• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I'm tired from posting in the Serena Williams thread. They just can't come out and say it is because she's black is because she doesn't make as much endorsements as Sharapova. They can't even acknowledge that it is even possible, but hide behind some supposed myth that she is a questionable person off/on the court.

There is no end.

I'll put this behind the link (Its not graphic just extremely racist)

but this is what right-wing sites are pushing this as

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNWLXfpWoAA0Jpi.png

Amazing.

Trending topics on Twitter (of note)

WBDJ (news station call letters)
Chris Dorner
Black Mirror
Sandy Hook

I didn't know a lot of Americans watched Black Mirror. But some of the descriptions are spot on. That's how it is with every public murder like this. Society is programmed to just absorb everything. Now I remember the episode they are comparing it to.

Black Mirror 2x02 White Bear HDTV x264 FoV

Fuck him for what he did but I don't think that.

If anything Racist gun nuts will do their best to make this shooting a race issue instead of a gun issue.

But that situation in the church of south carolina? Wasn't a race issue? It was a religious issue?

The mental gymnastics racist people will go through. And I saw the video... I kinda wish I hadn't. It's gonna be spread all over the internet

White bear was such a good episode.

I don't see how this situation relates to it in particular, though.

I guess it would be more of the first episode then. I'm pretty sure Black Mirror addressed in one of them the power of the whole world watching an incident unfold on live tv and what people will do to watch it or how they act upon watching it with the world.

Fuck him for what he did but I don't think that.

If anything Racist gun nuts will do their best to make this shooting a race issue instead of a gun issue.

That's exactly why black people's lives are going to get worse.

How many racists gun nuts do you really think there are? Or just plain racists? Because there are way more, and way more influential, than most people like to believe.

BLM for instance is going to get a shitstorm for this.

andthebeatgoeson

That selfish motherfucker is going to make every black person's life worse for what he did.

Coward.
One, you know they are calling him every name on you tube. That happens everyday.

2, can only pray for the dead now. Damn, he videoed the shooting and posted it? That sounds psychotic.

How are you linking BLM to this?

One, you know they are calling him every name on you tube. That happens everyday.

2, can only pray for the dead now. Damn, he videoed the shooting and posted it? That sounds psychotic.

How are you linking BLM to this?

Because the killer was black. Now everything black people do for agency is going to get ranted it by conservative trolls, maybe even mainstream media.

And since the most prominent movement right now is BLM... I've already seen people try to link it throughout social media. It's disgusting.

Trust, this isn't a respectability argument. This is a, "white media can be opportunistic vultures" argument.

Numb

goddamn he was black, i was praying he wasn't. Damn the nuts will be every crazy.

Couldn't tell what he was in the vid and it didn't matter seeing what he did but after finding out he was black the already bad ending in such a situation got even worse.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The coward who killed those two doesn't deserve any publicity. Fuck him and his identity by not talking about him.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Because the killer was black. Now everything black people do for agency is going to get ranted it by conservative trolls, maybe even mainstream media.

And since the most prominent movement right now is BLM... I've already seen people try to link it throughout social media. It's disgusting.

Trust, this isn't a respectability argument. This is a, "white media can be opportunistic vultures" argument.

It was getting ranted on before by those same people. Lets not forget last week's controvery about one member of BLM not being black or a thread today because BLM were at a state fair. Challenging the system isn't something anyone wants to see or pay attention too. And all of this is nothing compared to the history of black protest.

This man who was likely insane going on a shooting spree is a gun issue. Him going ballistic doesn't put things at the status quo of black people not having agency on police violence unless black people choose to not have agency on police violence. Its not like anyone believe another act of major police misconduct in regards to black people isn't a few days/weeks away. That system of corruption is still very active and healthy unfortunately.

speaking of garnet being the best

This reminds me, there was an episode of the Rooster Teeth Podcast where they were going over a bit of news where a dude "tripped onto" one of those gas station air pumps and blew up like a balloon (and even went temporarily blind because the air separated too many layers of muscle), and Burnie, being so desensitized by the internet, immediately goes "wait, is - is that a fetish?" And looks it up on his laptop only to discover all of the weird internet inflation shit. I couldn't tell if I was more impressed or concerned.

Burnie says the darnest things

also the best black female comedian is obviously
Sarah Silverman

Infinite

It was getting ranted on before by those same people. Lets not forget last week's controvery about one member of BLM not being black or a thread today because BLM were at a state fair. Challenging the system isn't something anyone wants to see or pay attention too. And all of this is nothing compared to the history of black protest.

This man who was likely insane going on a shooting spree is a gun issue. Him going ballistic doesn't put things at the status quo of black people not having agency on police violence unless black people choose to not have agency on police violence. Its not like anyone believe another act of major police misconduct in regards to black people isn't a few days/weeks away. That system of corruption is still very active and healthy unfortunately.
In a perfect and just world where black people aren't treating like the fucking Legion from Castlevania (we are one but we are many) we wouldn't need to even have this conversation. Black folk would be recognized as individuals and we won't be forced to answer for this man's crimes. Unfortunately this ain't the world we live in. All it takes is one media pundit asking where is BLM in all this or one "journalist" writing a think piece asking the same thing and boom.

50 out here taking financial advice from Birdman

Just Blaze paycheck from "Power" (50s TV series)

11951210_10207093195385777_2922208685832198191_n.jpg

Trey

I guess it would be more of the first episode then. I'm pretty sure Black Mirror addressed in one of them the power of the whole world watching an incident unfold on live tv and what people will do to watch it or how they act upon watching it with the world.

Definitely more the point of the pig fucking episode.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
In a perfect and just world where black people aren't treating like the fucking Legion from Castlevania (we are one but we are many) we wouldn't need to even have this conversation. Black folk would be recognized as individuals and we won't be forced to answer for this man's crimes. Unfortunately this ain't the world we live in. All it takes is one media pundit asking where is BLM in all this or one "journalist" writing a think piece asking the same thing and boom.

It doesn't work like that in regards to the candidates. The republicans can brush off BLM (which some were doing anyway) but for democrats that still need black votes. As long as it looks like black people as a group mostly support BLM message any Dem candidate who bites on a thought re-worded #alllivesmatter piece that tries to take advantage of the tragedy in Virginia is going to regret it.

As for that black vote being based on #BLM possibly ostracizing non black voters I doubt it .I hate to keep talking about this but its political reality. Today was a televised tragedy, but we've seen it all before and its core is a Gun debate neither party wants to have. This is not a some half crock war on crime shit that a republican can grab to energize their base. Trying to use one to hide the other isn't going work and will back fire on the candidate that tries it. Its why you don't hear any candidate on the repubs jumping on this issue regardless of the shooters race.

Afrocious

Might be taking a break from social media. I get the feeling that racist talk is going to become more pervasive on my feeds after the deaths of the two journalists.

goddamn he was black, i was praying he wasn't. Damn the nuts will be every crazy.

you, me and every other black person in the country. And then he goes and doubles down on the crazy discrimination angle as justification.

it's going to be a rough couple of weeks. Pray Trump does something stupid to start a new news cycle.

edit: oh shit, it's new comic book day. I don't need this drama, I got my stories to read

Kreed

you, me and every other black person in the country. And then he goes and doubles down on the crazy discrimination angle as justification.

it's going to be a rough couple of weeks. Pray Trump does something stupid to start a new news cycle.

edit: oh shit, it's new comic book day. I don't need this drama, I got my stories to read

We already had that crazy killer in California claiming racism and the woman in a car at the White House. We'll be alright.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
We already had that crazy killer in California claiming racism and the woman in a car at the White House. We'll be alright.

Agreed. I am more concerned with the victims than worrying about some supposed racial backlash because of it. Most sane people are upset that it happened in the first place without bringing up racial elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom