• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Spec Ops will probably be more palatable in an academic setting. Hotline Miami veers a little too much into "only 90's gamers remember" territory to write a serious paper on imo.

I'd agree with you two years ago, but the big theme of warfare and how futile it is really stuck with me from Wrong Number. But who cares, Spec Ops it is!

Hackers sucks..I wipe my ass with it.

giphy.gif

What!?

"You wanted to know who I am, Zero Cool? Well, let me explain the New World Order. Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are Samurai... the Keyboard Cowboys... and all those other people who have no idea what's going on are the cattle... Moooo."

Have to write a 4 page paper on how any piece of media I choose is a satire of patriotism. Immediately thought of Spec Ops and Hotline Miami. Which should I choose?

Definitely Spec Ops. Despite it being a reinterpretation of Heart of Darkness, it has the imagery, grativas, and some biting satire on patriotism and how it affects military FPS'.

I imagine folks trying to keep up with this thread trying to get "gotcha" posts to be so confused

There's bound to be some dirt on those reverse-racist a-holes in here!

*hops into thread*

"JC'S family tree is more of a thick kudzu"
"nigga get the corn out your whinny-the-pooh-ass mouth and say that to my face"
"but you won't throw hands"
*bootybuttcheeks.jpg*
"I do say, it appears that our resident equestrian and charlatan brethren have engaged in quite the skirmish!"
*news article on race relations*
"y'all hear about meek getting hit with a pinata at a quizno's this weekend"

Jacir

*hops into thread*

*bootybuttcheeks.jpg*
"I do say, it appears that our resident equestrian and charlatan brethren have engaged in quite the skirmish!"

Omg hilarious.

*hops into thread*

*bootybuttcheeks.jpg*
lmao

*hops into thread*

*bootybuttcheeks.jpg*

GoT_joffrey_approves.gif

This needs to go in the OP for the next thread.

*hops into thread*

*bootybuttcheeks.jpg*
lol..On point, but the lack of anime surprises me.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Spec Ops is so criminally slept on. The game is like the closest thing to Apocalypse Now the video game.

I'd say it's probably the Shadow of the Colossus of the 7th gen when people think of games as art.

*hops into thread*

*bootybuttcheeks.jpg*

You forgot the animu gifs.

Slayven

*hops into thread*

*bootybuttcheeks.jpg*

No anime?

RP912

Banned
I'd say it's probably the Shadow of the Colossus of the 7th gen when people think of games as art.

You forgot the animu gifs.

Ugh...I couldn't get into SOTC. The clunky controls and the blurriness of the graphics made me dizzy. I did love Ico though...

JLynn

So... the last dragon.

Not the greatest of transfers. Its still very grainy. But im noticing details i didnt notice on my dvd copy (taimaks acne). I wish i had a bluray drive on my laptop to screenshot for you guys.

Doesn't seem to have a lot of special features. Commentary, a interview of the cast and the theatrical trailer. If only we got the soundtrack music videos.

But for a movie created 2 years before my birth, i can't complain. Only cost 17 bucks. I would pay twice that much for this movie. It basically was on repeat in my house from age 7 till 16. I know the whole movie, including the amazing soundtrack word for word. And It'll probably be on repeat for the next few weeks.

I got the Bluray as well and to me it exceeded my expectations. This was a movie produced on the cheap so the original film elements were probably using lower quality film compared to the blockbusters at the time. That said this looks way better than the $5 DVD uprezzed to 1080p. The film grain is good because that where the detail lies. You don't want Bruce Leroy and Sho Nuff look like they were bathing in Vaseline.

The sound was remixed and it must have been challenging considering the age and probable condition of the audio tracks. I didn't see the retrospective yet but the commentary included is the same as the DVD which is nice. Also nice seeing the original trailer since it's not on the DVD copy I own. I didn't expect the music videos but in this age of YouTube I don't mind it. I do wish they interviewed some of the music artists who contributed to the soundtrack. I also wondered of Berry Gordy admitted the movie being an advertisement of Motown's acts at the time.

Spec Ops is so criminally slept on. The game is like the closest thing to Apocalypse Now the video game.

No its not, every time I hear something about deep philosophical video games its about Spec Ops.....

Do MGS2, or you know what MGS3 does patriotism very well.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
we got stone cold stunners in Street Fighter now

I'm okay with this

though I'm not sure how Mika's character design is going to go over nowadays

Numb

Went to ask this girl out just now. Had to go 3D since the 2D was getting on the low here(been just afew hours i know). Old classmate who was looking for a book and i had it. She wanted to buy it from me and i had the bright idea of telling her i would give it for free if she went out with me. Book was like a 100 bucks new so it seemed like a fair trade. That's like our first or second date paid for right there. Ofcourse got completely shut down. Nice girl and also thought i was somehow joking so things were still smooth between us at the end. Ended up selling it lower than i would have to other people.

Didn't think it through enough it seems.

D i Z

Wow..that's pretty ridiculous shit to put those families through. Heartless..

Good on you, for not posting that here. Shit isn't a joke to take so lightly. Geezuz..

That tabloid competition is vicious. The British papers are just as bad.

So... the last dragon.

Not the greatest of transfers. Its still very grainy. But im noticing details i didnt notice on my dvd copy (taimaks acne). I wish i had a bluray drive on my laptop to screenshot for you guys.

Doesn't seem to have a lot of special features. Commentary, a interview of the cast and the theatrical trailer. If only we got the soundtrack music videos.

But for a movie created 2 years before my birth, i can't complain. Only cost 17 bucks. I would pay twice that much for this movie. It basically was on repeat in my house from age 7 till 16. I know the whole movie, including the amazing soundtrack word for word. And It'll probably be on repeat for the next few weeks.

Tomorrow night I'll watch hackers. Another movie that was on repeat for much of my childhood. In the mirc days, hackers quotables was the only language spoken.

Edit: just popped in hackers for a second, definitely a better transfer. But its a film thats 10 years younger so that should be expected.

Good looking out on the transfer info homie. I wasn't expecting them to have anything special to work with, but at least you didn't say that they fucked it up. Will get.

What do you mans think of bloodborne

Bloodborne is freakin great. I still need to get back to it, but I'm too stuck in long haul gaming with Destiny and The Witcher 3 to get back to it. Top o' my get "back at me" list tho.

Went to ask this girl out just now. Had to go 3D since the 2D was getting on the low here(been just afew hours i know). Old classmate who was looking for a book and i had it. She wanted to buy it from me and i had the bright idea of telling her i would give it for free if she went out with me. Book was like a 100 bucks new so it seemed like a fair trade. That's like our first or second date paid for right there. Ofcourse got completely shut down. Nice girl and also thought i was somehow joking so things were still smooth between us at the end. Ended up selling it lower than i would have to other people.

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

cold game

Slayven

When a girl rather pay money than spend time with you......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom