• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

What the hell? lol..
Yeah, even before the game came out there were too many threads, even for me, and i'm a massive MGS fan.
She explicitly dies in Ground Zeroes because although they took out the bomb in her stomach there was another one in her vagina. In MGSV they essentially retcon that, literally changing the scene also now she has selective amnesia so she's now the character she was pretending to be. This way the players get the waifu they always wanted from Peacewalker wanted with none of the baggage. Hopefully something meaningful is done with it later on but right now in the game it's pretty :scust:
I got really pissed off/depressed when i got to that bit. Wish it never happened.
There is no arguing with them. They are defending anime level madness without even knowing. Just the first hour has been the craziest stuff this whole year.
The the thing about Kojima is, there are some good themes in the series. it's just the plot and the script that let the side down.

Trust me though, i'm not blind to the legit bullshit, such as what Sou posted above.
But i quite enjoy the campy bits.

Numb

Pretty much. I learned this a long time ago with /v/ and MGS4, people have the opinion chiseled too hard into in them. The only way to even get them to second guess it is if you compare the writing to some other game they universally like. (I.e Witcher)
The fanboy glasses show different things other than what is displayed. The more people play the thing and think its awesome the harder it is to change the hive mind mentality.
It is so hard for them to take one step back and look at the thing fresh. So just ignoring them has been the best solution.

The the thing about Kojima is, there are some good themes in the series. it's just the plot and the script that let the side down.

Trust me though, i'm not blind to the legit bullshit, such as what Sou posted above.
But i quite enjoy the campy bits.

I love and prefer nonsense over seriousness any day. But you gotta know it is nonsense. There might be good stuff in there but you gotta keep in mind the rest aswell.
It does count towards the whole package.

Shy

I love and prefer nonsense over seriousness any day. But you gotta know it is nonsense. There might be good stuff in there but you gotta keep in mind the rest aswell.
It does count towards the whole package.
I do, and wish that the series just did the campy silly, rather than the idiotic silly (if you get what i mean)
But yeah i know where exactly you're coming from, and agree.

Numb

I do, and wish that the series just did the campy silly, rather than the idiotic silly (if you get what i mean)
But yeah i know where exactly you're coming from, and agree.

There are guys who can't see it(refuse to) i mean. They got MGS1 when it came out and think MGS series is the hottest noize ever. No arguing them with and no need to either.

I welcome all sorts of silly. I am about that life you know. Love that shit so it's alright with me. Just see it for what it is and never take it seriously is all i can say.
Running in circles now.

Numb

7e364ZZ.gif
What a fruitful thread.
A+.

akira28

I think we would prefer you to be around and not in the phantom zone or worse the ______-verse, chilling with *******_ and Agomotto and the black kid from Runaways.

just stop drinking from bowls. pray for an alien race to come uplift yo country ass. you a uhman nigga, mowgli please stand upright.

Numb

I think we would prefer you to be around and not in the phantom zone or worse the ______-verse, chilling with *******_ and Amogotto and the black kid from Runaways.

Thanks man. Other than these random weirdness i don't do much harmful stuff i'd like to think. Even then i'm calm till someone else starts it.

RedSwirl

I don't know if I've said it before here, but Kojima strikes me as one of those dues who can come up with good ideas, but seriously needs an editor to chisel away the insane bullshit. Metal Gear in terms of story could have been truly amazing if Kojima had a Gary Kurtz in his corner.

Crocodile

Ummm..hi. I'm Gordon. I make jokes. Furthermore, hi. I'm Gordon. I make jokes. I'll stop..sincerest apologise.
😕

I'm not upset (gif is too low on the fuckery scale for me to do anything but heartily laugh), I'm just saying you can't grab hold of some stick, throw it out, yell "go fetch" (check this out) and then when your dog goes to get it and brings it back chastise the dog :p

P.S. If there was an image or gif or something that was supposed to be at the end of your post, its not showing up properly. That may just be me and everybody else can see it fine?

Numb

Not a fan of dogs croc.
Hate and fear them from 7+yrs of getting chased by them almost everyday. Scary stuff.
Would prefer other comparison. See your point tho.
My stories seem so surreal sometimes they could be thought of as fantasy.Sadly true tho.

Numb

Me and the SO dig it.

We love Empire for the fuckery though.

So it's not complete butts? Good to know.

Really liked Empire. Looking forward to the new season and the plot that changes to fit the storyline whatever it may be.
The do whatever they want sometimes. Real crazy.

am I wrong?

He looks like eastern block goon #1 in a Cinemax action flick.

So it's not complete butts? Good to know.

Really liked Empire. Looking forward to the new season and the plot that changes to fit the storyline whatever it may be.
The do whatever they want sometimes. Real crazy.

It's not cutting edge or award winning but it gets the job done for what it is trying to be.

Numb

Alright, got another game purchase I can make in a few weeks. Should I pick up Witcher 3 or MGS V?
Both are really big and huge time sinks. Go for the series you are more familiar with or if you prefer guns over swords.
He looks like eastern block goon #1 in a Cinemax action flick.

It's not cutting edge or award winning but it gets the job done for what it is trying to be.

As long as it's not complete garbage it's cool.
Usually very tolerant and forgiving.

As long as it's not complete garbage it's cool.
Usually very tolerant and forgiving.

In terms of believability with the backdrop of a drug subject matter, it is way closer to New Jack City than it is to The Wire.

Like I said, decent for what it attempts to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom