• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

People really don't want to acknowledge their racist beliefs. They even get an out with the whole "America was built on racism so I can blame it on that" thing but they'll instead tie themselves into knots to explain how what they believe has absolutely nothing to do with racism.

Slayven

People really don't want to acknowledge their racist beliefs. They even get an out with the whole "America was built on racism so I can blame it on that" thing but they'll instead tie themselves into knots to explain how what they believe has absolutely nothing to do with racism.

being called a racist is worse than actually being racist

At least I managed to roll a 20 with the thread so far. The OP's more or less shutting out the obvious clutter and baggage that typically comes with threads like these. I mean granted, there's some dumb drive-by posting going on, but the OP frames the whole situation in such a critical and communally self-aware light that none of them are really being taken seriously in the first place.

Slayven

At least I managed to roll a 20 with the thread so far. The OP's more or less shutting out the obvious clutter and baggage that typically comes with threads like these. I mean granted, there's some dumb drive-by posting going on, but the OP frames the whole situation in such a critical and communally self-aware light that none of them are really being taken seriously in the first place.

can't believe you did that on a phone

Mostly finished up my applications for college/university (Have to stay ahead of the game and all that).

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
University of Pennsylvania
Emory University
University of Chicago
University of Illinois at Chicago
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

Sort of abandoned M.I.T. not because I didn't feel I didn't have some semblance of chance, but because of lack of scholarship potential.

This is BCT, we know you goin to DeVry

Good lord I think it's better for some people to just admit that whiteness is better. Don't dkate around the issue or even subtly say that it's inherent in nature that white is better.

My lord NeoGaF

G-Fex

I told you all I'd do it and I finally did it.

ZECthQ4.jpg

stuffed cheese doritos from 7-11 I found this morning.

It's not good really. Think of it as that extra cheesy cheddar spray can cheese but warm (this wasn't really warm even, just slightly warm) And with a fall apart outer crust from the weight of the gooey tangy cheese inside.

Won't buy again.

deli2000

As in most cases, your mileage may vary. However, most colleges require a fee I believe, increasing linearly with the prominence and age of the college. I think my cheapest college was 45.00 $USD.

Man that is fucked up. The american college system baffles me.

Mostly finished up my applications for college/university (Have to stay ahead of the game and all that).

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
Emory University
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

Sort of abandoned M.I.T. not because I didn't feel I didn't have some semblance of chance, but because of lack of scholarship potential.

Go to Michigan. Best.

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
Emory University
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

IMO, if I had those choices, I'd either go for Howard (if they pay up) or Columbia.

Trying to go for B.S. in bio-medical engineering as a pre-med.

I actually wouldn't have minded applying to Princeton, Stanford or UCLA. However, once one starts entering the 10+ range, it starts getting a tad costly for places with a low acceptance rate. On average applications are 55.00 $USD!

:( I'm still young and youthful. Although these comments happen in real life too. Why just yesterday a person joked that I was 65...

Aww, thanks!

Good luck, man. Looking at your career choice, Howard isn't a bad look at all!

RedSwirl

The sleep schedule chronicles continue y'all.

So BCT told me it's better to get in three or four hours of sleep if you find yourself still awake past 4am. That shit ain't happening. Usually if I got to sleep past 4 I'm automatically waking up at like 12 or something. This week we've entered new territory. I don't know how but I ended up going to sleep from 3am to 3pm one day. And just this morning 4 to 2 or something. I don't even hear alarm clocks anymore. My daylight hours are shrinking.

I guess I should be glad this job I'm interviewing for is a 3-to-11 job.

zeemumu

In no particular order:

University of Michigan
Yale University
Harvard University
Howard University
Northwestern University
Emory University
University of Chicago
Columbia University
Saint Louis University

Good luck man. When I applied to college, I only applied to a few schools, and about 90% of them were UC's or Cal States.

Shy

ZECthQ4.jpg

It's not good really. Think of it as that extra cheesy cheddar spray can cheese but warm (this wasn't really warm even, just slightly warm) And with a fall apart outer crust from the weight of the gooey tangy cheese inside.

Won't buy again.
the dorito pope would be saddened to hear this.

Africanus

Man that is fucked up. The american college system baffles me.
Me as well :(
Go to Michigan. Best.
See if I were to rank it, I lean towards Northwestern and near the bottom is Michigan. Not that it's a bad school however! Just based on major potential and city location for future opportunity.
IMO, if I had those choices, I'd either go for Howard (if they pay up) or Columbia.
Good luck, man. Looking at your career choice, Howard isn't a bad look at all!
I did rather like the environment of Howard and Columbia when I visited them in years past (as asides on school trips/family visits). I'm hoping for a nice scholarship potential from Howard however.
Good luck man. When I applied to college, I only applied to a few schools, and about 90% of them were UC's or Cal States.
Yeah, this is more than I expected so that I have a nice range of local colleges, scholarship-potential colleges, prestigious/low acceptance college, and guaranteed colleges. Would have applied to Stanford but distance was a bit too much.

Crocodile

*Makes a post outlining why I think Sanders might have issues getting minority support for the nomination*

*Flub up a bit when I credit him for holding a higher office than he's actually ever had*

*People more interested in correcting (not that I don't appreciate having mistakes pointed out) me than discussing my points*

Ok then :/

Anyway, good luck on you applications Africanus. Any idea what you want to study?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.

ZECthQ4.jpg

Won't buy again.
If they even tasted like Doritos they'd be okay. They just kind of taste like nothing. You could make them at home ant it would be better.

Fuck, now I want Doritos...

If they even tasted like Doritos they'd be okay. They just kind of taste like nothing. You could make them at home ant it would be better.

Fuck, now I want Doritos...

Speaking of Doritos, I tried that Doritos taco from Taco Bell. Such a huge waste of money. Barely tasted the difference, and all I got for the extra 30-40 cents was a messier, dustier taco.

akira28

as long as he ain't grocery shopping at Dollar Tree he will be alright

20 dollars at Dollar Tree and you're good though. buy some of those 2 dollar canned hams, some 1 dollar loafs of bread, some giant bottles of unbranded red drink, and 3 mega bags of doritos and you've fed your family for most of a week.

akira28

*Makes a post outlining why I think Sanders might have issues getting minority support for the nomination*

*Flub up a bit when I credit him for holding a higher office than he's actually ever had*

*People more interested in correcting (not that I don't appreciate having mistakes pointed out) me than discussing my points*

Ok then :/

I have a working theory on this. Something to do with how we're trained from very young age to focus on 'specific correct answers' to specific questions, with the focus on being right or correct, instead of actually learning something, or doing some actual independent thinking not directed or influenced by the instructor.

So when something is 'wrong', some people revert to that student mentality in a setting where unless you behave/respond/parse information in a really specific way, everything you do is invalidated. and unless there is some greater force to keep up the structure of the event/gathering/conversation/exchange, then everything gets bogged down on that one point.

Reasons for this could vary. Teachers never made mistakes. There was never much room for discussion. Nonconformity wasn't just disdained, it was punished. and then there's the structure of our educational systems that are actually designed to mold the type of people we will grow up to be. And guess what? It works.

Slayven

20 dollars at Dollar Tree and you're good though. buy some of those 2 dollar canned hams, some 1 dollar loafs of bread, some giant bottles of unbranded red drink, and 3 mega bags of doritos and you've fed your family for most of a week.

Partimewarrior died but his legacy lives on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom