• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Girl is amazing. Dude didn't have to one hand her so hard like that tho.
Is that NXT? I can't tell. Watched it once and it super hype.

Nope, Lucha Underground. If you can find the whole season online, you will not regret it.

The finale was one of the best wrestling shows I've seen in a while.

Numb

Nope, Lucha Underground. If you can find the whole season online, you will not regret it.

The finale was one of the best wrestling shows I've seen in a while.
Been watching that 37hrs in 37min vid on youtube and there seems to be alot of hype stuff.
Black dude that choke slammed that girl seems to be a real badguy that likes choke slamming everyone through tables too.
Steven has a Gamecube and an N64

Show is hype. Turned it on on a whim and had to finish all of it. The songs are surprisingly good. Garnet best girl.

Side note, what does it take to make a white person get their head out of their ass?

Asking for, uh, research. (hell at this point, self-defense, it's like a fucking epidemic when election seasons are coming up).

Then again, that's kinda like trying to do that to anyone being bigoted.

Side note, what does it take to make a white person get their head out of their ass?

Asking for, uh, research. (hell at this point, self-defense, it's like a fucking epidemic when election seasons are coming up).

Then again, that's kinda like trying to do that to anyone being bigoted.

I'm white and I have that problem too.

Shy

So how did you guys spend Darren Wilson Day?
3bpVz0N.gif

Crocodile

There was a pretty good conversation on yesterdays "All in with Chris Hayes" about BLM vs. Bernie Sanders. Mostly mirrored a lot of the conversation had in here (going in a lot on the clash between BLM and Bernie supports both at the rally and on Twitter) but if you're curious for specifics I'm sure it will be easy to find online.

So how did you guys spend Darren Wilson Day?

What is there to celebrate? Even if you're a racist, since when is killing an unarmed teenager worthy of celebration?

Infinite

If there is any state in the union that has earned the right to say, indiscriminately, "Fuck the police!" It's Missouri.
I don't get why people lose their shit when this is said and I say this as a person who has 3 close family members in law enforcement, in the fucking NYPD no less. When someone on gaming side says "fuck konami" no one then responds with "but what about the individual employees who are working to make ends meet? How dare you say that about them!" The police is an institution when people say "fuck the police" they're saying fuck what that institution represents and what they practice, institutionally. I like to think that they aren't saying fuck the individual beat cops and their families.

Jacir

Oath Keepers ???!???? wut

That white privelage! People are saying they are associated with some conspiracy website. It's weird tho because there might be lil coordination, even if that was a good intention, its looking suspect when the cops fall back and those dudes just randomly appear. Are they trying to protect private property (my ass), are they trying to be nice by having the protestors' backs against the police, etc. Who knows.

Afrocious

I never thought I'd ever see the day I'd lose weight at a regular basis.

@Shy, you're a cool dude considering you welcomed me into this thread.

Afrocious

Congrats. What are you doing differently?

Eating right for once. For 25 years, I never ate vegetables enough. I could go weeks or months without touching one that wasn't filled with starch.

Since the end of June, I've been eating less-starchy vegetables two to three times a day. I've gone from 265.5 to 257.5. I've also returned to lifting weights in the morning regularly, which is kickstarting my metabolism.

This is after doing this jogging regiment (Couch to 5k) and not losing a shred of weight. That was because my diet was terrible.

Best advice I've ever gotten was that you can't out-exercise a shit diet.

Jacir

I recommend a nicely mixed fruit smoothie every breakfast and maybe lunch too. Moms makes the best smoothies ever. I don't know what she puts in it other than fruit. Its a quick energizer and depending on amount, it will last you half a day. Its also great taken prior workout sessions.

andthebeatgoeson

Eating right for once. For 25 years, I never ate vegetables enough. I could go weeks or months without touching one that wasn't filled with starch.

Since the end of June, I've been eating less-starchy vegetables two to three times a day. I've gone from 265.5 to 257.5. I've also returned to lifting weights in the morning regularly, which is kickstarting my metabolism.

This is after doing this jogging regiment (Couch to 5k) and not losing a shred of weight. That was because my diet was terrible.

That's the truth. Next set of advice: it's a life change. I like chocolate cookies. Let me live. Body is like, 'nah, fuck you.' Keep exercising in a way that is sustainable. Keep changing habits that are sustainable. Water for soda. Fruit for snacks, as much as you can. Less fast food. Vegetables with lunch and dinner to fill you up. Balanced meals so you don't crave. Beans and legumes for protein so it's not all meat.

Good shit, and it's absolutely true..you eat shitty, you'll live shitty. I lost 90 lbs in about a year a couple of moons ago just by changing my diet (no rice or potatoes and such), and using MyFitnessPal to count calories.

Add to that cycling almost everyday for a couple of hours, and life was just awesome in no time..keep it up!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I keep forgetting that E in BET stands for entertainment and that is all they do, entertain. Would be cool to see a mini series on black inventors, maybe black military heroes, maybe black bus drivers, I don't know. But goddamn they are so into celeb worship and other bullshit that doesn't matter. Slavery could be brought back tomorrow and they would be talking about how it will effect Young Thug's new album.

I sound like my old man used to sound when he turned on BET and kept seeing Donnie Simpson, lol.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
That's the truth. Next set of advice: it's a life change. I like chocolate cookies. Let me live. Body is like, 'nah, fuck you.' Keep exercising in a way that is sustainable. Keep changing habits that are sustainable. Water for soda. Fruit for snacks, as much as you can. Less fast food. Vegetables with lunch and dinner to fill you up. Balanced meals so you don't crave. Beans and legumes for protein so it's not all meat.

That is so true. Alot of people change their lifestyle to something where they are miserable. You know that isn't going to last. You need to make changes, but make changes you can actually live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom