• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Customization seems to be a core feature now. Maybe you should come to terms with that.

2)The last Real SC they made was 5, and thats a very good video game so... what are you talking about? I know they had a FTP game but much like tekken revolution I assume that went unplayed.

So you are complaining about an optional feature you don't have to take part in, that lets people get involved with the game and get creative. In a good video game. Ok sure.

Was a good game till after the patch fucked up its balance. Even pre-patch the game had issues but that was more because the directors Hard on for Third Strike than anything.

Thinking about it Lost Swords is the reason I'm complaining about customization in the first place. Lost Swords as a Tekken Revolution(which did and does get played) would have been very nice. When Namco says that no one cares about the fighting and the competitive parts of Soul Calibur that's scary imo. The customization aspects have over shadowed the main parts of the series so much that the FTP game barely resembles a Soul Calibur game at all and is more concerned about dress up. And what makes it sadder is that Lost Swords brought back Sophitia, Taki, Cassandra, and Seong Mi-Na. Time and resources went into that instead of supporting SCV or doing something with it when that game had so much potential. And it still got shut down before Tekken Revolution.

So in short, Customization has had too much of an influence on the series and that's why I don't like it and it needs to be removed. I wouldn't care if it didn't overshadow everything else.

Numb

Pray for those that still watch the Naruto anime. (we still on anime right?)
Heard that there were only like 8 non-filler episodes for them this whole year when the manga ended last year.( even the stupid one with his future kids after it where Sakura kept taking all the Ls started and ended).
Flashbacks are the true strongest jutsu in the series. Stealing time from real world people.

Dereck

Pray for those that still watch the Naruto anime. (we still on anime right?)
Heard that there were only like 8 non-filler episodes for them this whole year when the manga ended last year.( even the stupid one with his future kids after it where Sakura kept taking all the Ls started and ended).
Flashbacks are the true strongest jutsu in the series. Stealing time from real world people.
So, what's the deal here? Like, really fam, what is going on.

I thought it was over. Then someone told me that the anime is centered around the newer kids, but that was only temporary, right? So are they still trying to catch up with the manga? Have they already, but is now just showing filler episodes?

Slayven

https://youtu.be/BDDuQQEnGa4
Black mailed into having sex with a white girl

I read about it, now I want to see pics.

Somebody should really let Cenk know that those stereotypes about black men did not come from a positive place and aren't something to be happy about. I also doubt the conversation at the end of the video would have happened if the victim had been a woman.

Read this story yesterday, and it had that ring of so batshit that it had to be true. The mom forcing the daughter to sleep with black dudes is a text book full of crazy.

Numb

So, what's the deal here? Like, really fam, what is going on.

I thought it was over. Then someone told me that the anime is centered around the newer kids, but that was only temporary, right? So are they still trying to catch up with the manga? Have they already, but is now just showing filler episodes?

Taking their time. Manga can wait when random arcs can be started and fillers upon fillers of anything. New kids are just the movies i believe. Don't watch the anime so don't know if they are in. The actua lmanga is overr. TRhe manga with the kids was just hype for the movies and it too is over. Anime is a bunch of nothing wasting people's time. Even if the filler is good a whole year of filler is not cool.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm starting to feel bad about something that might not even be that big of a deal but feels like one to me. I was on Tinder yesterday just swiping through pics when I see this really cute redhead named Jessica. I check through her profile and she says that she's transgender, FtM. Even said that all she was looking for was just friends.

She was seriously pretty but I just....swiped left still. I just couldn't get past the trans part. I feel terrible because for a woman as pretty as she was, there's good chance that she probably didn't get that many matches because of how honest she was in her bio. Coming out as trans has gotta be one of the hardest things to do as a college student, and shit like what I did probably contributes to that.

Maybe I just empathize too much, but I just regret not even at least chatting with her. She said she just wanted friends. FUCK, I did not need to feel this shitty this early in the week.

Numb

Why you so horrible b?
It's cool you don't need to feel that bad but atleast you realized it.
Honesty is the best policy.

I'm starting to feel bad about something that might not even be that big of a deal but feels like one to me. I was on Tinder yesterday just swiping through pics when I see this really cute redhead named Jessica. I check through her profile and she says that she's transgender, FtM. Even said that all she was looking for was just friends.

She was seriously pretty but I just....swiped left still. I just couldn't get past the trans part. I feel terrible because for a woman as pretty as she was, there's good chance that she probably didn't get that many matches because of how honest she was in her bio. Coming out as trans has gotta be one of the hardest things to do as a college student, and shit like what I did probably contributes to that.

Maybe I just empathize too much, but I just regret not even at least chatting with her. She said she just wanted friends. FUCK, I did not need to feel this shitty this early in the week.

You're not a terrible person for not swiping right. If you're on tinder looking for hookups and things other than "just friends," then she just wasn't in your wheelhouse. If you had met her in public and she said she wanted to be friends, but you said he'll no because she's trans, then that's another story. You had no ill intent. Don't be so hard on yourself. Some situations have no "right" answers. Is there even tinder edicate for this type of thing? They need a swipe up for friendship or something

Slayven

You are self ware and epathtic enough to feel bad, you have a leg up on 99% of people,

Numb

Saying friends on her bio was much more welcoming to people than the usual i believe.
On tinder so probably wouldn't have minded if it got more.
It is not as bad as you think b.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I was looking on Tinder for just quick flings so friendship wasn't really in the cards. I just hope she can find success on Tinder because she was definitely cute and she derserves it.

Most of the ads i read says no black dudes.
Damn. You living in Mobile, Alabama?

Kreed

Can't feel bad for being honest with yourself Bronx-Man and what you are looking for (assuming you're not on Tinder to make friends). Plus, if she's as pretty as you say, she probably gets plenty of matches anyway from dudes that are just going "Wow she's hot" and not reading anything.

Numb

You would think people at Yale would be smart.

-------

Speaking of ads usually not exposed to them alot on tv and freaky when it happens.
Saw this one at the gym with Asthon Kutcher flirting with a sexy pizza slice.
maxresdefault.jpg
ads are weird.

RedSwirl

I've thought about Tinder now that I'm soon to be in a "not completely broke" state, but I just don't know. I'm still 5"4' and where I live is mostly white people and South Koreans so I'm afraid of seeing "no black guys" in every other bio.

Kreed

I've thought about Tinder now that I'm soon to be in a "not completely broke" state, but I just don't know. I'm still 5"4' and where I live is mostly white people and South Koreans so I'm afraid of seeing "no black guys" in every other bio.

"No black guys" on an app where two people have to "swipe yes" to each other to communicate is unarguably malicious. I would "think" this would be more of an issue on older dating apps like Okcupid, but nothing surprises me online anymore.

Village

So in short, Customization has had too much of an influence on the series and that's why I don't like it and it needs to be removed. I wouldn't care if it didn't overshadow everything else.
Then why not just ask for them to focus on combat more? It doesn't need to be removed. Also considering tekken 7 exists. Im sure sc6 will exist. And you will have your actual fighting game

Slayven

"No black guys" on an app where two people have to "swipe yes" to each other to communicate is unarguably malicious. I would "think" this would be more of an issue on older dating apps like Okcupid, but nothing surprises me online anymore.

I bet there is money in an app for White supremacists hooking up

Bronx-Man

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by other college kids, but I've never seen a tinder bio that said "no black guys". Hell, most tinder profiles I see are just spambots.

Then why not just ask for them to focus on combat more? It doesn't need to be removed. Also considering tekken 7 exists. Im sure sc6 will exist. And you will have your actual fighting game

Im not even sure SCVI will get made at this point. Tekken is Namco's cash cow and it always gets first priority regardless of how SC does(SCV sold better than TTT2).

Village

Speaking of ads usually not exposed to them alot on tv and freaky when it happens.
Saw this one at the gym with Asthon Kutcher flirting with a sexy pizza slice.

ads are weird.
Pizza tan.

There are a lot of weird ads, when you factor in different cultures it gets even weirder. In my illustration and graphic design classes I saw some nuts stuff. Like that french one with orange drink and the animals.

Numb

I bet there is money in an app for White supremacists hooking up

Would not be shocked if it's already a thing.
Pizza tan.

There are a lot of weird ads, when you factor in different cultures it gets even weirder. In my illustration and graphic design classes I saw some nuts stuff. Like that french one with orange drink and the animals.
They get to do whatever they want and then the actual thing becomes the punchline much later on. The freedom is hilarious.

Village

They get to do whatever they want and then the actual thing becomes the punchline much later on. The freedom is hilarious.
Sometimes , the French doesnt really a punchline . the unexpected strait. Search orangina on the youtubes and the googles.

Im not even sure SCVI will get made at this point. Tekken is Namco's cash cow and it always gets first priority regardless of how SC does(SCV sold better than TTT2).
I think it will be made. I think we will see sc6. The failure Tekken revolution didnt stop t7.

Though t7 is apperently making them a shit ton atm. Apperent more than any Tekken has made iirc . So thats neat.

Numb

Sometimes , the French doesnt really a punchline . the unexpected strait. Search orangina on the youtubes and the googles.

I think it will be made. I think we will see sc6. The failure Tekken revolution didnt stop t7.

Though t7 is apperently making them a shit ton atm. Apperent more than any Tekken has made iirc . So thats neat.

What the actual fuck? Man do furries creep me out. That had nothing to do with orangina. There was even a sexy jandro in a bikini. eugh
pic found on furryGAF

Yeah Tekken 7 killing it at arcades so they taking their time even more.

Malyse

What the actual fuck? Man do furries creep me out. That had nothing to do with orangina. There was even a sexy jandro in a bikini. eugh
pic found on furryGAF

Yeah Tekken 7 killing it at arcades so they taking their time even more.

Explain what you were doing in furryGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom