• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
comics didn't exist for gaf until 2012

But on CBR and other boards? Man they showed their ass, especially when Terrific dared to say he was the 9th most smartest person on the planet.

You make it seem like gaf is reading comics now

Bubba T

It's amazing what people will come up with to avoid acknowledging racism.

There is no definitive proof that guy was targeted because he was black! Those five police officers were just assisting him with a up close look on that strand of grass growing out of a crack of pavement! Racism is over, guys!

There is no definitive proof that guy was targeted because he was black! Those five police officers were just assisting him with a up close look on that strand of grass growing out of a crack of pavement! Racism is over, guys!

My favorite's when they drop Obama onto the playing field like final piece of Exodia or some shit.

Numb

GIF-bs-bullshit-calling-BS-doubt-doubtful-eye-twitch-no-way-oprah-skeptical-SMH-squint-squinted-eyes-stink-eye-yeah-right-GIF.gif

It wasn't even the dad that got stabbed.
Holy hell.

Crocodile

It's amazing what people will come up with to avoid acknowledging racism.

First guy I saw who did it in that thread is a known Trump supporter so............. :/

EDIT: Welp he doubled down and got banned. Hopefully he(?) takes this time off to better educate themselves on the subject
(LOL of course they won't but it would be nice to hope)

Does anybody have a child that has autism? I need some advice. I think I saw someone post about having a daughter who was autistic. Maybe it was another forum.

Africanus

Mostly finished up my applications for college/university (Have to stay ahead of the game and all that).

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
University of Pennsylvania
Emory University
University of Chicago
University of Illinois at Chicago
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

Sort of abandoned M.I.T. not because I didn't feel I didn't have some semblance of chance, but because of lack of scholarship potential.

Bubba T

Mostly finished up my applications for college/university (Have to stay ahead of the game and all that).

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
Emory University
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

Sort of abandoned M.I.T. not because I didn't feel I didn't have some semblance of chance, but because of lack of scholarship potential.

Nice list. What degree are you seeking?

Numb

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
Emory University
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

tumblr_nudtfzRZDp1tdszlgo2_540.gif

Sending prayers and good luck.

Slayven

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
Emory University
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

Damn I thought you were like 36 with a kid. Man are you mature.

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
Emory University
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

I keep forgetting that I'm older than you.

D i Z

So my advertising course had a guest speaker today. It was the Chief Diversity Officer for the university and she was sharing some good stuff, but hardly anyone in the class outside of a handful really seemed to connect with it.

I could also feel about half the class trying to hit me with that force lightning when she asked why using the word "diversity" is considered troublesome in culturally-inclusive circumstances (related to advertising) and I answered "because there's a common stigma in advertising around, uh - for lack of a better way to put it - putting off or scaring white moderates."

She continued on with the discussion and explained it to the class a little further like it was a totally valid answer, too. Sub bigot trolling game is starting to creep into the real world.

They gotta learn sometime. At least right now, the way things are it's an easy pill to swallow. It could go down a lot rougher for some peoples sensibilities.

Trey

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
Emory University
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

what are you going for again?

Shy

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
Emory University
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

Break a leg fam.
ZOcTmr4.gif

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ugh. I hate this crap so much

One thing thats so dumb is that I read some articles and watch YouTube videos about Gay non-white guys being discriminated against in dating however on the other side of it the same guys making the complaints only want white guys and no one else. You would not believe the amount of gay profiles who only want white or white looking Latinos but then the creators themselves are Asian or Black.

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
Emory University
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

Why not Princeton or Stanford?

Africanus

what are you going for again?
Nice list. What degree are you seeking?

Trying to go for B.S. in bio-medical engineering as a pre-med.
Why not Princeton or Stanford?

I actually wouldn't have minded applying to Princeton, Stanford or UCLA. However, once one starts entering the 10+ range, it starts getting a tad costly for places with a low acceptance rate. On average applications are 55.00 $USD!
Damn I thought you were like 36 with a kid. Man are you mature.
I thought he was Morgan Freeman in Lucy
I keep forgetting that I'm older than you.
:( I'm still young and youthful. Although these comments happen in real life too. Why just yesterday a person joked that I was 65...
Sending prayers and good luck.
Break a leg fam.
Aww, thanks!

andthebeatgoeson

I actually wouldn't have minded applying to Princeton, Stanford or UCLA. However, once one starts entering the 10+ range, it starts getting a tad costly for places with a low acceptance rate. On average applications are 55.00 $USD!

:( I'm still young and youthful. Although these comments happen in real life too. Why just yesterday a person joked that I was 65...

Aww, thanks!
PM if you have any questions. Good luck.

Aww, thanks!

You have to pay to apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom