• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

Why are grits being compared to oatmeal? Oatmeal is usually sweetened and eaten with fruits.

Unless. The grits are sweetened too? You wouldn't do that would you, BCT? Just go into your grits pot and put sugar in it?

Africanus

Ok.

We've waged the great chicken wars.

Now for the next battle:

Grits (breakfast style only), cream of wheat, or oatmeal?

Cream of wheat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Y'all childers never had good oatmeal if you think grits or cream of wheat are better than it.

Why are grits being compared to oatmeal? Oatmeal is usually sweetened and eaten with fruits.

Unless. The grits are sweetened too? You wouldn't do that would you, BCT? Just go into your grits pot and put sugar in it?

I sweeten my grits. Not from the pot, though.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
What does grits taste like, I live in the north so I've never had it. Also, how much does it cost? I can get a container of 52 packets of oatmeal for dirt cheap.

royalan

What does grits taste like, I live in the north so I've never had it. Also, how much does it cost? I can get a container of 52 packets of oatmeal for dirt cheap.

Grits is like the vodka of hot cereals, in that it doesn't really have its own taste, but it makes a great base for other flavors.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Grits is like the vodka of hot cereals, in that it doesn't really have its own taste, but it makes a great base for other flavors.
Never thought of it like that.
ohhh.png

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Ok.

We've waged the great chicken wars.

Now for the next battle:

Grits (breakfast style only), cream of wheat, or oatmeal?

Cream of wheat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

roy on point with this one, grits comes second, and oatmeal comes last (don't hate oatmeal though)

People who say vodka doesn't have its own taste are people you shouldn't listen to.

are you white girl wasted right now?

akira28

WTF... How does this sound so silly yet make so much sense?

why does it sound silly? look at the origins of vodka and the origins of grits. They're one in the same. Tasteless grain based foodstuff to pacify the poor masses. And only the rillest niggas will just sit there in coveralls, on their front porch quaffing large amounts of both.

potato salad. yellow or white?

Trey

What Bernie do this time?

I hope BLM runs up on hillary like this, especially because she's gonna be the nominee, and the probable president.

Trey

I don't believe any of the candidates will care or do much about minority rights.

They care insomuch as they will do what they need to in order to be elected.

I think Hillary and Bernie both are interested in closing the wage gap and alleviating poverty.

Bernie Sanders is a bona fide dumbass.

Saw the Sanders fans piling on you in that thread. Yeesh.

I haven't done a great job of keeping up with politics and the various candidates' plans for tackling racism, but the reactions of Sanders' supporters toward people who dare question his commitment to black issues is really fucking off-putting. If these are the types of people who are going to be influencing the direction Sanders takes his campaign in, then I question whether Sanders really would be the best candidate to address racial issues.

That said, I'll give Sanders some credit; some of the quotes I've seen attributed to him do make me think he "gets it" to an extent. However, he's completely failed to demonstrate that in the BLM confrontations. Frankly, he's just come across as kind of incompetent both times.

EDIT: Also, hi, everyone. This is my first time posting here.

I'll be front row at the black quidditch match

That shit would be hype and I can imagine brothas doing stunts on the brooms. I like that Amandla casting suggestion and it is so true that the school wouldn't use slave labor if it was a HBCU. As much as Dumbledore did in the wizarding world, fighting for the abolishment of slavery was just too much of an inconvenience for him. I'm somewhat surprised that none of the black wizards didn't comment on this fuckery, but they didn't appear much anyway.

The funny thing is, after the Bernie protest a few weeks ago, he talked about how much black lives mattered for about a week straight. This stuff works, and it gets candidates talking about our issues. Why are his supporters so angered by this? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom