• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abso-fucking-lutely.

Yo, digital high five man! Really feeling happy for ya!

Thanks man. I had teary eyes because I didn't think I would be able to see something like that, but here we are. I have to focus on not going out of control with the new income. I wanna get out of debt

akira28

It's weird watching this from a semi-neutral standpoint. I don't really think either of you are right when it comes to the opinion on Sanders. Probably explains why I have so many problems choosing factions and alignments in games.

not Sanders, the current young self described liberal plurality. Sanders is ok, for the most part. He's a politician, but he's also a person who has a chip on his shoulder, and we need that so badly, someone who wants to fight because something is wrong. But as a professional politician he edges away from certain things that would be immediately unpopular with a large portion of the country, aka the South, like really closely attaching himself to black causes as part of his platform. He needed to be prodded, when a real nigga who walked with the King would have come out with his fists up from day one because that is what is needed. Not backroom meetings and test polling sessions, but organizing and mobilizing the troops. Bernie could raise his fist and get the black vote like *that*. But at least now he's promising to specifically address the issue instead of putting it under the 'class war' umbrella.

what I'm finding so interesting is the patronizing behavior of...well basically everyone. I'm reading kotaku and there's a fucking article from Hamilton Nolan, "dont piss on your best friend". I'm like...bitch. Seriously I feel like someone of these people need to try and see things from the position of the person they're addressing. They know so much and the protesters and those who would demand more of Bernie know so little, we're attacking the wrong guy and were so misguided, and Bernie is our best friend. How the fuck do they sound? They're completely unaware. They assume they're right, they assume we know it, that we know we're wrong, like children, and need to be admonished. And then the unstated but implicit threat, "white support" hanging in the balance if black people go off their script. Oh really.

andthebeatgoeson

Bernie gets protested, Bernie responds. The way it should be.

But you really should be reading the protester's handbook. And the way you protest, is inexcusable. You can't do that. And not that either. And don't think about that one.

Maybe that's why some people are apathetic. They go to college, don't see a master's level course in Sharptonology and just never protest. But I'm trying to figure out how they can criticize. I need to come up with a theory.

akira28

But you really should be reading the protester's handbook. And the way you protest, is inexcusable. You can't do that. And not that either. And don't think about that one.

Maybe that's why some people are apathetic. They go to college, don't see a master's level course in Sharptonology and just never protest. But I'm trying to figure out how they can criticize. I need to come up with a theory.

I think that's the think. They can't see past the sarcasm, because their logic is stating that as solid and factual instead of farcical.

You gotta be like "Is there a protester's handbook? Do you think the way that protest was handled was inexusable, and why? Give me something more than it makes you feel uncomfortable, because Bernie did ok."

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
If there were really gang members shooting at each other last night in Ferguson, they need their asses kicked.

If the police are now arresting people for simply filming them again, they need their asses kicked as well.

God bless the people in Ferguson though. I would hate to be living there having to go through the past year and the police actions the years before. Hell, it may be my age showing, but I feel for so many people who live in the Middle East, parts of Africa and Central America where bombs and shooting and death is just a daily occurrence. Like a traffic jam is here. Just has to be an entirely different reality than most of us will have.

andthebeatgoeson

not Sanders, the current young self described liberal plurality. Sanders is ok, for the most part. He's a politician, but he's also a person who has a chip on his shoulder, and we need that so badly, someone who wants to fight because something is wrong. But as a professional politician he edges away from certain things that would be immediately unpopular with a large portion of the country, aka the South, like really closely attaching himself to black causes as part of his platform. He needed to be prodded, when a real nigga who walked with the King would have come out with his fists up from day one because that is what is needed. Not backroom meetings and test polling sessions, but organizing and mobilizing the troops. Bernie could raise his fist and get the black vote like *that*. But at least now he's promising to specifically address the issue instead of putting it under the 'class war' umbrella.

That's some real shit. He hedged and hawed and found out, in 2015, we are not going to take a back seat. Waiting on black issues in 2015 should be inexcusable. And that question comes up with his response over the past few weeks. It has to come up.

Trey

tumblr_nsvuqczfjN1r7he25o1_540.png

Nothing racial about it, huh?

damn, lion really is the new black.

my bad, brehs.

I spoke my mind, and it got a lot of eye rolls. On paper Bernie Sanders is the one we need but, realistically is anything he said actually going to amount to anything? He's an old man, he has no real fight in him anymore. We need a young person capable of fighting a knock out drag out fight. Bernie doesn't have what it takes unfortunately.

Not saying anyone is on Hilary's side... But she isn't spry either and she's the only one beating Bernie currently.

I think people take his kindness as weakness at times.

Afrocious

Might be a silly question, but could someone help me get better acquainted with Twitter? I'm oftentimes relying on news posted by folks on message boards and friends on Facebook, and I feel Twitter has been a missed opportunity for me. I've even had folks outright say I should get on Twitter with the stuff I post on Facebook.

I tried in the past but my Twitter is kinda dead. I don't know if that's a result of me not using it, or me not using it is the result of not much going on in my feed.

You can follow me @Afrocious, but you won't get much out.

samn

Might be a silly question, but could someone help me get better acquainted with Twitter? I'm oftentimes relying on news posted by folks on message boards and friends on Facebook, and I feel Twitter has been a missed opportunity for me. I've even had folks outright say I should get on Twitter with the stuff I post on Facebook.

I tried in the past but my Twitter is kinda dead. I don't know if that's a result of me not using it, or me not using it is the result of not much going on in my feed.

You can follow me @Afrocious, but you won't get much out.

You don't need to post anything to use Twitter effectively. Follow people to have them show up in your feed. Click on tweets to see who they are replying to, and who is replying to them. When on someone's twitter page, click 'tweets and replies' to see all of their tweets.

Afrocious

You don't need to post anything to use Twitter effectively. Follow people to have them show up in your feed. Click on tweets to see who they are replying to, and who is replying to them. When on someone's twitter page, click 'tweets and replies' to see all of their tweets.

Word. Who are some good folks to follow, in that case? Like I said, I feel like I'm out of the loop and hanging on threads when it comes to news.

samn

Word. Who are some good folks to follow, in that case? Like I said, I feel like I'm out of the loop and hanging on threads when it comes to news.

Figure out your interests, bloggers that you already follow, follow a few people there. Then look at who those people are retweeting, and who they are following (not who is following them). Read an interesting article? Follow the person who wrote it etc.

You can also search by keyword or click on a trending topic, it will show you who the most visible people are who have recently tweeted on that topic.

It does take work to build up this list, and Twitter could do a better job of helping people cultivate who they are following, it's a big hurdle.

Either way, Rania Khalek and her crew lost a shit ton of my respect based on that and a few other things. She may care about racial justice, but her commentary on BLM and other activists has been suspect.

Hahaha.

You know those four legendary ships on the map? Those were the real final challenges for me.

The boat stealth missions sucked though. That I can agree with.

I actually stopped playing the game after I got my ass blown back and sent to the Shadow Realm after two blows from one of those ships. lmao

Fun times.

Numb

Wached Empire. Cookie monster is amazing. Can't wait for new season. That ending really needs to be followed up quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom