• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55dd3191e4b08cd3359dde05

Yeah, that's it, I'm sure.
“I've never had a racist bone in my body. I’ve worked for a bunch of ’em, been in their houses, been in a lot of your guys’ houses,” said a bearded white man who was not identified. “But if you keep pushing me I will show you my racist ways."

He also said Mitch Landrieu, mayor of New Orleans, can "go to hell" and "praise the Lord for (Gov.) Bobby Jindal.”
Another white speaker said of King, "He didn’t live in this parish, he did nothing for this parish, he didn’t even know this parish existed.”
One speaker implied that honoring King by changing the name of the road would lead to crime, Talking Points Memo reports.
“If you look around the world, every Martin Luther King Boulevard is crime-ridden and drug-ridden. Why the hell would we want that in this parish?" the unidentified speaker said. "Martin Luther King was a great man, and all the streets that are named after him does not reflect the content of that man’s character.”

Jacir

Dude! Relax. I mentioned I was primarily replying to the other dude because he said "Need more black female stand-up comedians". I was naming them for him, but it was easier to reply to your post. It wasn't intended as any commentary on your person.

To be honest, I don't remember individual names of any of you guys except for Slayven (he's on a list). I have people that give me brief biographies of the rest of you as and when I request them. I'm having yours updated to read 'handle carefully - sensitive chap'.

Hope you dig Gina and Andi. They're both funny girls.

My person is my person, you understand!? Nah I'm kidding lol. I let you live. Be careful with that type of information data. The COINTELPRO is still on the loose. We have to keep it on the low OK.

If we were the Crystal Gems, you would be Pearl.

Because you're so goddamn thirsty.

Pearl's too good for Slayven. He's more a Dewey.

tumblr_nrlrjugkFH1s74imwo2_500.gif

Pearl becomes a better character when you realize her emotional attachments aren't actually glorified in-universe. Rose's Scabbard helped her win me over.

Garnet's still the best for basically being Samus and Estelle's love child though

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Officers who hunted and murdered civilians in the aftermath of Katrina may get their convictions overturned due to new evidence.

That evidence? The prosecutors posted comments to a news article calling the police department (that tried to cover up the murder of civilians) and the murdering officers as "rotten from the head down": http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...cops-convictions-for-shooting-unarmed-people/

Jeez will the prosecutors attempt a re-trial or what?

Numb

Gina Yashere and Andi Osho are both funny, although I don't know how well their humour will travel stateside.

That's a reply to the guy you quoted more than yourself, but I'm lazy.

Dude! Relax. I mentioned I was primarily replying to the other dude because he said "Need more black female stand-up comedians". I was naming them for him, but it was easier to reply to your post. It wasn't intended as any commentary on your person.

To be honest, I don't remember individual names of any of you guys except for Slayven (he's on a list). I have people that give me brief biographies of the rest of you as and when I request them. I'm having yours updated to read 'handle carefully - sensitive chap'.

Hope you dig Gina and Andi. They're both funny girls.
Thanks Dave. Will check them out. Not stateside so it won't bother me besides laughter is universal.

Indeed you can refer to me as ''the other dude'' but don't be lazy tho.

Officers who hunted and murdered civilians in the aftermath of Katrina may get their convictions overturned due to new evidence.

That evidence? The prosecutors posted comments to a news article calling the police department (that tried to cover up the murder of civilians) and the murdering officers as "rotten from the head down": http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...cops-convictions-for-shooting-unarmed-people/

Too damn early for this shit..

Numb

They are mostly normal nostalgic fans but then there are those guys.
The normal fans must fear them as much as regular people do.
Yeah....I'm checking this out. Got to do it on the sneak tip so my son won't judge me :(
I hope it teaches some life lessons that can't be learned by regular means.

Numb

Indeed.

Trying to google Sonic fanart can be a challenge. Even if it is completely innocent you can't shake off that feeling you get seeing all the other not so innocent fan arts. Don't even know what other series falls into this Sonic category of the fuckery that follows it.

speaking of garnet being the best

Who are the creeps that draw not fat, but bloated female characters? Can't google a female character without getting one.

This reminds me, there was an episode of the Rooster Teeth Podcast where they were going over a bit of news where a dude "tripped onto" one of those gas station air pumps and blew up like a balloon (and even went temporarily blind because the air separated too many layers of muscle), and Burnie, being so desensitized by the internet, immediately goes "wait, is - is that a fetish?" And looks it up on his laptop only to discover all of the weird internet inflation shit. I couldn't tell if I was more impressed or concerned.

Infinite

Sorry to retread on this old topic but I found a very interesting article being circulated on Twitter about the state of Vermount presidential candidate Bernie Sanders used to govern. Keep in mind this state is know as the second most progressive state in the country.
What does this mean? Black Vermonters make up just 1.2% of the state's general population, but 10.7% of its incarcerated population. Meaning that, proportionally, there are nearly 10 times more black people locked up in Vermont's jails and prisons on a given day than there are walking its streets.

So much for Mr Sanders being our best friend and economic equality leading to racial equality.

Source.

Numb

So this is what the dude with VR+TwerkBot was actually seeing.

The future is slowly forming infront of us. We are witnessing it in real time.

Checked out those comedians.
Andi osho was alright although this dress makes her look like a smaller Serena who hasn't yet succumed to the dark Hado making her look less buff and less wilder features.
andi-osho.jpg

serena-williams-espy-getty.jpg

Im not the only one who sees this right?

Gina Yashere on the other hand was really funny and her American stories were cool.

Slayven

Sorry to retread on this old topic but I found a very interesting article being circulated on Twitter about the state of Vermount presidential candidate Bernie Sanders used to govern. Keep in mind this state is know as the second most progressive state in the country.

So much for Mr Sanders being our best friend and economic equality leading to racial equality.

Source.

maybe black people are committing 10 times the crimes?

I wish i was brave enough to make the thread

Trey

Everyone that doesn't vote in mid-term elections needs to shut the fuck up about Bernie Sanders.

I used to believe in this maxim. But then I thought about it further and if someone has a reason to complain, they should voice that complaint, regardless of how hypocritical it makes them look in a post hoc sense. Them voting or not voting has no tangible effect on the validity of their complaint in that moment.

I would say you should still impress upon people the value of voting (which is one element to the saying), but pretending someone's right to complain holds no weight just because they didn't vote is unnecessary.

Infinite

I hear so many classmates say that they system needs to be changed but the minute some effort is required, they bail. Sorry if I'm not enamored with Ron Paul 2.0.
I agree with you on Standers it seems but I don't think it makes people a hypocrite to complain about issues surrounding them today if they haven't voted in the midterms in the past. Too often people used that to silence people's concerns in a very smug fashion all the while making assumptions of their voting habits in the first place.

I can't believe I watched what I watched. then has the audacity to say he killed her because she's a racist??? I'm furious man.
There'd be a lot bodies in my past if that's all it took. This dude was touched in the head. No other way would you FILM this shit! In fact, yup.."Reporter till the very end" seems like something a nutjob would be thinking.

So ridiculous..geezus..
Killing others and then taking your own life because of cowardice must be one of the most annoying things ever.
It is..
That selfish motherfucker is going to make every black person's life worse for what he did.

Coward.
I didn't even consider this..guess we should get ready for some extra bullshit..

There'd be a lot bodies in my past if that's all it took. This dude was touched in the head. No other way would you FILM this shit! In fact, yup.."Reporter till the very end" seems like something a nutjob would be thinking.

So ridiculous..geezus..

dude sent a 23 page manifesto to ABC, too.

That selfish motherfucker is going to make every black person's life worse for what he did.

Coward.
Pretty much...

I'm tired from posting in the Serena Williams thread. They just can't come out and say it is because she's black is because she doesn't make as much endorsements as Sharapova. They can't even acknowledge that it is even possible, but hide behind some supposed myth that she is a questionable person off/on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom