• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
pumpkins,+donkeys,+fungus+001.JPG
You finna get shot

Numb

Nah customization as a whole needs to go. Its caused waaaaay too much to go towards it rather than the game itself. It got waaay too gimmicky with it that the series lost its identity. Its the opposite problem Tekken has. Tekken is trying to force identity when it already had it, Soul Calibur forgot it had one and tried to fill it with customization and Link(yes I'm still salty about that.)

But I don't see a good Soul Calibur game coming anytime soon. Even if they do release one they'll drop support in 3 months cuz Namco.

You can do customs without going crazy like SC has. No need to remove them 100%.
Although i do want the next SC to have it's own identity i wouldn't mind Dark Souls boss guests. Ezio and Kratos tho...why.

Nah fam , I costume creation is the jam.

I value creativity more than you being slightly annoyed, way more joy for more people getting creative? Worth it.

I value the game itself rather than features that distract from the core experience. Fighting game first and formost and Namco has not been getting that right.

You can do customs without going crazy like SC has. No need to remove them 100%.
Although i do want the next SC to have it's own identity i wouldn't mind Dark Souls boss guests. Ezio and Kratos tho...why.

Yeah you can but I'd rather have a clean slate.

Numb

I value the game itself rather than features that distract from the core experience. Fighting game first and formost and Namco has not been getting that right.

Yeah you can but I'd rather have a clean slate.

Looking at SC i can understand it.
Tekken got no customs and even the ones it does are terrible. Holding a fish or have a cake balanced on your head? why o why.
Entirely depends how tasteful it is.

Numb

Anyone besides me keeping up with the One Punch Man anime in here? That last episode was great.
indeed
Don't know why i'm watching it even after reading the manga already
twice
Not saying the manga is better but it is *adjusts glasses*
Says alot when how good it looks even madhouse can't match it.

Numb

Why no one told me the lead dude in Agame Ka Kill is a protag with a brain and backbone?

He is. Because it tricks you into thinking it's a shounen teen show but they actually love murder and tragedy and are really seinen in disguise.
The manga's not done yet, right? Last part I read was the fight with Metal Bat.
And it won't at this pace even the shitty version takes forever to come out.
The good version is at 80 or something last i checked.

Numb

because when everything is trying to kill you, you need to be powerful, smart, or both

Always make sure to check the tags to know you aren't getting yourself into a murder zone.
Especially when they start with normal teen stuff like ''i wanna be hokage one day'' or ''we are gonna stay besties forever''
Dolly Kill Kill
starts like that and then cute dolls start attacking and you think nothing bad will happen to the crew. A page later everyone is fucked.

Malyse

Always make sure to check the tags to know you aren't getting yourself into a murder zone.
Especially when they start with normal teen stuff like ''i wanna be hokage one day'' or ''we are gonna stay besties forever''
Dolly Kill Kill
starts like that and then cute dolls start attacking and you think nothing bad will happen to the crew. A page later everyone is fucked.

I just mainlined that series. That and Green Worldz

Crocodile

Anyone besides me keeping up with the One Punch Man anime in here? That last episode was great.

Yep, show gives me life <3

Is it on crunchyroll?

Daisuki and Hulu

Why no one told me the lead dude in Agame Ka Kill is a protag with a brain and backbone?

Akame ga Kill has to be one of the most generic and "edgy for the sake of edgy" shows I've ever seen. It is not a good show. I hear the manga is even edgier too.

I think Ichgio is another of the few good shonen protags. Yes I still read Bleach...Slay help...

Nope Ichigo sucks too

Numb

I just mainlined that series. That and Green Worldz

Haven't gotten to that one yet. See it always but the plant part doesn't interest me.
There was this other one where oxygen increases and so do bug sizes and then everyone in Korea gets bodied and become bug-egg carrying things. Freaky.

Numb

I think Ichgio is another of the few good shonen protags. Yes I still read Bleach...Slay help...
Ichigo ain't bad but by the end this dude is half of everything.
A good shonen protag is someone like Xiao from battle through the heavens. Engages you enough to the point where you are actually looking at his actions and making decisions.
Yep, show gives me life <3

Daisuki and Hulu

Akame ga Kill has to be one of the most generic and "edgy for the sake of edgy" shows I've ever seen. It is not a good show. I hear the manga is even edgier too.

Nope Ichigo sucks too
Akame knew the loop and wanted to break it. Wears off the longer it goes indeed.

Malyse

Haven't gotten to that one yet. See it always but the plant part doesn't interest me.
There was this other one where oxygen increases and so do bug sizes and then everyone in Korea gets bodied and become bug-egg carrying things. Freaky.

Yoo. It's fucking wacky.

I also just read Cradle of Monsters, Hohzuki Island, EX - Shounen Hyouryuu and Cage of Eden. All solid enough, but the last two take a turn in the last act. Oh and Boku dake ga Inai Machi is also really fun. It's getting an anime next year.

Numb

Yoo. It's fucking wacky.

I also just read Cradle of Monsters, Hohzuki Island, EX - Shounen Hyouryuu and Cage of Eden. All solid enough, but the last two take a turn in the last act. Oh and Boku dake ga Inai Machi is also really fun. It's getting an anime next year.

Nice. There's this other supernatural one where this dude can read people's min'ds by touch and he wears gloves because of it. Really really great surprise at the end that caught me offguard. Melo Holic i believe.

Should finish Cage of Eden one of these now that it's complete.

Malyse

Nice. There's this other supernatural one where this dude can read people's min'ds by touch and he wears gloves because of it. Really really great surprise at the end that caught me offguard. Melo Holic i believe.

Should finish Cage of Eden one of these now that it's complete.

I'll add it.

Why are the less than legal manga apps so much better than the legal ones? Even the Kindle app kicks rocks.

Numb

I'll add it.

Why are the less than legal manga apps so much better than the legal ones? Even the Kindle app kicks rocks.

Had this one a minute ago while i could still download apps but thing had too much spamming.
Read Battle through the heavens if you haven't already and like fighting/training ones.

Kreed

And it won't at this pace even the shitty version takes forever to come out.
The good version is at 80 or something last i checked.

The original author of One Punch Man does two series (Mob Psycho 100 is the other one), and even though One Punch Man is his most famous series thanks to the new version, he doesn't make money from the original version, so most of his focus goes towards Mob.

Thankfully the anime is stopping at 16 episodes so that should be enough to cover most of the good stuff from the manga and then allow the series to get further along.

Numb

The original author of One Punch Man does two series (Mob Psycho 100 is the other one), and even though One Punch Man is his most famous series thanks to the new version, he doesn't make money from the original version, so most of his focus goes towards Mob.

Thankfully the anime is stopping at 16 episodes so that should be enough to cover most of the good stuff from the manga and then allow the series to get further along.

Mob is awesome. But like the opposite OPM with attitude. Even though the art is the shitty version(no offense) it still looks better than the shitty art version of OPM.
tumblr_mpuzgiqSqi1rqd0kpo1_r1_400.gif

Pootie Tang..
My sis's fav film ever.
The silent singing literally brings her to tears sometimes.

Numb

MangaRock is great
(but it's pay)

It's cool.
The higher the quality and selection the more it's most likely is pay.
Downloading ones at random can get you some weird shit. Like tried Manga Box once and it had shit i never heard of and random others that only got updated sometimes.
Tha new Bakuman guy manga is out. Got really angeley and godly quick i swear.

Don't know why i didn't see it tho. Even with Deathnote guy aswell.

I've only seen 1 and Bloodline the whole way through. Pinhead doesn't do much in the first one. He's just kinda there. But it was still pretty interesting. I think either 2 or 3 is supposed to be the best.
I know I've seen most but back when VHS was a thing so don't remember much except the end of the 1st one

Village

I value the game itself rather than features that distract from the core experience. Fighting game first and formost and Namco has not been getting that right. .

1) Customization seems to be a core feature now. Maybe you should come to terms with that.

2)The last Real SC they made was 5, and thats a very good video game so... what are you talking about? I know they had a FTP game but much like tekken revolution I assume that went unplayed.

So you are complaining about an optional feature you don't have to take part in, that lets people get involved with the game and get creative. In a good video game. Ok sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom