• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can do both, I expect your 2.99 when I release the "The Minstrel Mage" on Amazon.

About a black teen that gets transported to a fantasy universe where his skills with rapping allows him to master the music based magic system.

Ever heard of Wyrd Is Bond? It's an RPG from 2004 that pretty much does that.

From the publishers site said:
Step into the seedy underbelly of street gangs, magic, and folk willing to do whatever it takes for a score. In Wyrd is Bond, you play slingers, magical gang-bangers, who use the tools taught to them by The Alley Star, Hermes Trismegistus, and even the Devil himself. Magic has hit the mainstream and slingers-turned-rappers are burning up the charts and have traded their juju for gold records and their back-alley roots for fast cars and villas on the coast.

Back home, in the drug-riddled, gun-crazy ‘burbs of South Central, young slingers serve as soldiers in wars older than they can imagine.

So. Yeah.

we stash money in the sneaker box ofcourse.
Fireproof safe is cheap..damn lol.
ya'll need to stop opening doors for these white women

 #jandro
200w.gif

The worst crime you can commit as a minority is scaring/making a white person uncomfortable.
It's why I stopped riding my bike till I get back to DC..although that story is making it seem like that might be a bad idea. Who moves to a city where black people outnumber white by who even fucking knows if you can't handle being around black people? Seriously..

akira28

It's why I stopped riding my bike till I get back to DC..although that story is making it seem like that might be a bad idea. Who moves to a city where black people outnumber white by who even fucking knows if you can't handle being around black people? Seriously..

"But housing prices are so good in the city now, Gordo! and the city's safe. My coworker lives in Capital blah blah and she walks her dog at 3 am and no one is out there but her and the police"

"But housing prices are so good in the city now, Gordo! and the city's safe. My coworker lives in Capital blah blah and she walks her dog at 3 am and no one is out there but her and the police"
I tell you, when I saw that it was a white woman in SE it took me by surprise. Guess shit really is changing over there. That blows, because I like that feeling of not being suspicious for existing. It's truly what I love about DC and why I can't wait to get back there. This story is troubling..

akira28

There was a quick minute when people were thinking the city really was changing and that things were improving. The police weren't all over as much, the crime rate was lowish, new things were coming to the city, some new and nice things were already there. People didn't expect to be priced out of the process though. And that's what happened. The locals wanted to move up, but the rest of the country wanted to move in, and they had more money. So that low and affordable rent property suddenly became upper middle class property. Free market spoke.

Its quiet, it's different, and police are everywhere in droves. I wonder if they had a hiring drive in the last couple years if I thought about it...It's not terrible. But it is terrible that incidents like this can happen in "chocolate city" and in Southeast DC of all places.

Sounds like greatness, there is a book series where King Arthur is reincarnated as a black dude in Harlem, he makes his round table of former gangbangers, and pimps.

You always take it to the next level, Slayven. What is the name of this series?

Also, there was a traditional story that one of the Knights was black. Sir Morien was a later addition to the tales from the Dutch and was the son of the Knight Agovale and a Moorish princess. It's as if the writers thought they needed some diversity. :)

akira28

Also, there was a traditional story that one of the Knights was black. Sir Morien was a later addition to the tales from the Dutch and was the son of the Knight Agovale and a Moorish princess. It's as if the writers thought they needed some diversity. :)

so morien is questionable attribution? bleh. I know I know, its all a legend anyway, but still..

Slayven

51tBtKRfBVL._SX307_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042JSOWG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I was wrong it is Indianapolis

The King Arthur myth gets dramatically retold through the eyes of street hustler King, as he tries to unite the crack dealers, gangbangers and the monsters lurking within them to do the right thing. From the drug gangs of downtown Indianapolis, the one true king will arise. The King Arthur myth gets dramatically retold through the eyes of street hustler King, as he tries to unite the crack dealers, gangbangers and the monsters lurking within them to do the right thing. Broaddus' debut is a stunning, edgy work, genuinely unlike anything you've ever read.

Jacir

I get like quarterly lectures on Middle East/Islamic culture and one thing that gets brought up is the clashes between Arabs and black people there. Its pretty much has been present since Islam was first introduced to Africa. Crazy how those events even happen when SA doesn't give much of a fuck about what happens in Africa and is more focused on funding the quagmire in Iraq and Syria and protecting their interests.

Even though I know about the Arab slave trade, I am still stunned when looking at actual black Iranians, black Saudis, Omanis, all the way to Pakistan and south east asia. We are all over but still face crazy discrimination in most of the world. But you know in Kendrick's own words...

"We going be Alright!!"

Even though I know about the Arab slave trade, I am still stunned when looking at actual black Iranians, black Saudis, Omanis, all the way to Pakistan and south east asia. We are all over but still face crazy discrimination in most of the world. But you know in Kendrick's own words...

"We going be Alright!!"

I legit scratched my head when I saw that one of the generals of SA is black. I was going crazy. I forget that they even exist. lol

Warning this liñk will make you mad. Wtf at this cop! https://twitter.com/jchicks_/status/655746633829883904?s=09

What the fuck to the tenth power.

Numb

I learned at a young age that I really enjoy my ability to breathe, and that my stomach invading the space where my lungs are kind of takes the joy out of that little pleasure.
Messed up part is that I really liked those rides.

Indeed.
Roller coasters and these weird amusement excitement inducing stuff i never got. Seems too crazy.

That streaming sista is tight too.
Killzone and Arslan?what weird game choices but dig it.
Warning this liñk will make you mad. Wtf at this cop! https://twitter.com/jchicks_/status/655746633829883904?s=09
To that cop..
tumblr_static_19vrgjhunzwkcg8oo484sscsg.gif

i actually just did the other day

i couldnt help it :(

you know one bad experience with 1 black guy = ALL THE SAME

Enjoy opening actual doors for the ladies and old people.
Everyone else tho...
tumblr_static_19vrgjhunzwkcg8oo484sscsg.gif

Not really.
Open for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom