• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do I get in on this #BlackLivesMatter conspiracy? If niggas is plotting that means somebody is getting paid...

Shit, next time Bernie is in Philly I'll hop on that stage and ask if he was #TeamBrandy or #TeamMonica in the 90s...

Put me on. Let's get this guap.

yeah, i need my BLM check to buy a Wii U.

zeemumu

People bag on Halle Berry for that catnip scene in Catwoman, but what the hell is this?!
tumblr_n8m3pa6noo1qimi3zo3_500.gif

andthebeatgoeson

Cept this wasn't BLM... and did he run away? I mean he gave up the mic because you know why not let them scream their heads off and look like unprepared idiots. I believe he left when they refused to give the mic back and just kept trolling.
He was supposed to speak. He didn't. A few weeks after the same thing happened. Cats can't even buy security. His job is to talk to the people. Sounds like he needs another approach.

But if you see protesters as idiots, what can I say?

He was supposed to speak. He didn't. A few weeks after the same thing happened. Cats can't even buy security. His job is to talk to the people. Sounds like he needs another approach.

But if you see protesters as idiots, what can I say?

Those particular protesters are. What was their specific message exactly? Shut Bernie down... They did that. Call all the audience white supremacists? This is constructive how?

There is no rule book to protesting but I think we can agree they have to be constructive in someway at the very least. For instance have your message be clear? Actually be affiliated with the group your supposing to represent IE BLM?

zeemumu

I haven't really kept up on politics recently, but is the reasoning that he's done a lot in the past but hasn't done much recently and has been dodging the issue and that's the justification for the protest? Is there someone else who's running who's been more straightforward on the issue/would be more likely to attempt to tackle racial issues while in office? Because if not then this may be counterproductive in the long run.

If Bernie's full of it on his promises for change and they want to dismantle him then fine, but what happens after that? Isn't that similar to picking the worse option in an ultimatum? None of these were rhetorical questions. I really want an answer so I can understand.

That's the Lament Configuration of threads.

andthebeatgoeson

Those particular protesters are. What was their specific message exactly? Shut Bernie down... They did that. Call all the audience white supremacists? This is constructive how?

There is no rule book to protesting but I think we can agree they have to be constructive in someway at the very least. For instance have your message be clear? Actually be affiliated with the group your supposing to represent IE BLM?
Oh, no spontaneous protest but clear, planned out protest? Do you go to school for that? Classes on how to merge your emotional reaction with logic?

You won't get me to agree with you when our history is founded in protest. People realizing that things needed to change and throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

What you see as logical, constructive or clear may have been born from necessity.

And you ignore the reason for protest. Frustration with current situations and an intense desire for change. A groundswell of people interested in change. Successful protest needs people to fail so others can succeed. There is no common strand on how to succeed. To eliminate 'bad' protest would eliminate protest. The Boston Tea Party wasn't some grand plan, calculated. Just frustration boiling over. And vastly different from the sit ins of the civil rights movement. Or the civil war. Or blm. Or gay rights. Different times, eras and means of attack.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
These are people that claim to be our allies lol

No, they think that you're supposed to be their allies. There's a difference.

Step out of line and the tone quickly changes, as if they're talking down to an ungrateful child.

Trey

royalan got folks dropping tomes on him. Dude was gonna go out tonight but thought telling his life story to you was a better bet.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174768756&postcount=817

...uhhh

I honestly don't know how to respond to this post. It's clearly heartfelt, but it has very, very little to do with what I was talking about.

Say what you want. Just outline that it's not what you were talking about. Find common ground?

I always hate trying to respond to emotionally charged friends and posts as well when a debate is going on.

EDIT: You should be getting your conspiracy check now that you've been chosen as a representative of BLM.

Afrocious

Just now realized this is OT12. Sup.

I figured I'd lurk a bit and post since I feel some sort of way about that Bernie thread that's up atm. I'm grossed out by the frequent othering in that thread and it's kind of bringing up sentiments I have about this board and white liberalism. Maybe I'm mad. I don't know.

Where you're from - New York
Where you live - North Carolina
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Dad's Jamaican and my mom was born in NC
Do you know your roots - Sort of.
Favorite musical genre - hip hop on the experimental end, or anything with heavy bass
Your profession/major/career interest - software developer/engineer/dude who codes for food
Your religious affiliation - no clue. leaning toward atheism today
Hobbies - playing video games and writing about them. telling myself i like to write stuff. programming stuff. lifting weights and being annoyingly healthy.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes. Goddamn I miss fried chicken.

Merc_

lol

"Those women represent all of BLM! They are trying to destroy Sanders!"

*Sanders supporters go nuts on twitter*

"All these supporters are individuals and shouldn't be painted with the same brush. (BLM too i guess)"

Shy

I figured I'd lurk a bit and post since I feel some sort of way about that Bernie thread that's up atm. I'm grossed out by the frequent othering in that thread and it's kind of bringing up sentiments I have about this board and white liberalism. Maybe I'm mad. I don't know.

What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Dad's Jamaican and my mom was born in NC
Favorite musical genre - hip hop on the experimental end, or anything with heavy bass
Your profession/major/career interest - software developer/engineer/dude who codes for food
Hobbies - playing video games and writing about them. telling myself i like to write stuff. programming stuff. lifting weights and being annoyingly healthy.
Welcome welcome.

You can rant in here if you want, it's a safe place.

What is your age? - 25

How many times per week do you participate in your local knockout king game?

Trey

I talked my shit about Power season 1, but the season 2 finale was legitimately good.

Some good payoff, with just enough intrigue to keep things interesting in season 3.

Welcome to the fray, Africious.

I talked my shit about Power season 1, but the season 2 finale was legitimately good.

Some good payoff, with just enough intrigue to keep things interesting in season 3.

Welcome to the fray, Africious.

i still need to watch this, i have such a huge netflix/hulu/anime backlog, sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom