• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

It be like that

sddefault.jpg

Kreed

Fam, i'm in serious trouble and i need you advice/help. Please.

I got this in the mail today. (apparently, it came this morning but i didn't notice, as it was in my spam folder)

I'm really scared, and don't know what to do. Someone please help me.

Top result from searching for "Patreon hacking scam" in Google says you're fine. If any hacker legitimately had that kind of info on you, they'd show it in the email as proof anyway.

BUT, if you for one second think that someone could hack Patreon or any individual website and get that kind of info on you (particularly your SSN and Tax ID forms), you need to fix that with the quickness (ex: new/unique passwords for every site you use, two step/etc... on every site that will allow it, etc...)

Shy

don't reply and get a credit monitoring service.
I just checked Patreon's Twitter, according to them it's a baseless scam. You good fam. I don't know a thing about cyber security but it seems far fetched to grab someone's SSN from a crowdfunding site.
Don't believe it. It's a bullshit fishing scam. You're gonna be okay, Shy.
Top result from searching for "Patreon hacking scam" in Google says you're fine. If any hacker legitimately had that kind of info on you, they'd show it in the email as proof anyway.

BUT, if you for one second think that someone could hack Patreon or any individual website and get that kind of info on you (particularly your SSN and Tax ID forms), you need to fix that with the quickness (ex: new/unique passwords for every site you use, two step/etc... on every site that will allow it, etc...)
Thanks my fam.
JCOY4OW.gif

akira28

I got this in the mail today. (apparently, it came this morning but i didn't notice, as it was in my spam folder)

yeah credit monitoring. I have donated to patreon in the past and the most they have is an email address and a name. don't worry about scammers.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/11/21/extortionists-are-threatening-to-release-patreon-user-data/

Does anyone else have a pet peeve about wait staff assuming you want hot sauce when you are out to eat...because...yeah...

:[

nah I'm polite. Just put it down on the table, baby. Don't stand there waiting for me to speak.

D i Z

I got an email stating that this is a hoax and the feds are working with Patreon as we speak.

Beaten.

andthebeatgoeson

Call your African Prince Peoples.

Shy

I forgot to mention, i just notice i've been a mod of our PS4 group. Thanks Gordon. <3
yeah credit monitoring. I have donated to patreon in the past and the most they have is an email address and a name. don't worry about scammers.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/11/21/extortionists-are-threatening-to-release-patreon-user-data/
Cool.
I got an email stating that this is a hoax and the feds are working with Patreon as we speak.

Beaten.
I didn't get that email till about half an hour after i post on here. But thank for the heads up <3
Call your African Prince Peoples.
Motherfucker, you made laugh. :D
MJxQu.gif

Who's getting on?
Sure, i'll hope on.

EDIT: What time do you want to play. ?

D i Z

I'm playing Fallout 4 and while poking around in a diner I got a message prompt from Shy (group messages). Just when I looked over I stepped on a landmine and blew my legs off.

Driving around I stopped at a light and saw a basketball game being played next to a mosque. It was 3 dudes in ball gear playing against 3 Muslim guys wearing their traditional gear.

I was thinking "damn that's a beautiful sight". Then a Muslim guy got hella dunked on....

cdyhybrid

Driving around I stopped at a light and saw a basketball game being played next to a mosque. It was 3 dudes in ball gear playing against 3 Muslim guys wearing their traditional gear.

I was thinking "damn that's a beautiful sight". Then a Muslim guy got hella dunked on....

Posters are equal opportunity.

Numb

Better come dressed to play.

Lmao...

Ball is life

At least he was able to recover his soul in the mosque.

Bronx-Man

Banned

"When a life has been dunked on, it is as if all of humanity has been posterized." - Qur'an Verse 5:32, Kareem Edition

I'm going try and keep it breif because I could go on and on about frank, and it would just spew into other comic characters.

Frank's interesting because it isn't about frank, it about how people react to frank.

Yes, frank is a tragic figure, but isn't spiderman? The hulk? Wolverine? Numerous amounts of marvel heroes and villians, being tragic is sorta of their whole stick.But there are some things that make frank stick out , for one thing franks just a dude. You see when you have billions or possibly trillions of old gotham money and your family dies, you become the batman with the best costume. Or bruce with a not as cool costume. But when you are just a dude, and you are angry... you become frank. You see frank's interesting because he forces people in comic and in reality to see how lucky they are. You see if your parents die, or your family what have you we wont become batman, odds are will probably be frank. And that's scary, because frank is a crazy person. This amplified times a billion because he lives in a world where folks have super powers, and he's just a dude.

In universe the idea of becoming a frank , scares the hell out of some people. Peter Parker and Matt Murdock specifically, I think its why they humor him or try to steer him away from murdering folks when they come around sometimes. Because they see themselves, him being around forces folks to look at the literal darkest time line. A man with literally nothing to loose, living by an idea. Dealing in absolutes, because life delt him that hand. Whats worse is... he's not a bad guy. Ok frank does bad things, but he's not a " bad guy " at least to himself because well, he's doing it for good. And in all honestly a chunk of the time it is. Not condoning murder, by the way.

And that brings me to the other part, he's never THE " bad guy " , he just gets to... continue actually. And even more, folks understand him... in universe. Wolverine goes and warns frank, because wolverine, hell a shit ton of the x men could probably get frank. The shit that the illuminati has done makes frank's shit look like penuts, even tchalla. They can't actually get too mad at frank, because... they in one way or another have been frank or sometimes even worse. Tony stark and Reed Richards are horrible human beings.

Some characters can' get mad at frank, some characters get mad at frank because they understand him all too well. Frank makes people think, frank makes people have internal discussions. And that's why frank's interesting, frank makes everyone else interesting. Yeah he's a cool guy with guns and a leather jacket who don't take no guff from no body. But if frank was just... that and didn't have the cheesy noir-ness of max payne 1 and 2, or modern GTA breaking badness of Max payne 3. To me at least he would be nothing.

They never give you the satisfaction of frank being " bad " you see frank is content for the most part in what he's doing. He's upset at how he got here, but what he does he just does what he does. Meanwhile a street over Spiderman and Daredevel are having internal crisis's on whether to let a guy die, and the that guy gets out of wherever and ruins more peoples lives. They never allow him to be just " bad" because if he was just that, the internal crisises wouldn't occur.

You aren't suppoused to look up to frank, whether frank is good or bad or in between is up to you , he's just supposed to make you think.

Also his outfit is the most cartoon-ish anti hero shit ever and its hilarious.

Garth Ennis run on The Punisher is definitive.
I read that run and decided that unless that version was brought to life, I wouldn't be watching.

Edit: Finished the rest of the posts, and yea, I recommend reading the arcs. The first issue basically causes the rest of the run, but it touches on basically everything folks are saying about power vacuums and morality, etc. Frank gets a lot of love, character wise. He was the Punisher all along, he simply has nothing to lose now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom