• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Obama does it every time someone tries to run up on him. He listens and talks to t them

maybe in his campaigning days. But he's in late term "I don't have time for this shit" mode now. Them folks get shown the door. But he's got it like that because he's the president of the united states, not a candidate.

I don't think Bernie needs to show resolve when people hijack his platform like that. There's no constructive discussion that's gonna come from that setup - those women were not intent on a dialogue. It's a no win scenario.

He'll have to address the situation on its own merits, perhaps several times. Open up a dialogue and there show compassion and understanding. There he sells himself as president interested in the health of the black community.

I ended up being close to Rubio for everything but social stuff.

I'd ask for a recount on anything that aligned me with Rubio, personally.

edit: blacked not being well known enough to become another brazzers meme is the real takeaway from that thread.

ReiGun

Bernie's supporters going to do more to lose him the backing of black folk than BLM, conservatives, other Dem candidates, or Bernie himself ever could.

Afrocious

I need to start playing some video games ASAP.

So frustrated right now. Got me sick of the word "ally". You can't be ally and be on the fuckshit I'm seeing around here. "Rookie ally", "Ally in training", or "exiled ally", maybe. But actual? Nah.

Makes me wonder how MLK dealt with that shit, or better yet, how much he had to compromise, because I know he had it up to here with them too.

And how hard is it to see the difference between paternalism and critique? Seriously, how?

Man, video games are probably help me keep sane considering how hard it is to find people to talk about issues happening outside my doorstep from the prospective of an african american who wishes for equality and can see that it sorely needs to exist. That's why I figured I should post ITT more to help rectify that because I do see yall in other threads from time to time and it makes me happy.

Shit, you can't even talk about videogames that much here without someone jumping down your throat if you have any little criticism about it provided you have reasoning.

I'm surprised folks in that Bernie thread who are propagating the idea that he's The Hero Black People Need haven't tried to handwave away those who think BLM did nothing wrong as folks who have different opinions. But perhaps that's because some of those folks do have the decency to see this is a significant issue, regardless of if they treat it like shit and black people like a gang of folks who yell all the time and everything about race.

You know what's funny about all of this to me?

Before ANY of this happened, I was taking that online test to see which candidate I most aligned with along with some friends of mine. And I got like 97% Bernie and 93% Hillary. And my friends were like, "Oh, so are you going to support Sanders now?" And I was like Hell to the naw!

And I explained to them that my issue with Bernie is that whenever I hear him speak, I just sense weakness. I see a man who's hitting all his liberal talking points, but I don't hear passion or a commitment to really fight for his goals. It's one thing to just cast a vote. It's another when it's YOU at the forefront having to push YOUR agenda. I just have no faith in Bernie on the level. Whereas with Hillary, 93% alignment on the issues is fine with me, and on top of that she's proven herself to be a fighter. She's not going to get steamrolled; she's going to push her agenda. I may technically agree more with Bernie, but I have way more faith in Hillary to get things done.

And I said all of this WEEKS before Netroots, and since then Bernie has done nothing but prove me exactly right. I mean, you're really going to let this KEEP happening to you, Bernie? You're really going to be that stubborn? You REALLY can't contain and engage 3 people who hopped up on your stage? Damn...if that's too much for you to handle, I don't even want to bother seeing how you handle a Republican-controlled congress that will literally exist to oppose EVERYTHING you do.

No doubt you and I took the same test. ISideWith.com right? Yeah, got like a 97 or 98 percent with Bernie and I do support him, or wish I could rather. I'm not seeing why he can't just address race directly like folks have been asking of him. After what happened at Netroots, I had faith he'd make a strong statement. Then now, theresfuckingnothing.gif.

You make a strong point about having fight. However, this makes me wonder if this presidential election will be an exercise of futility where folks are going to vote for anyone provided we don't get any of the current republican runners.

I feel like I'm picking the less evil out of evil, if that makes sense.

Welp, looks like Rod and other black activists are being harassed by Sanders supporters again.

But Rod isn't an activist. He's just a podcaster who is out here to entertain. Any education is a bonus. Sure he'll talk about news and issues that are important to him, but then he'll turn around and ask people to guess the race of criminals or read Groupie Tales from Baller Alert. He's about those jokes. I guess there is a possibility that he might end up like Jon Stewart, but it's all coming from a place of humor.

And I don't know about Soros paying BLM, but I know one black woman who is about to get paid - Symone Sanders, who is now the press Secretary for Bernie Sanders. She has to Olivia Pope his campaign into shape. Good luck to the sista.

But Rod isn't an activist. He's just a podcaster who is out here to entertain. Any education is a bonus. Sure he'll talk about news and issues that are important to him, but then he'll turn around and ask people to guess the race of criminals or read Groupie Tales from Baller Alert. He's about those jokes. I guess there is a possibility that he might end up like Jon Stewart, but it's all coming from a place of humor.

And I don't know about Soros paying BLM, but I know one black woman who is about to get paid - Symone Sanders, who is now the press Secretary for Bernie Sanders. She has to Olivia Pope his campaign into shape. Good luck to the sista.

Word, the fact that people seem to think he's one in the midst of all that's going on is one of the surprises of the year for me.

Funny how a current event can change how people see you or your brand.

Slayven

Word, the fact that people seem to think he's one in the midst of all that's going on is one of the surprises of the year for me.

Funny how a current event can change how people see you or your brand.

You are wrong. Rod is a mastermind using the black community as weapon to take down hose that threaten him.

Merc_

Ah, understood. It's crazy how folks are accusing him and AngryBlackLady of being on the take from Hillary's campaign. The conspiracy theories are flying hard and fast all over twitter about BLM right now. The Sanders supporters really think this behavior will win over other black people,

Ok, NOW I'm done. Whatever I post is just going to be hand-waved away.

White liberals and white conservatives are more alike than I thought.

It always tends to show itself whenever we don't immediately agree with them or support who they do. That thread is a huge shitfest and it's a good example of how pointless it is to talk to stans who simply refuse to listen.

dkvogytn6tgajhdfb2nx.jpg

Roy just bow out. You aren't fully on board with their candidate of choice and now it's just pretty much name calling and dog piling.

royalan

Roy just bow out. You aren't fully on board with their candidate of choice and now it's just pretty much name calling and dog piling.

You're right.

I just can't get over the blatant refusal to even try to understand why black people aren't gelling with Bernie. And now the thread is literally turning into another "ARE YOU FOR BERNIE OR AGAINST HIM!?!?!?!?!? WHO DO YOU SUPPORT!?" When last I checked that thread was about a very specific incident that occurred.

Shy

Welcome to the thread Kinggroin.
If you haven't already, please take a moment to fill out our new member survey.

Where you're from -
Where you live -
What is your age? -
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -
Do you know your roots -
Favorite musical genre -
Your profession/major/career interest -
Your religious affiliation -
Hobbies -
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -
All you gotta do is FADC into a sonic hurricane, trash mobs can't handle it!
I have no idea what the fuck I just said
Yeah you do Bobby, yeah you do. :p
we let everyone in, even horses and sonic fans
y8v8WUs.gif

Nah, everyone's accepted. Unless you like KFC.
wait...... wut. ?

You're right.

I just can't get over the blatant refusal to even try to understand why black people aren't gelling with Bernie. And now the thread is literally turning into another "ARE YOU FOR BERNIE OR AGAINST HIM!?!?!?!?!? WHO DO YOU SUPPORT!?" When last I checked that thread was about a very specific incident that occurred.

you should post that star trek gif

royalan

I'm out of that thread, I just need a distraction to keep from checking it.

Someone post something about dick. Like, I used to be scared of it, now I throw lips to it...

J1lUJRk.gif

andthebeatgoeson

You know what's funny about all of this to me?

Before ANY of this happened, I was taking that online test to see which candidate I most aligned with along with some friends of mine. And I got like 97% Bernie and 93% Hillary. And my friends were like, "Oh, so are you going to support Sanders now?" And I was like Hell to the naw!

And I explained to them that my issue with Bernie is that whenever I hear him speak, I just sense weakness. I see a man who's hitting all his liberal talking points, but I don't hear passion or a commitment to really fight for his goals. It's one thing to just cast a vote. It's another when it's YOU at the forefront having to push YOUR agenda. I just have no faith in Bernie on the level. Whereas with Hillary, 93% alignment on the issues is fine with me, and on top of that she's proven herself to be a fighter. She's not going to get steamrolled; she's going to push her agenda. I may technically agree more with Bernie, but I have way more faith in Hillary to get things done.

And I said all of this WEEKS before Netroots, and since then Bernie has done nothing but prove me exactly right. I mean, you're really going to let this KEEP happening to you, Bernie? You're really going to be that stubborn? You REALLY can't contain and engage 3 people who hopped up on your stage? Damn...if that's too much for you to handle, I don't even want to bother seeing how you handle a Republican-controlled congress that will literally exist to oppose EVERYTHING you do.
I mean, it's incompetence at this point. That probably gets under his Stan's skin.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Lol so I gave my girlfriend like 6 riddles to figure out for our first anniversary so she could meet me for an Italian dinner I made. How long any of y'all been with your SO?

Thank you very much.

So here's a problem. I have some friends and family that wonder why its always blacks looting or rioting or fall to whatever statistic in crime they do. My explanation is usually founded on the grounds that things didn't start on even ground for black Americans vs white Americans, and then I build an argument from that. Media bias is also called in.

So now this thing with Sanders, wtf am I supposed to say? Cause its going to be a case of "See! See! Told you" and I'm currently not equipped to respond to that. Which sucks because amongst my friends and family, I'm probably the only one (outside my wife) that tries bring reason into these discussions. Empathy especially.

Wish I had black friends at times like these :-/

Edit: And getting new friends and family isn't the answer, before anyone asks X-D

you already failed. when they said that first thing, you were supposed to say "black people loot, white people find" and then show the Katrina pics

Afrocious

I'm playing KOTOR 2 right now and I can't help but make parallels from the in-game situations and scenarios with what's going on in America atm from the perspective of a liberal person.

Sith are conservatives - everyone knows they're crazy and they're destroying everything from the shadows as well as skirmishing over power between themselves. That's about the only thing everyone agrees on.

Republic represents the whole of the left - in shambles and weak infrastructure

The Jedi Order - white liberals that determine what issues are important to address.

The people of the republic - minorities who couldn't give less of a fuck about lightsabers and who are slaughtered and screwed over by the enemies of the weak republic.

Lol so I gave my girlfriend like 6 riddles to figure out for our first anniversary so she could meet me for an Italian dinner I made. How long any of y'all been with your SO?

When I figure out how to meet a SO, I'll get back to you on this.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
damn you almost as old as slay

I'm playing KOTOR 2 right now and I can't help but make parallels from the in-game situations and scenarios with what's going on in America atm from the perspective of a liberal person.

Sith are conservatives - everyone knows they're crazy and they're destroying everything from the shadows as well as skirmishing over power between themselves. That's about the only thing everyone agrees on.

Republic represents the whole of the left - in shambles and weak infrastructure

The Jedi Order - white liberals that determine what issues are important to address.

The people of the republic - minorities who couldn't give less of a fuck about lightsabers and who are slaughtered and screwed over by the enemies of the weak republic.

When I figure out how to meet a SO, I'll get back to you on this.
lmao I found my girlfriend though okc a year ago.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Never had a boyfriend. Pretty much life hates me

please seek professional help at all cost man.

Had to log in just to ignore you. It's not funny. Please get help or some dick, something, damn!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Was having terrible kidney pain so went to the er.

Have a kidney stone. Fun.
feel better jandro

Together for 12 years, married for 6.
congrats!

Never had a boyfriend. Pretty much life hates me
jubei have faith be positive. Get some help.

That's what's up man.

I use OKC but no luck at all.
patience. Went through 3 girls and 2 years before I found the right one.

I don't have a SO, but I date around. Haven't really found anyone I'd like to see for longer than a few dates/hookups.

Been with my wife for 7 years altogether been married for 3.

If you were to recommend some ps2 games what would you recommend? I've been looking for some different games to play. Im pretty open to alot of genres.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Been with my wife for 7 years altogether been married for 3.

If you were to recommend some ps2 games what would you recommend? I've been looking for some different games to play. Im pretty open to alot of genres.

im going to be giving away some games soon especially ps2 games. i'll post here when i do. as for recommendations how about dark cloud 2 and ratchet and clank going commando.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom