid

I finally caught Straight Outta Compton with my brother on Saturday. As someone who was fully into West Coast gangsta rap, the movie captured that late 80's/early 90's aesthetic perfectly. A lot of nostalgia triggers hitting me hard. I thought Yella's character got a lot more screentime than people were originally complaining about, frankly. If anyone got short shrift, it was MC Ren (incidentally, my fave rapper of the group).

Heard some noise about a possible Death Row movie thanks to the success of SOC, but that would be a waste of time to work on a story about an offshoot of NWA. What more could it bring to the table? More Snoop? I'd rather see a Tupac-focused biopic instead.

I'd love to see one on Wu Tang.

G-Fex

Even though I wasn't into hip hop ever during those days I still really got a nostalgia feel from the whole movie. Well done movie.

Suge Knight is the villain of the movie right?

Slayven

It amazes me how he transformed from tired uncle pimp to god fearing hard working family man

6 minutes into the goddamn show and woman stands up and immediately gets catcalled. shocked they didn't edit it

Extremely well done movie.

Everyones performances were top notch, you can tell this movie had a lot of thought put into it and how it wanted to present its story. I was really impressed and it was really cool to see Rap as a genre finally get its major biopic...

Honestly Notorious was meh compared to SOC.

The movie made its money back Day 1 so I have no idea what could be in talk next but they really should green light the Tupac biopic since that actor was casted perfectly.

I'd love to see one on Wu Tang.

Yes, please.

Village

You're right.

So I think I should check out the MM comic then.

Its pretty good , no one is buying it. Let them know you want it. I know you can't like fix, capcom strait up having missed messages on what megaman is since... the late 90's and their whole sale failure to advertise that character since around the start of last gen. But it really isn't doing so hot.

G-Fex

Its pretty good , no one is buying it. Let them know you want it. I know you can't like fix, capcom strait up having missed messages on what megaman is since... the late 90's and their whole sale failure to advertise that character since around the start of last gen. But it really isn't doing so hot.

I think I'll pick up the first volume, very good since i'm on a huge MM kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom