• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
I would argue what you are saying doesn't take away from anything i said. Infact plays into more. If you wanna keep talking about frank fine we can talk. I actually wanna talk the flash. Because I don't watch that show, should I watch it?
Short answer, Watch The Flash
Long answer, The Flash is the most hype show on Tuesdays followed by SHIELD. Flash also has the best example of fatherhood on TV. Jesse L. Martin is the best father on TV. There are some issues at times, but there are so many more positives than negatives

Also Arrow gets so much better after the first half of Season 1 Slayven, show may not be for you but it did get better after the first half. Amell is also becoming a better actor with each season

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Could ya spoil me?

about why i dont want to watch the arrow? or the flash? because you should just watch the latter. it doesnt take itself to seriously, which is great for the first season.
the opposite is the problem with the way i saw ollie portrayed in his cameo appearances, he came off as arrow batman, which is a shame

Slayven

The island stuff bored me, and how it just so happen to relate to the issue of the ep. And none of the Arrow's supporting crew is likable or engaging. Diggle had potiental.

Flip that with Flash where Wells, Cisco, Caitlym, and Joe are money.

Iris is deadwieght thought.

LionPride

Banned
The island stuff bored me, and how it just so happen to relate to the issue of the ep. And none of the Arrow's supporting crew is likable or engaging. Diggle had potiental.

Iris is deadwieght thought.
We gonna fight over Iris

Iris is deadwieghtthought.
Should've made iris asian

Bronx-Man

Banned
Should've made iris asian
giphy.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I havent seen season two of the flash, but
do they go over time paradox made by eddie killing himself?

D i Z

Not really. The flash isn't going deep on anything. They aren't hiding from it per se, but the points of interest that they touch on usually go unexplained as they scooby doo through the episodes in predictable manner. I would agree that Flash is a better watch than Arrow. Arrow still do shit like having the heroes ignore phone calls from Oli while they are in the middle of a crisis so that they can avoid lectures about raising assassins from the dead and enjoy their glasses of wine undisturbed. That show is so full of stupid, it's undeniable. Flash at least knows that it's formula dumb, and they like it that way.

Luke Cage is only really "street-level durable" in terms of things like ballistic weaponry / kinetic slugs, right? As in, plasma, lasers, etc. could still damage him pretty easily?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Going back into Deadpool for a moment, he's not a shitty character. Most of the runs he's had are decent at worst, great at best. When you look at Joe Kelly's run, Cable & Deadpool, and the Marvel NOW run he just had, you can't just outright call him shit. Daniel Way did his damndest to ruin him, but Deadpool can still be done right with almost any writer.

The Deadpool movie looks like shit though.

You need to respect your elders
Don't wanna get too elderly, that's when it's euthanasia time.

ReiGun

I haven't enjoyed any of Marvel's TV stuff so I'm holding off on Jessica Jones. (Though I'm sure it will be spoiled for me long before I finally sit down to watch it).

Anyone check out that Aziz Asnari show? Any thoughts?

Shy

Fam, i'm in serious trouble and i need you advice/help. Please.

I got this in the mail today. (apparently, it came this morning but i didn't notice, as it was in my spam folder)
Unfortunately your data was leaked in the recent hacking of the Patreon web site and I now have your information. I have your tax id, tax forms, SSN, DOB, Name, Address, Credit card details and more sensitive data. Now, I can go ahead and leak your details online which would damage your credit score like hell and would create a lot of problems for you.

If you would like to prevent me from doing this then you need to send 1 bitcoin to the following BTC address.

Bitcoin Address:

You can buy bitcoins using online exchanges easily. The bitcoin address is unique to you. Sending bitcoin takes take, so you better get started right now, you have 48 hours in total.

I'm really scared, and don't know what to do. Someone please help me.

I got this in the mail today. (apparently, it came this morning but i didn't notice, as it was in my spam folder)

I just checked Patreon's Twitter, according to them it's a baseless scam. You good fam. I don't know a thing about cyber security but it seems far fetched to grab someone's SSN from a crowdfunding site.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

not really, but kind of

so basically
the time paradox caused the opening of a singularity (which was at the end of the season last year) above Central City, which is closed by
Ronnie Raymond giving his life to shut it
This singularity caused rifts to open into another universe, which is where the main villain of this season comes from. We don't know his full identity yet.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Anyone check out that Aziz Asnari show? Any thoughts?
I didn't really like Aziz newest standup special so I went into the show with skepticism...

And was pleasantly surprised. Master of None is excellent; each episode is great in the way it balances life musing and comedy, and the characters are funny and interesting. The production is outstanding. There are some really neat celeb appearances too. It's a great show and well worth checking out.

Don't believe it. It's a bullshit fishing scam. You're gonna be okay, Shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom