• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Just saw the first two episodes of Jessica Jones.

It was awesome. And I want Luke Cage's series to come out yesterday.

Im about to jump into that shit this weekend. I really hope a punisher series isnt in the works to replace iron fist. Hes a lame concept that needs to die off.

Slayven

Though I am Blasian, I'm way too back to fit in with the Asian thread. I also don't give a fuck about j-pop, anime, or whatever else they like to talk about. I'd be lost in the wind.

If BCT had to fight somebody I would pick you for the squad, you look like you can throw hands

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/22/magazine/don-lemon-doesnt-get-offended.html?_r=0

Do you have any idea what you would be doing if you weren’t a journalist?
I’d probably be a writer like James Baldwin. Or I would probably be an activist. But not like Dr. King, even though I admire him. I’d probably be more of a Malcolm X. I believe the best way to improve yourself is to improve yourself.

leon.png

jmood88

Prior to the Trayvon Martin murder and telling black people to dress better in order to solve racism people were keeping an eye on him, particularly when he came out as gay.
I'll always just remember him as CNN's late-night anchor. He got a taste of attention after he came out and subsequently lost his damn mind.

It's not just Don, all of CNN besides like Anderson Cooper had a heel turn. Around the time Ted Turner lost control.

That's why folks like Soledad O'Brien got ousted to HBO. They didn't want any part of that shit.

Malyse

Oh hey! If anyone was considering getting a cheap Kindle Fire, it's not worth it unless you are deep deep in the Amazon ecosystem. The App Store is significantly out of date: the Google Play app will be on version 2.7 while the Amazon App Store version is on 1.2. It's hard as fuck to change defaults (I still can't get the search to default to google instead of bing) and the 128GB microSD I got off eBay can't store most of the things you would want it too. (side note: you can get some fantastic deals on sd cards on eBay. 256GB for $9). IIRC, you can load some (not all) apps, you can put some videos, you can put some pictures. You can't load your kindle books. You can't load your audible books. And a number of apps with storage (for example a manga app) can't access it.

If that's not a deal breaker, it's decent enough device. Turning off wifi if your storage is full is fucking stupid. Silk is an awful browser. Screen is nice and the device can take a beating. I'd think it would be optimal for a kid or as previously mentioned, someone really into the Amazon ecosystem.

It's not just Don, all of CNN besides like Anderson Cooper had a heel turn. Around the time Ted Turner lost control.

That's why folks like Soledad O'Brien got ousted to HBO. They didn't want any part of that shit.

The funny thing is you can tell Anderson Cooper hates his co-workers. The looks he gives them... Lol

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The funny thing is you can tell Anderson Cooper hates his co-workers. The looks he gives them... Lol

Cooper is the major slice of legitimacy the channel has. If he ever decides to jump ship for whatever reason, it woulf be interesting to see what direction the site would go in

Oh hey! If anyone was considering getting a cheap Kindle Fire, it's not worth it unless you are deep deep in the Amazon ecosystem. The App Store is significantly out of date: the Google Play app will be on version 2.7 while the Amazon App Store version is on 1.2. It's hard as fuck to change defaults (I still can't get the search to default to google instead of bing) and the 128GB microSD I got off eBay can't store most of the things you would want it too. (side note: you can get some fantastic deals on sd cards on eBay. 256GB for $9). IIRC, you can load some (not all) apps, you can put some videos, you can put some pictures. You can't load your kindle books. You can't load your audible books. And a number of apps with storage (for example a manga app) can't access it.

If that's not a deal breaker, it's decent enough device. Turning off wifi if your storage is full is fucking stupid. Silk is an awful browser. Screen is nice and the device can take a beating. I'd think it would be optimal for a kid or as previously mentioned, someone really into the Amazon ecosystem.
You're doing it wrong..

Follow this extremely simple guide.

My wife and I each have one..best $50 (each) spent. Play store. With Play store comes Chrome, which I'm using right now. Every app on my phone is now on my tablet. Even imported my calendar and phone contacts so I can text via Fire. Obviously you can also use your paid apps as well. It'll take you less than five minutes. Enjoy..

Kreed

I just want to make sure I'm on which ever side has Royalan on it. Roy probably has a contact list full of swole, blue black negros ready to fight while wearing salad hats.

Bronx-Man

Banned
You about to start something.

You see what weeaboos bring when they cross the border? They're bringing love pillows, they're bringing their shit-tier waifus, their subs/dubs arguments, their fanfics. And some of them, I assume, are good people. But here's my solution: we're gonna build a wall. We're gonna build a wall to keep the weeaboos out, and we're gonna make AnimeGAF pay for it. We're gonna build a wall and it's gonna be yuuuuuuge.

BRONX 2016
Make BCT Great Again.

Mizerman

You see what weeaboos bring when they cross the border? They're bringing love pillows, they're bringing their shit-tier waifus, their subs/dubs arguments, their fanfics. And some of them, I assume, are good people. Here's my solution: we're gonna build a wall. We're gonna build a wall to keep the weeaboos out, and we're gonna make AnimeGAF pay for it. We're gonna build a wall and it's gonna be yuuuuuuge.

BRONX 2016
Make BCT Great Again

That sounds like something Handsome Jack would say.

Numb

You see what weeaboos bring when they cross the border? They're bringing love pillows, they're bringing their shit-tier waifus, their subs/dubs arguments, their fanfics. And some of them, I assume, are good people. Here's my solution: we're gonna build a wall. We're gonna build a wall to keep the weeaboos out, and we're gonna make AnimeGAF pay for it. We're gonna build a wall and it's gonna be yuuuuuuge.

BRONX 2016
Make BCT Great Again.

giphy.gif

You see what weeaboos bring when they cross the border? They're bringing love pillows, they're bringing their shit-tier waifus, their subs/dubs arguments, their fanfics. And some of them, I assume, are good people. But here's my solution: we're gonna build a wall. We're gonna build a wall to keep the weeaboos out, and we're gonna make AnimeGAF pay for it. We're gonna build a wall and it's gonna be yuuuuuuge.

BRONX 2016
Make BCT Great Again.

ROFL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom