• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

So pushing him off a high building would take him out? Or crushing

No, they still hella tough, he did jump off a 50 story building once and just walked away.

qZoNfMh.jpg

So pushing him off a high building would take him out? Or crushing

They're inconsistent tbh. He is superhumanly tough but not to the extent his skin is unbreakable. Basically a sufficiently strong superhuman should be able to do serious internal damage.

EDIT: Why does autocorrect change perfectly good words for insanity?

andthebeatgoeson

They're inconsistent tbh. He is superhumanly tough but not to the extent his skin is unbreakable. Basically a sufficiently strong superhuman should be able to do serious internal damage.

EDIT: Why does autocorrect change perfectly good words for insanity?
I simultaneously love and hate autocorrect. It's a great invention but shows you how far away from perfect it is. So it just makes me lazy. Remember tapping a button 3 times to make one letter?

Village

Everything and he has a healing factor but it doesn't come into play much

Sure

I'm going try and keep it breif because I could go on and on about frank, and it would just spew into other comic characters.

Frank's interesting because it isn't about frank, it about how people react to frank.

Yes, frank is a tragic figure, but isn't spiderman? The hulk? Wolverine? Numerous amounts of marvel heroes and villians, being tragic is sorta of their whole stick.But there are some things that make frank stick out , for one thing franks just a dude. You see when you have billions or possibly trillions of old gotham money and your family dies, you become the batman with the best costume. Or bruce with a not as cool costume. But when you are just a dude, and you are angry... you become frank. You see frank's interesting because he forces people in comic and in reality to see how lucky they are. You see if your parents die, or your family what have you we wont become batman, odds are will probably be frank. And that's scary, because frank is a crazy person. This amplified times a billion because he lives in a world where folks have super powers, and he's just a dude.

In universe the idea of becoming a frank , scares the hell out of some people. Peter Parker and Matt Murdock specifically, I think its why they humor him or try to steer him away from murdering folks when they come around sometimes. Because they see themselves, him being around forces folks to look at the literal darkest time line. A man with literally nothing to loose, living by an idea. Dealing in absolutes, because life delt him that hand. Whats worse is... he's not a bad guy. Ok frank does bad things, but he's not a " bad guy " at least to himself because well, he's doing it for good. And in all honestly a chunk of the time it is. Not condoning murder, by the way.

And that brings me to the other part, he's never THE " bad guy " , he just gets to... continue actually. And even more, folks understand him... in universe. Wolverine goes and warns frank, because wolverine, hell a shit ton of the x men could probably get frank. The shit that the illuminati has done makes frank's shit look like penuts, even tchalla. They can't actually get too mad at frank, because... they in one way or another have been frank or sometimes even worse. Tony stark and Reed Richards are horrible human beings.

Some characters can' get mad at frank, some characters get mad at frank because they understand him all too well. Frank makes people think, frank makes people have internal discussions. And that's why frank's interesting, frank makes everyone else interesting. Yeah he's a cool guy with guns and a leather jacket who don't take no guff from no body. But if frank was just... that and didn't have the cheesy noir-ness of max payne 1 and 2, or modern GTA breaking badness of Max payne 3. To me at least he would be nothing.

They never give you the satisfaction of frank being " bad " you see frank is content for the most part in what he's doing. He's upset at how he got here, but what he does he just does what he does. Meanwhile a street over Spiderman and Daredevel are having internal crisis's on whether to let a guy die, and the that guy gets out of wherever and ruins more peoples lives. They never allow him to be just " bad" because if he was just that, the internal crisises wouldn't occur.

You aren't suppoused to look up to frank, whether frank is good or bad or in between is up to you , he's just supposed to make you think.

Also his outfit is the most cartoon-ish anti hero shit ever and its hilarious.

I usually hate FB memes but the one going around saying "Thanksgiving is next week.... No need to post pictures of the food we're all eating the same shit" is very true. I will unfriend people including family so fast over this.

Slayven

I'm going try and keep it breif because I could go on and on about frank, and it would just spew into other comic characters.

Frank's interesting because it isn't about frank, it about how people react to frank.

Yes, frank is a tragic figure, but isn't spiderman? The hulk? Wolverine? Numerous amounts of marvel heroes and villians, being tragic is sorta of their whole stick.But there are some things that make frank stick out , for one thing franks just a dude. You see when you have billions or possibly trillions of old gotham money and your family dies, you become the batman with the best costume. Or bruce with a not as cool costume. But when you are just a dude, and you are angry... you become frank. You see frank's interesting because he forces people in comic and in reality to see how lucky they are. You see if your parents die, or your family what have you we wont become batman, odds are will probably be frank. And that's scary, because frank is a crazy person. This amplified times a billion because he lives in a world where folks have super powers, and he's just a dude.

In universe the idea of becoming a frank , scares the hell out of some people. Peter Parker and Matt Murdock specifically, I think its why they humor him or try to steer him away from murdering folks when they come around sometimes. Because they see themselves, him being around forces folks to look at the literal darkest time line. A man with literally nothing to loose, living by an idea. Dealing in absolutes, because life delt him that hand. Whats worse is... he's not a bad guy. Ok frank does bad things, but he's not a " bad guy " at least to himself because well, he's doing it for good. And in all honestly a chunk of the time it is. Not condoning murder, by the way.

And that brings me to the other part, he's never THE " bad guy " , he just gets to... continue actually. And even more, folks understand him... in universe. Wolverine goes and warns frank, because wolverine, hell a shit ton of the x men could probably get frank. The shit that the illuminati has done makes frank's shit look like penuts, even tchalla. They can't actually get too mad at frank, because... they in one way or another have been frank or sometimes even worse. Tony stark and Reed Richards are horrible human beings.

Some characters can' get mad at frank, some characters get mad at frank because they understand him all too well. Frank makes people think, frank makes people have internal discussions. And that's why frank's interesting, frank makes everyone else interesting. Yeah he's a cool guy with guns and a leather jacket who don't take no guff from no body. But if frank was just... that and didn't have the cheesy noir-ness of max payne 1 and 2, or modern GTA breaking badness of Max payne 3. To me at least he would be nothing.

They never give you the satisfaction of frank being " bad " you see frank is content for the most part in what he's doing. He's upset at how he got here, but what he does he just does what he does. Meanwhile a street over Spiderman and Daredevel are having internal crisis's on whether to let a guy die, and the that guy gets out of wherever and ruins more peoples lives. They never allow him to be just " bad" because if he was just that, the internal crisises wouldn't occur.

You aren't suppoused to look up to frank, whether frank is good or bad or in between is up to you , he's just supposed to make you think.

Nah, if that was true they wouldn't go FrankenPun or Angelpun every few years.

I wouldn't say shit about pun if he actually tried to tackle crime at the source. Let him run up against Hammerhead, Tombstone, or some dudes at the top

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I like it when people post pictures of their food in here though. Especially Rayven_king.

This is a really cool breakdown and makes me more interested in Punisher. I know you're not the only punisher fan in here, pretty sure Bish likes him too.

Village

Nah, especially with that design. Yeah I joke about punisher's outfit, but its simple and it workss

My favorite version of punisher

PUNISHED Venom PUNISHER, and he has a quiet, that is better dressed.

Nah, if that was true they wouldn't go FrankenPun or Angelpun every few years.

I wouldn't say shit about pun if he actually tried to tackle crime at the source. Let him run up against Hammerhead, Tombstone, or some dudes at the top

nah because sometimes its funny to put that serious character in an odd situation, I still think in rings true. I don't think many of the of the wall situations that batman gets put in makes him less that.

As far as the source things goes, eh I think its a product of the medium he's in. Frank went against the avengers, you know that team that regularly has deities. Frank kinda isn't affraid of a lot. But I get your criticism.

Village

I like it when people post pictures of their food in here though. Especially Rayven_king.This is a really cool breakdown and makes me more interested in Punisher. I know you're not the only punisher fan in here, pretty sure Bish likes him too.

I'm happy I made you more interested in anything comic related.

Comics are cool man.

Slayven

I don't hate the Punisher

I just don't think they can do that much with him in a 13 hour series

40 minutes of him in a shithole crying over his dead family then a 10 mintue action sequence?

That said I think he has a lot more potential than Deadpool. Well the Deadpool the Internet thinks it wants

jmood88

The complaints about Jessica Jones not having enough Daredevil references/cameos (and Daredevil getting similar complaints when it first aired) are annoying as hell.

Village

I don't hate the Punisher

I just don't think they can do that much with him in a 13 hour series

40 minutes of him in a shithole crying over his dead family then a 10 mintue action sequence?
you use that marvel universe and Have them react to him. Shake some shit it up. I think frank would work better as a character who pops in everything and not having his own show.

That said I think he has a lot more potential than Deadpool. Well the Deadpool the Internet thinks it wants

They both have plenty, whether you like what comes out is another conversation.

Slayven

The complaints about Jessica Jones not having enough Daredevil references/cameos (and Daredevil getting similar complaints when it first aired) are annoying as hell.
Yeah, got old years ago. That is why i don't really go into the threads.
you use that marvel universe and Have them react to him. Shake some shit it up. I think frank would work better as a character who pops in everything and not having his own show.

They both have plenty, whether you like what comes out is another conversation.

Exactly.

Waypool which the movie is going to doe is trash.

Slayven

I love the MCU being connected but some people think that it all sharing one world means that they have to randomly force in references and appearances so that they can constantly reinforce that it's all one universe.

See that is why I fucks with you.

And if they did do that, they would scream and yell how it is so force.

Give niggas a fine wine they be yelling why it's old english.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

some of that would have validity if frank was a morally grey character. or if he was just killing characters and not torturing them. in the process of his killing sprees, he leaves power vacuums in his wake that just continue the cycle. if he was a more introspective character, or if the killing got to him but he couldnt stop, i would like him more,

there seems to be aspects of kelly deadpool in the trailer, but the quirky deadpool is the one most people want to see

jmood88

See that is why I fucks with you.

And if they did do that, they would scream and yell how it is so force.

Give niggas a fine wine they be yelling why it's old english.
Exactly. The two movies with the most references and time spent on the universe as a whole, Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron, are two of the most maligned Marvel movies on here.

Kreed

I love the MCU being connected but some people think that it all sharing one world means that they have to randomly force in references and appearances so that they can constantly reinforce that it's all one universe.

smh, I don't even like the references in the show now.

Village

some of that would have validity if frank was a morally grey character. or if he was just killing characters and not torturing them. in the process of his killing sprees, he leaves power vacuums in his wake that just continue the cycle. if he was a more introspective character, or if the killing got to him but he couldnt stop, i would like him more,

I would argue what you are saying doesn't take away from anything i said. Infact plays into more. If you wanna keep talking about frank fine we can talk. I actually wanna talk the flash. Because I don't watch that show, should I watch it?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I would argue what you are saying doesn't take away from anything i said. Infact plays into more. If you wanna keep talking about frank fine we can talk. I actually wanna talk the flash. Because I don't watch that show, should I watch it?

i enjoyed the flash, but it has in turn make me not want to watch arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom