• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

how bout dem Ravens tho

TJPlFzh.jpg

ApharmdX

Banned
Here's a link to the PD's Twitter account. It's enlightening. Be sure to note the amount of photos posted of white suspects (none) vs. black suspects(all).

PG county is mostly black. About 65%. And it's troubled, from a crime perspective. I'm not trying to defend the officer in that video, because he strikes a handcuffed man in the face at least twice, which to me is unconscionable. But PG has some pretty big challenges from a policing standpoint.

akira28

PG isn't that bad. It gets a lot of spill over from the DC area, but if they were to focus on property crime and the war on drugs didn't exist, it would look like a completely different picture. There were cops everywhere though. PG is known for that.

Numb

I tried to buy the Halo 5 bundle a couple of hours ago, but it didn't accept the card for some reason, gonna find out in the morning why.

Hope something else besides Scalebound comes out, otherwise that's the only two games i'll have on the machine. Dunno, seems kinda like a waste to get a console for just two games.

I signed for up the Slaent Halo clan, is that where you mans will be, or are we going to have a separate "good ones" clan.?

Cuphead looks cool and KI aswell if you like fighters.
That Rare bundle has a bunch of games and Sunset overdrive sounds awesome.
They are no Halo or Scalebound tho.

PG isn't that bad. It gets a lot of spill over from the DC area, but if they were to focus on property crime and the war on drugs didn't exist, it would look like a completely different picture. There were cops everywhere though. PG is known for that.
Yup. Hey..we having a drink when we get back up!

Shy

Cuphead looks cool and KI aswell if you like fighters.
That Rare bundle has a bunch of games and Sunset overdrive sounds awesome.
They are no Halo or Scalebound tho.
I'm gonna get Cuphead on PC. and i don't like KI.

But yeah i know what you're saying.

Numb

I'm gonna get Cuphead on PC. and i don't like KI.

But yeah i know what you're saying.

Yeah if you got a PC it is much easier to find reasons not to own either of the consoles since they just deny games from each other but leave things for the PC still.

ApharmdX

Banned

Isn't that bad compared to what? It's not that bad compared to Baltimore, which is on-pace for over 300 homicides in 2015, yes. But compared to the rest of Maryland outside of Bmore PG has a crime problem.

PG county cops have a bad reputation, though, and yeah, there are a ton of them.

Shy

Yeah if you got a PC it is much easier to find reasons not to own either of the consoles since they just deny games from each other but leave things for the PC still.
Yeah, that's why i've been so conflicted about picking up a X1. Maybe the card being turned down was a blessing in disguise. *shurg* i really don't know though, can't make up my mind.

One fo the arguments i've been making to myself is, If i got a lot of play out H5 with you guys, that make it worth it.

Numb

Yeah, that's why i've been so conflicted about picking up a X1. Maybe the card being turned down was a blessing in disguise. *shurg* i really don't know though, can't make up my mind.

One fo the arguments i've been making to myself is, If i got a lot of play out H5 with you guys, that make it worth it.

H5 is probably the biggest reason to get one now.
I am sure there are more than enough people here and around HaloGAF up to play.

Numb

Hope so. You getting it. ?

Don't got an X1 but was interested in the singleplayer co-op with my bro till i heard no splitscreen.Interest has gone down and even more so with KI coming to PC. Haven't played online MP shooters for a very long time. Scalebound all that's got my attention on that side unfortunately.

Shy

Don't got an X1 but was interested in the singleplayer co-op with my bro till i heard no splitscreen.Interest has gone down and even more so with KI coming to PC. Haven't played online MP shooters for a very long time.
Ahhhh. that's shame.

akira28

Isn't that bad compared to what? It's not that bad compared to Baltimore, which is on-pace for over 300 homicides in 2015, yes. But compared to the rest of Maryland outside of Bmore PG has a crime problem.

PG county cops have a bad reputation, though, and yeah, there are a ton of them.

The rest of Maryland outside of Montgomery county and maybe Waldorf is exoburbia approaching farmland...

PG county is right on the border of DC, a focal point of wealth and poverty. Baltimore is the same situation. But PG county isn't as bad as the problem gets characterized, and the solution isn't and hasn't been more policing.(which was on the last ballot) In context, I have stopped looking at it as a "crime problem" and more like a present reality. I'm done with letting the prison industrial complex and their colluding partners in politics define what's going on. The "crime problem" is like "world hunger" never meant to be defeated. But crime rates can be brought down with new economic opportunities, jobs, direct community action that doesn't come at the point of a gun, etx.

Clans coming back is great news for finding players in H5. The SLAENT one is already almost full, but there's talk of opening up a second one.

If i get an X1 tomorrow it will kill all my money for both this and next month, so i won't be able too. Sorry my fam.

Will you be getting the Halos. ?
Don't even have an xbox..also, never been a fan of halo. I played the beta (PS4) on my wife's system. Actually preordered the bundle. Wasn't planning on it, but I enjoyed it so much..can't say no.
Back at work. Next paycheck will have exactly one day of work on it. Poetry was written in my stay at home while bored moments.
Good to hear, brother..

Shy

The decision to remove local splitscreen is weird.
Can't do anything about tho so just gotta deal with it.
Yeah, i've never liked how developers pick either local or online. why not both, ya know.
Back at work. Next paycheck will have exactly one day of work on it. Poetry was written in my stay at home while bored moments.
Congrats.
Don't even have an xbox..also, never been a fan of halo. I played the beta (PS4) on my wife's system. Actually preordered the bundle. Wasn't planning on it, but I enjoyed it so much..can't say no.
Damm. that's a shame, hopefully i can find some money down the line and pick Battlefield.

RedSwirl

The PS4 will start to justify itself next year but this is definitely how it's felt for at least the last 12 months.

Numb

Yeah, i've never liked how developers pick either local or online. why not both, ya know.
Halo is a multiplayer game so it was easy for them. Also think you can still play co-op with online people.
They just didn't put the local ones which were pretty hype for some people.

Thanks. I'm more of a prose guy but occasionally the mood hits and something gets done.

Keep it up man.
You don't come across these sort of stuff much.
The PS4 will start to justify itself next year but this is definitely how it's felt for at least the last 12 months.
Indeed. More X1 than PS4. Got all those Japan stuff coming on.
BB was the biggest thing to keep people on for the past too.

Idk i've been enjoying the hell out of my PS4. my PS3 sounded like it was struggling to keep up with games the last few years and some game looked like they were supposed to be on next gen.

D i Z

Idk i've been enjoying the hell out of my PS4. my PS3 sounded like it was struggling to keep up with games the last few years and some game looked like they were supposed to be on next gen.

Agreed. I haven't had many days where my PS4 hasn't been on and playing something.
I've been replaying Uncharted 3 on my PS3 lately just to refresh my memory. The sounds coming out of that machine make me thankful that the new generation didn't take any longer to arrive than it did.

Bubba T

I was wrong it was the 2001 federal tax code, she could draw power from fiction and imagination, so he dumped her in the most unimaginative thing he could find.

Au contraire my good man. I'd argue that the federal tax code is the most imaginative thing around. I mean, who could of thought a collective of government officials would actually think this shit up?

Slayven

Au contraire my good man. I'd argue that the federal tax code is the most imaginative thing around. I mean, who could of thought a collective of government officials would actually think this shit up?

I imagine a bunch of interns and office mangers actually think it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom