• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Thanks for sharing your story. That guy sounds like an insecure piece of shit, like most racists.

andthebeatgoeson

Well, if it will make you feel any better, you can post that as a thread and a lot of experts will tell you it's not even racism because you can't be sure.

On the flip side, you have an excellent window into how women feel after being raped. So, you'll be more empathetic.

'Are you sure he meant to hold you down and force himself onto to you? You really shouldn't see the world thru these lenses.'

This is my way to say I'm sorry.

We have allowed too many people to feel comfortable with racism. They call it 'coincidence', 'happenstance', 'anger' or a whole another bunch of bull shit. I'm optimistic. Forcing these discussions is a way connect with reasonable people.

Just 15 years ago, I used to say a ton of bad words. By being 'reasonable' and interacting with Reasonable people from different backgrounds, I have changed. I am even catching myself from saying the 'R' word. It's amazing. You never know when you will bump into these reasonable people and how it will impact you or them.

Another example: Me and another brotha at work put one of our colleagues on the spot by asking if he thought certain people would object to their family or friends dating a black guy. We are convinced there are people like that. And it's a taboo topic. But as two professional black guys, it's kind of a topic no black guy can skirt around. So, I say, fuck it. Might as well start having these conversations. Can't let them slide.

Now, the colleague seemed really uncomfortable but I can't understand where people stand if I never bring it up. And I'm tired of letting people, close to me, not know what's going thru my head.

This is all just a way to say, keep sharing. It's helpful. Some are evident, some you'll never be able to count.

And even though I wasn't there, let me translate: 'I feel sorry for your mother. He's an animal.' Insecure son of a bitch.

Edit: Oh yeah, ain't nothing worse than a cock blocking son of a bitch. Oh, I want to smack him from 8000 miles away.

Slayven

Just posting this from the Asian thread because it took place in China. It's not the first time I experienced what I believed to be some kind of racism but it's the first time some thing like this ever depressed me slightly.

I am living in Beijing for a while and I'm only in my 2nd week. I was riding the subway today and I nodded and smiled to a woman across from me. I'm the type of guy that if we meet eyes, I acknowledge you, smile and nod. Man, woman, young or old. That's just what I do. She smiled back and said hello in English. I asked if she spoke English and simple conversation started.

She asked if I had wechat, it's their allowed social media, it's all the rage in Beijing! It's like miiverse but with AMAZING video chat. When I pull out my phone the guy sitting next me started saying something. By the looks of her face and her friend next to her I can tell it's no good. I just figured the guy was saying be careful of foreigners or something so I just smiled and tried to roll with it.

He keeps talking and talking and talking, then he begins to get just a little louder. I start looking around the train and everyone's faces are in shock. People are leaning over and looking at me with these... expressions, I don't know! I didn't even try to understand what he was saying but the way people were looking at me I just started to shrink inside. On the outside I was cool and just smiled, though I could feel the discomfort setting in.

Both ladies were trying to say something to get him to just stop and the embarrassment on their faces was clear. I felt so bad for them. My stop couldn't come soon enough. I looked over at one girl down the train just staring at me with the biggest eyes ever. I couldn't bare to look at anyone else.

I got up, I said "sorry" in mandarin and I got out of there. The two ladies got off the train as well and just waited for the next one to pass. They couldn't stay on that same car with the man. I don't know what he said but their faces man! I thought one of the ladies was going to cry. To make light of the situation I just smiled, laughed and told them it was ok and that things like that happen from time to time. They kept apologizing to me saying that "Chinese people aren't like that, they are very friendly" etc etc. I asked about what he said and they would not dare to repeat anything.

When I said good bye to the ladies I could feel my lips quiver trying to force a smile. I hope they couldn't see through my facade. I was worried that If they thought I felt bad they might have felt even worse.

Just in case you are wondering I am half black and half white. I identify myself as mostly black(what ever that means) as I only knew that side of my family and I'm very light skinned. I've dealt with all kinds of jacked up stuff before but this today was different. For what ever reason the whole situation just made me feel really bad and I don't even know why. I can only guess not being able to defend myself is a reason. Not to mention my imagination is running wild about what the man could have said! It's probably not as bad as I am assuming but the people's faces! I don't want anyone to ever look at me like that again.

Just last week a taxi wouldn't take me because he straight up said he was afraid of me. I thought it was the funniest thing ever and didn't think twice about it beyond wanting to tell a funny story to friends. This however, this was different.

If I can post a pic, maybe you can tell me if I look threatening, hahaha!

Still love Beijing though!

Sorry that wen down like that.

Numb

Not even 12 year olds are safe from the consequences of looking at a white woman the wrong way.
Kid is just a fan of Bish and is imitating his hero...
SLJ.gif

Should have done it in a remote area tho.

That's crazy
Hope things turn out ok.

Slayven

If you break down "Regulators" Warren G is kind of a bitch. But Nate Dogg is the ultimate friend, save your life AND get you laid.

If you break down "Regulators" Warren G is kind of a bitch. But Nate Dogg is the ultimate friend, save your life AND get you laid.

I'm not exactly sure what it is about having guns pulled on you by multiple people so they can rob you makes him a bitch but the track definitely makes Nate Dogg out to be a modern day Doc Holiday for sure.

I've been having work done to my condo for the past month. OI can't wait til this is done. I haven't had a home cooked meal in over a month. You can only have so much papa johns before you're ready to call it quits. As long as everything is done in time for my dad's birthday dinner, I'll be happy. There'll be serious hell to pay if it isn't. I'm talking bringing the thunder

I swear Bomani's gotta suffer from some sort of bipolar disorder.

One minute he's dropping real talk, the next he's being the corniest black man he can be

Warren G's fault for rolling alone. That is why I always ride with Jandra, nigga is always ready with the steel

1) lmao at that pic
2) How the fuck was Warren G supposed to know that the dudes playing dice were not only strapped up, but wouldn't even let him say "what's up" before busting them out?

akira28

1) lmao at that pic
2) How the fuck was Warren G supposed to know that the dudes playing dice were not only strapped up, but wouldn't even let him say "what's up" before busting them out?

well don't walk up on a bunch of dudes you don't know, in your new car, smelling like money, wanting to get in on their dice game. He was just being way too friendly.

Young Magus

Just posting this from the Asian thread because it took place in China. It's not the first time I experienced what I believed to be some kind of racism but it's the first time some thing like this ever depressed me slightly.

I am living in Beijing for a while and I'm only in my 2nd week. I was riding the subway today and I nodded and smiled to a woman across from me. I'm the type of guy that if we meet eyes, I acknowledge you, smile and nod. Man, woman, young or old. That's just what I do. She smiled back and said hello in English. I asked if she spoke English and simple conversation started.

She asked if I had wechat, it's their allowed social media, it's all the rage in Beijing! It's like miiverse but with AMAZING video chat. When I pull out my phone the guy sitting next me started saying something. By the looks of her face and her friend next to her I can tell it's no good. I just figured the guy was saying be careful of foreigners or something so I just smiled and tried to roll with it.

He keeps talking and talking and talking, then he begins to get just a little louder. I start looking around the train and everyone's faces are in shock. People are leaning over and looking at me with these... expressions, I don't know! I didn't even try to understand what he was saying but the way people were looking at me I just started to shrink inside. On the outside I was cool and just smiled, though I could feel the discomfort setting in.

Both ladies were trying to say something to get him to just stop and the embarrassment on their faces was clear. I felt so bad for them. My stop couldn't come soon enough. I looked over at one girl down the train just staring at me with the biggest eyes ever. I couldn't bare to look at anyone else.

I got up, I said "sorry" in mandarin and I got out of there. The two ladies got off the train as well and just waited for the next one to pass. They couldn't stay on that same car with the man. I don't know what he said but their faces man! I thought one of the ladies was going to cry. To make light of the situation I just smiled, laughed and told them it was ok and that things like that happen from time to time. They kept apologizing to me saying that "Chinese people aren't like that, they are very friendly" etc etc. I asked about what he said and they would not dare to repeat anything.

When I said good bye to the ladies I could feel my lips quiver trying to force a smile. I hope they couldn't see through my facade. I was worried that If they thought I felt bad they might have felt even worse.

Just in case you are wondering I am half black and half white. I identify myself as mostly black(what ever that means) as I only knew that side of my family and I'm very light skinned. I've dealt with all kinds of jacked up stuff before but this today was different. For what ever reason the whole situation just made me feel really bad and I don't even know why. I can only guess not being able to defend myself is a reason. Not to mention my imagination is running wild about what the man could have said! It's probably not as bad as I am assuming but the people's faces! I don't want anyone to ever look at me like that again.

Just last week a taxi wouldn't take me because he straight up said he was afraid of me. I thought it was the funniest thing ever and didn't think twice about it beyond wanting to tell a funny story to friends. This however, this was different.

If I can post a pic, maybe you can tell me if I look threatening, hahaha!

Still love Beijing though!

Bruh sorry to hear that you had such an experience.

Thankfully the two ladies tried to help ya feel better afterword tho.

The dude can go to hell tho, pos

Warren G's fault for rolling alone. That is why I always ride with Jandra, nigga is always ready with the steel

Brave Star was my shit back in the day, but you can't go back. Watched an episode a year or so ago and it was just awful! They were lookin for some guy at a space jazz concert or something, and the horse just got up on 2 legs and started walking. The connotation that this mother fucker could walk as a bipedal being but was forced to go on all fours for this space cowboy was to much for me at 2 am.

Anyway question time.

I was getting gas last night and when the attendant gave me my change he said "day one" to me. Now is that some type of variant on have a good day that I've never heard, or was this some illuminati/race war/born again thing?

Numb

Trying to get this guy to kick his stupid student in the dick or atleast beat him up in alley at night wearing a mask but it ain't working. Need help.

Shy

Trying to get this guy to kick his stupid student in the dick or atleast beat him up in alley at night wearing a mask but it ain't working. Need help.
You're joking right. ?
Why would you do that, are you cool giving us more context. ?

akira28

grown man needs to know how to deal with a bullying kid without fear of career, in absence of video cameras and witnesses.

Because a kid who would bully an adult would do worse to a child.

Numb

Kreed

The fact that he was sitting right next to you/knew he could say what ever he wanted once he knew you only spoke English and the majority of the people on the train just "looking" says a lot about the situation. You did the right thing though/handled the situation the best you could as a foreigner. Hopefully the rest of your time in China will be more enjoyable/as you learn the language you'll become more equipped to deal with cowards like that.

FreeMufasa actually had a similar story/experience on a train but it was in Japan and from what I remember it was three white male foreigners being mad that he was there and talking shit/thinking he couldn't understand them, and I think they wanted to attack him but he got away since he knew what they were planning.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Anybody on twitch ?
Link me and I'll follow.

I never realized how hard it was to stream and play at the same time. New found respect for some of those top streamers.

Slayven

Brave Star was my shit back in the day, but you can't go back. Watched an episode a year or so ago and it was just awful! They were lookin for some guy at a space jazz concert or something, and the horse just got up on 2 legs and started walking. The connotation that this mother fucker could walk as a bipedal being but was forced to go on all fours for this space cowboy was to much for me at 2 am.

Anyway question time.

I was getting gas last night and when the attendant gave me my change he said "day one" to me. Now is that some type of variant on have a good day that I've never heard, or was this some illuminati/race war/born again thing?

You could probably get a PHD talking about all the fucked up shit in 80s cartoons

Rembrandt

Banned
Watching the first episode of Narcos. Shit is pretty good. Netflix is really killing it with their original programming. Crazy how they've progressed and still have no real competition through the years. Should have put money in back when they had that stock drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom