• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
that obama thread is just folks saying "see the president said i can say racist/sexist/fucked up shit and not be challenged. So nah nah boo boo".
super-obama_zpshv3ratza.gif

The ultimate black friend!

ReiGun

that obama thread is just folks saying "see the president said i can say racist/sexist/fucked up shit and not be challenged. So nah nah boo boo".
It never occurs to the anti-PC crowd that they're just as easily hurt and offended as those they rally against. Obama was talking specifically about being open-minded and engaging opposing views in the classroom. But folks decided to go all the way left with it.

Slayven

It never occurs to the anti-PC crowd that they're just as easily hurt and offended as those they rally against. Obama was talking specifically about being open-minded and engaging opposing views in the classroom. But folks decided to go all the way left with it.

they never see the irony, it is almost sad at this point

Trey

The persecution complex of people who say dumb shit and get called out on it is sort of cute. My favorite thing is how they call any rebuttal, no matter how small, an outrage. Like that time a couple people on twitter said some white girl with box braids was appropriating culture, it was an "outrage."

are people really saying that? because i read his statement and he was specifically talking about the exact opposite. everyone expressing their views and everyone's views being challenged.

Kreed

are people really saying that? because i read his statement and he was specifically talking about the exact opposite. everyone expressing their views and everyone's views being challenged.

Some people think when someone gives them a negative response to their opinions on social issues that they are being "silenced" and want to blanket label these responses as "outrage culture" and "SJW", etc... For example, that thread is getting filled with posters who probably have said something stupid in a social issues thread and have been called out/banned for it and are trying to relate Obama's speech to their "struggles".

Some people think when someone gives them a negative response to their opinions on social issues that they are being "silenced" and want to blanket label these responses as "outrage culture" and "SJW", etc... For example, that thread is getting filled with posters who probably have said something stupid in a social issues thread and have been called out/banned for it and are trying to relate Obama's speech to their "struggles".
Obama releasing them from their shackles..!

Slayven

Yeah that is exactly what is happening. Last dude that replied to my post said I was one of the vocal minority trying to silence people on gaf.

Nigga if I had such power? whew

zeemumu

Y'know what? How DO you get in shape when unemployed? Sure the time is there, but not the money for a gym membership or anything? Do you just save up to buy some weights?

I used to do an elliptical every morning but unemployment wrecked my sleep schedule so bad I could no longer wake up early enough for any serious workout. Now I just do push-ups and leg lefts whenever it is I might wake up (I made it to 50 push-ups). My uncle says I should spread smaller sets throughout the day. Advice?

Not sure what the goal is though. I'm 145lb/65kg which is about the weight people tell me I need to be for being
5'4"/162cm
. I already understand getting rid of the gut is mostly about diet.

The gym on campus is free. There's an indoor track, a pool, several basketball courts, and plenty of workout equipment. Plus I don't like lazing around the house all day so I'm not opposed to moving around.

Trey

What is black folks' stance on the frisbee?

fun for the kids and a cute diversion but bring a football next time.

You never know how real shit can get when a 65 year old grandmother pulls a straight razor out her bra on you.

Everyone got stories. Never playing spades with my aunts again if there is alcohol around.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I could have used this that one time I played dominos at a cookout

Made some mortal enemies that day. I had no etiquette.

I never graduated to the big table to play dominos with my dad and uncles. At best I was allowed to bring down the dominos table and set it up for them. :(

An update on me for the two people that may be curious

- Got a job
- On the verge of getting a place
- Got a girl whom I love very much
- Reconnected with my family (who paid off the rest of my past due bills)

Still broke as fuck though but I'm working on that.

- Got a job

Ohhhh shit. Beautiful, man. I'm so happy for you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

- Got a job

This is wonderful to hear Feenix. Really good.

- Got a job

Congrats, brother..real glad to hear that.

He came to free the white man, Gordon. That's just how good he is.
lol..his mama done good.

Numb

- Got a job

Good going.
Good to hear.

BlackJace

- Got a job

These are all W's, breh

- Got a job

Blessings on blessings. Good shit, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom