• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Kinda want to see how cop defender Gaf defends this, but the ATM thread has pretty much convinced me that niggas can't do shit without someone saying they were wrong.

Someone will say that he should have let the cop beat him.

I fear that whenever a cop is on someone like that and they take that shit but can't anymore and try to defend themselves..that is when things would get real nasty. Like a free for all for the cop. Always thinking in my mind that they don't move at all for the safety of their lives.

D i Z

Kinda want to see how cop defender Gaf defends this, but the ATM thread has pretty much convinced me that niggas can't do shit without someone saying they were wrong.

People are one step away from straight up berating us for not letting ourselves get executed like motherfuckers in The Last of Us quarantine zone.

Jacir

We were the first man on this planet. Now we will end up being the last. Our day of atonement will come! Nations will crumble and be divided! Our people will be united as ever. God would cry another flood. Let it çommence!

This greatly reminds me that the Killzone opening is so awesome.

https://youtu.be/rNAnplKWNrc
LMAO at the second comment.

Numb

Hey, didn't argue, youngin lol..
Good.
tumblr_mwovnjYV8l1rsk0loo1_r1_400.gif

Also attempts of marriage proposals towards MGS's Quiet actress have proved fruitless.
Shouldn't have offered goats and cattle as dowry.Too traditional maybe.

Mizerman

I'm pretty sure some wanted to say it, only in a "polite" type of way so that they won't get exposed so easily.

I can imagine it...

"You never run from the cops! Kid should've let the cop beat his ass real good and let the justice system work itself out. Because fuck you, I got mine."

The Adder

Banned
It was not the fires that bore me
Nor the freezing cold
I was born into this world anew
Millenia old
And when this world's final moments pass
I'll be born again
You may kill a world and its people
I can never end
There is a gulf between can and will
That is crossed one way
It requires can to manage will
Willess, can still may

Jacir

Here's a link to the PD's Twitter account. It's enlightening. Be sure to note the amount of photos posted of white suspects (none) vs. black suspects(all).

Enlightening indeed.
wow

And people wonder why we don't trust the police.

Well if you scroll down a lil further there were a few white photos. But the ratio is too high for sure. Also why the hell are any of these pictures on their Twitter for a prolonged period? Why? Still bothersome.

zeemumu

TWD is too hype tonight.
Damn shit has gotten real on walking dead. I'm halfway through I hope Morgan gets off this don't kill bullshit soon.

I missed it. I'll take a look tonight

They're getting close to where I stopped reading the comics with
Alexandria being overrun.

Comics Spoilers

All I remember is
Rick's new love interest and her kid getting eaten, Carl losing and eye, and Morgan losing some limb

RedSwirl

http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2015...ated-schools?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

"White students might actually benefit from a more diverse environment."

Edit: ...so multiracial groups are more adept at solving crimes?

"In one set of studies, Phillips gave small groups of three people a murder mystery to solve. Some of the groups were all white and others had a nonwhite member. The diverse groups were significantly more likely to find the right answer."

Gonna go ahead and put a personal anecdote in here. My nephews are currently being taken out of a public school and put into a private Catholic one. The oldest I think is in the 2nd grade now and the younger one I believe is starting Kindergarten. I have no idea what the racial makeups of each school is (this is Raleigh/Durham though) though. I only know about the schools from my mom's descriptions. She had trouble with her grandchildren going to school with kids who's moms had tattoos, and she kind of described it as a "thug" school. Mind you, this is a woman who went to school in the deep south during the process of desegregation. The bigger problem though was that I did not hear good things about the faculty and general establishment at the public school. The teachers sounded too strict when it came to kids expressing themselves, and they kids weren't allowed to speak AT ALL during lunch. My older nephew got mad a couple of times when he got reprimanded for really minor stuff (like politely asking a question). On the one hand this sounds like classic educational affluence flight, but on the other hand that public school sounds like a warehouse that was stifling the development of a really intelligent kid. Vicious cycle I suppose.

Starting to realize how lucky I am to have gotten access to probably above-average public schooling (by US standards). My elementary schools (all four of them throughout the southeast US) were nothing like what I'm hearing about some public schools today. Maybe my middle school was a taste of the lower standard, but the high school I attended was on another level entirely: a shitload of AP and IP courses, half a dozen foreign languages, students from all over the world, and teachers who actually gave a shit.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Why does there always have to be a side in family drama? I'm not asking for support or to agree. Yo, I just want them to be there in my life despite this shit, and even that's proving difficult. Wanna talk all this and that about family but abandon me. It's fucking disgusting. I'm about done with these people.

Nakazato

Update to last week

Failed test made high enough to keep job

Girl out of hospital

Had an amazing pay check.

Letting slay barrow 20 dollars to simp.

Numb

Why does there always have to be a side in family drama? I'm not asking for support or to agree. Yo, I just want them to be there in my life despite this shit, and even that's proving difficult. Wanna talk all this and that about family but abandon me. It's fucking disgusting. I'm about done with these people.
Supposed to be the last people left that will be there no matter what.
Nothing is ever just peaches all the time and if the bad times can't be overcome with them then it is impossible with others .
Hope things change for the better for you.
Update to last week

Girl out of hospital

Good news man.
Happy for you.

Slayven

Update to last week

Girl out of hospital

Glad to hear it. I love you guys but man sometimes it is like and episode of Good Times with all our troubles.

We need to be the series finale when everybody got the come up even Bookman.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Supposed to be the last people left that will be there no matter what.
Nothing is ever just peaches all the time and if the bad times can't be overcome with them then it is impossible with others .
Hope things change for the better for you.

Good news man.
Happy for you.
Man that's why BCT my new family. Y'all fucked up just as much but at least you know bbq plate takeout etiquette.

Numb

Man that's why BCT my new family. Y'all fucked up just as much but at least you know bbq plate takeout etiquette.

Families are weird.
Either really simple or really complicated but you find yourself in one without even knowing how. Just gotta hope it's the right kind of complicated.

Shy

I tried to buy the Halo 5 bundle a couple of hours ago, but it didn't accept the card for some reason, gonna find out in the morning why.

Hope something else besides Scalebound comes out, otherwise that's the only two games i'll have on the machine. Dunno, seems kinda like a waste to get a console for just two games.

I signed for up the Slaent Halo clan, is that where you mans will be, or are we going to have a separate "good ones" clan.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom